It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mods and admins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I have a question? what's with this #ing # about the damned cuss words? why the # can't i say this #? I mean , i use #ing words like this to emphasize myself, why the # can't i do that here? that # is stupid you know? i mean #, if somebody is using the # to bitch at people, then ban them, like normal, but otherwise, why can't i just say it?

[Edited on 11-4-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
just wanted to say an obvious point, all the various so called "obcene" words in the above post were being used to emphasize what i was asking and give examples, i am aware of the rules in the terms and conditions against such a thing

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Lol, I think somone is crying out...Seems to me like a cry for help. How about a nice liberal hug? EH? No? Hey don't hit me! Ouch!

I'm telling!

Are you trying to get banned? I like their rules. Swearing only diminishes conversation. If they didn't have that rule, some would make a post like this-

**** Liberals ****, Kick their ***. Their so full of ****.
Or-
**** Conservatives ****, I'll ******* Sue them!

Note- all of the above 'cuss' words have been censored for your saftey. joehayner censoring beuro

[Edited on 11-4-2003 by joehayner]

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The software could replace all curse words with the words "snuggle bunny"....

You god-damned *snuggle bunny* liberals should get off your *snuggle bunny* and get your heads out of the *snuggle bunny* and realize that the *snuggle bunny* world doesn't owe you a god-damned *snuggle bunny* thing!

Wouldn't that be silly?

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Or it could replace everything with freedom.

I'd like some *freedom* freedom fries. What the *freedom*! Your out of *freedom* freedom fries! What the *freedom*! What a *freedom* load of *freedom*! I want my *freedom* freedom fries!

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
OK here is a quote from the B-27 switchblade discussion in the aircraft projects forum:

Originally posted by KKing123
though i agree with your basic statements a warning to you, watch the insults and the cussing here, the mods and admins ban people for such offenses

Two days ago you warned someone for not cussing, and now you are for cussing

Do those kind of words increase the quality of discussions?... NO!

Rules are rules and we have to live with that.
Personally I really don't give a sh!t if I come across words like that. But I can understand why other people prefer not to see/hear those kind of words.

[Edited on 11-4-2003 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
*freedom* you Zion. No! Wait! Don't hit me th...Ouch! What the *freedom*! Ouch!
(just kidding)

No, I can see where you come from. Some people find swearing offensive. And it also diminishes the overall conversation. It makes everything seem like a flame. That's why I post here, this is a sope-pis-doe-cated web site.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
yeah i said that, it's true, and i still think what he did was wrong, insulting people is wrong, and as I stated in my original statement I agree with people being banned for that, but what's wrong with using them to emphasize a statement?

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
To my opinion, nothing, but rules are rules.
Other people do have problems with those words.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Oh what the #! Just let the #ing asshole #ing swear if the little bitch #ing want's to! LOL

JK

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   
WTF ?

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
...yeah, the profanity censor thingie can get a little much at times...and I do agree that every now and then a little cuss word for emphasis is kinda appropriate...but that censor tool does the 'switcho-changeo' on ya words...

...still, another website I cruise around often has wierd ramdom 'inserted words' in its censor tool...words that have nothing to do with anything...so if you were to cuss someone out it'd read like:

"Why you piece of *shoe polish* how dare you *gardening implement*ing do that...I'll *Readers Digest* you up when I see you again, you *Baby Stroller*!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think that its a good idea to censor these words. I have seen other forums where a debate turns into just slinging cuss words at each other and that just ruins any discussion. I think there are still ways to emphasise what you are trying to say, after all they cant censor all of the $hit that we type, now can they?

It's kind of like the speed limit. If the speed limit is 55 then most people will go 65 and not be bothered. If they say no cursing, then you will have some here and there, but not to the point where it becomes a problem.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
this other board i visit mods edit posts sometimes as such

You stupid *fluffy bunny* I'd like to shove my fist up your rotten *disco* how can you be so *awesome* you are a little *cutie* do me a favor and go *dance* off

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Those are all hilarious!!!

I felt like I was reading Alice in Wonderland.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Yuck Fou..You Think Your So Smucking Fart..You And Your Whole Famn Damily Can Go Buck A Fuffalo For All I Shive A Git...LMAO...

There, now thats cussing.....

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
"You stupid *fluffy bunny* I'd like to shove my fist up your rotten *disco* how can you be so *awesome* you are a little *cutie* do me a favor and go *dance* off"

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a good one.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You owe me a keyboard and possibly a mouse cos my drink went flying......

new topics

top topics

join