It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold Wars and Bank Fees?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
*Appologies on the thread location, Admins feel free to move to the appropriate section*

I hit up an ATM this morning, to be hit right back with a fifty cent increase on our original dollar fifty fee used at competing banks to take out money. But uh, thats a pretty noticable jump.. And kind of dumbfound seeing as how in most cases, getting to our own banks to avoid this isn't possible.

Does anyone have sources to MSM's reasoning behind this?

It looks like more money is being printed out of thin air, and that our hard earned dollars are gonna be ridiculously taxed. Thanks to our buddies who invented the thing we call currency, the same ones who lend it to us and make us pay it back with interest. Yay... slavery +1 >.>

Factors of Obama's U.S - China cold war scenario? I notice a lot of the media is focused on the U.S, but being close alies, I'd like to be a bit more educated on what's to come of our actions as well. Since harper has your guys' back as already stated. And with China being a big trade parter, is this not a result of depleting U.S currency and the U.S being in so much debt to them? Check out how the Chinese Regime of Beijing felt. www.newsdaily.com...
It looks like a direct attack to influence policies with another country that has close relations with China. And now they are feeling "Caged In" With Obamas promise of a long term presence to shape the Asia Pacific region.. And it's just that, to either keep those exports coming to America, or a global scheme towards one world banks.... Or in friendlier words, a central bank.

Cheers from Canada.

edit on 30-11-2011 by Tarno because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2011 by Tarno because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tarno

I hit up an ATM this morning, to be hit right back with a fifty cent increase on our original dollar fifty fee used at competing banks to take out money.

my solution to this was I have 2 accounts with 2 'small' local banks. 1 near work, 1 near home. it's no big deal to throw money in the atm to avoid the fees.

It looks like more money is being printed out of thin air, and that our hard earned dollars are gonna be ridiculously taxed. Thanks to our buddies who invented the thing we call currency, the same ones who lend it to us and make us pay it back with interest. Yay... slavery +1 >.>

you kind of lost me on that one, currency in one form or another has been around since practically the beginning of time. there has always been a 'trade me' factor, it's only fair.

as for the banks that's how they make their billions. Being pretty poor all my life I had a little life insurance money I got after my husband passed. It didn't take me long to figure out THAT system. IF you have money (like in a CD) the banks will loan you money on your own money for cheap, like 1.7% in my case compared to 6.9% w/out it. Huge difference. It made me sick seeing the other side of the coin, the rich are obviously catered to all the way around, while us lower/middle class struggle from check to check, most people unknowingly paying interest out the wazoo.

Factors of Obama's U.S - China cold war scenario? .........
It looks like a direct attack to influence policies with another country that has close relations with China. And now they are feeling "Caged In" With Obamas promise of a long term presence to shape the Asia Pacific region.. And it's just that, to either keep those exports coming to America, or a global scheme towards one world banks.... Or in friendlier words, a central bank.

I disagree with that, china has us by the nuts, really. If they ever call in their debt with the US we are screwed.

cheers from the US

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarno

I hit up an ATM this morning, to be hit right back with a fifty cent increase on our original dollar fifty fee used at competing banks to take out money. But uh, thats a pretty noticable jump.. And kind of dumbfound seeing as how in most cases, getting to our own banks to avoid this isn't possible.

Our banking fees are all over the place. Depending whether the ATM is in a store, or a bar, or another bank, we get hit with anything from $1.50 to $4.00. The bar ATMs are the $4 charges.

And you're right about finding a branch of our own banks, mine is RBC, and it's an hour away, longer in the winter, so I rarely ever get there.

I sure don't think our banks need to charge us any more fees though, they're posting lots of profits.
I have no idea why they went up, I hope they didn't go up all over the place, I'm hoping it was just that particular ATM that you happened to go to.
Jack Layton was the one person that fought against this, and now he's gone

join