It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain..Show some respect for the man, or at least his family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This was a solid interview for Cain.I really feel for the man, mostly his family. Whether or not the allegations of these affairs are true, it's apparent that his family is suffering badly from it. I think true or not, the media is successful because any decent face time in front of the camera is spent covering an alleged affair, as opposed to foreign policy or anything important.I used to consider him a bafoon. I assumed he entered the race as one of the many pawns used to take attention away from Ron Paul. (who was quickly rising to the top of polls prior)
I actually respect him now. He's straight forward, clear and concise in his speech. His background in business enhance his responses in terms of communication and clarity. I just wish he was honest. I have to say "helping her out because she was in deep financial trouble and couldn't pay her rent." Is a little shady. Not to mention all the groups of texts late at night etc... watch for yourself!

www.foxnews.com...
He admits there is an establishment pulling the strings who is inflicting character assassination. sound familiar? (RP)

Herman Cain:
"This is why people like me dont run, because if the establishment sees that you are credible, and the people are gettin' behind you, they wanna bring me down. Because the ideas that I'm puttin' on the table, they are bold. And they are going to return the power from the government back to the people. Like my 999 plan."

edit on 30-11-2011 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
yeh it's horrible. it shows the immaturity of a certain part of the population. immature bc this doesn't have anything to do with the man's capabilities. not that i think he has what it takes to be a good POTUS, but this only distracts from the real problems

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

I have no respect for the man for the simple fact that he was a part of the Federal Reserve system.. I don't care what we hear about all this BS with allegations and all that. The Fed is his political grave in my opinion..

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Apparently HE has failed to show respect for his family. Feel them (his family), sure, but don't put the blame on the media. The blame lies squarely at the feet of the egotistical Mr. Cain.
edit on 30/11/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I simply cannot feel bad for the man, and if people don't like that, I do not care. He should have known that entering a presidential race with as much baggage as he has would end up being detrimental to himself, his family, and his image. Herman Cain has been a joke from day one; he simply regurgitates the same talking points while avoiding difficult questions with ramblings about 999, or about surrounding himself with the "right people" so that he can "make difficult decisions." His lack of knowledge in regards to foreign policy is frightening.

I will concede that he is right about one thing, though: a regressive tax (999) during a recession is indeed BOLD--and not in a good way.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What is this? are you being serious here? What exactly has Cain done to earn anybodies respect, I want to know! He has disrespected America by running for president and making a fool out of himself...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Cain is a businessman and a politician, he deserves no respect.
I have spoken no evil for his betrayed wife either.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Actually, as much as I feel this is a bit out of line, it has shown to us that the man is a hypocrite through and through. If the man cannot even respect tha sanctity of his own word, how can he respect anything?

If the man was an admitted swinger, or polyamorous, or any other sort of open marriage, I would say this is a non issue. Lying and cheating to your wife, etc., are not leadership qualities.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I would love to see Herman Cain face off against Barack Obama. It would guarantee the Prez a second term. Cain is the philanthropist Koch brothers candidate, that's probably why the press is so interested in him.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
why is everyone so angry on this web site...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Because for the most part, we are informed.
I would suggest if you were not angry, you need to look and see what is going on with this world.
It may not be me who is oppressed or bombed today but if I sit around long enough, it may be me.
Cain has shown himself to be a tool for his own wants therefore, I'll show him no quarter.
The fact that anyone would request we respect any politician is laughable at best.
I will be voting for Paul, but I still understand he is a fallible man and is not going to fix all of our prblems.
But he may be the best choice of what we have to choose from.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Is anger or hatred ever justified?

A direct answer from Allan Wallace in 'Tibetan Buddhism from the Ground up':

"'Righteous hatred' is in the same category as 'righteous cancer'or 'righteous tuberculosis'. All of them are absurd concepts."

This does not mean that one should never take action against aggression or injustice! Instead, one should try to develop an inner calmness and insight to deal with these situations in an appropriate way. We all know that anger and aggression give rise to anger and aggression. One could say that there are three ways to get rid of anger: kill the opponent, kill yourself or kill the anger - which one makes most sense to you?"

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Eh.. he is a baffoon though.
His Ubekibekibekistan remark made him, to me at least, forever an idiot. I don't want a president that tries to make a country or a group of lesser known countries seem like they aren't worth knowing. He has also shown that he is ignorant of a lot of facets of foreign policy and governing.

And it's starting to look like the only person that needs to show respect for Herman Cain's family is Herman Cain.
edit on 30-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I say; "Herman Cain, show some respect for the office or at least your family.....
and bow out of the race."

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I don't feel sorry for him or his family. Much less have any respect. He is a smooth talking flim flam man and the fact that all this came out simply shows he doesn't have any sense of consequences for his actions. There is no doubt in my mind he is a womanizer. When caught he just simply keeps lying about it. He reminds me of Tiger Woods just more aggessive which makes it even worse.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I would never vote for him, but its clear this could tear his family apart. I cannot say when that is ever a good thing in any situation.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I would never vote for him, but its clear this could tear his family apart. I cannot say when that is ever a good thing in any situation.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

good point! I really haven't done much research because I knew I would be voting for Ron Paul regardless. What did Herman Cain do at the Fed, and what does it tell us about him? The answers: “Not much,” and “a little more than not much.”
There are 12 regional Federal Reserve Banks. Each has a nine-member board of directors, composed of three commercial bankers (Class A, in Fed jargon), three people from nonbanking sectors of the economy (Class B), and three captains of industry from the region (Class C). Cain was Class C. In 1992, he joined the board of directors at the Kansas City branch of the Federal Reserve. In 1994, he was chosen to chair the board.What does the board of directors actually do? Every month that Cain was there, board members would meet, talk through the economic developments and data in their areas, and offer some advice. Fed economists would listen. The research would be taken up to Kansas City Fed President Tom Hoenig, who could use it however he deigned to use it.* “They’re a source of economic information for the bank,” explains Bill Medley, public information director for the Kansas City Fed. What’s their single biggest contribution? They recommend the discount rate , or what the Fed charges for loans. “But that,” says Medley, “has to be approved by the board of governors.”

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Eh.. I would say he and his wife have had many fights/conversations about his 13 year affair.
She isn't learning anything new.
edit on 30-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

In the running of this high office a persons background is suddenly thrust into the public eye. with running for a high level govenrmetn position the person and his or her family must realize adn accept the skeletons that will come out of the closet. along with hidden facts beign revealed the person and his or her family get torn to shreds it happens in politics, especially american politics. stop whining, tell cain to stop whinning and get over the fact he lies, is unable to be in this position. Cant ask me to have more respect for a man who whores around and his wife accepts it. Then I would in a normal situation.

top topics

join