It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Talks About His Opposition to S-1867

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is a great video with footage of Rand Paul asking John Mccain questions about Americans being declared enemy combatants then Mccain sidesteps and pretty much admits that anyone can be declared a threat. He also gets interviewed by Judge Napolitano . Most American members will probably enjoy this clip. It covers a lot of ground in 5 minutes.

Rand Paul talks about his opposition to S-1867 that authorizes Military Detention of civilians without Habeas Corpus or Due Process

edit on 30-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Have they ever even detained a person to Guantanamo Bay that was tied to terrorism? I'm not aware if they have, and if not, that's what makes this doubly distressing.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

There are Americans in Guantanamo Bay, but I'm unsure if they were detained on American or foreign soil. All the cases I have heard about were people captured in the Middle East mostly.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by satron

There are Americans in Guantanamo Bay, but I'm unsure if they were detained on American or foreign soil. All the cases I have heard about were people captured in the Middle East mostly.

But has anyone there actually been tied to anything?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I remember Omar Khadr being convicted, but is that it? In 2005, they had at least 500 detainees, but only one was actually convicted?
edit on 30-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
So basically this means you are guilty until proven innocent. Oh my, without a right to a trial, I suppose you are just presumed guilty!

Police State 2012 coming to a town near you! This is pretty ridiculous to be honest.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

I know of one specific case of a Canadian citizen who was caught in Afghanistan when he was 15 shortly after the US/NATO invasion. I believe he was the only one caught alive and an American solider was killed. The 15 year old kid got blamed for the death and was still in Guantanamo Bay until his trial. He eventually got a trial and most people say it wasn't a fair trial. I believe he is now in an American jail and gets to go to a Canadian jail in a few years. His name is Omar Kadhr.
edit on 30-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Harold and Kumar were sent to Guantanamo Bay, but they got out.

Sorry to derail the thread

top topics

join