It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mediumship/Clairvoyance/Psychic - Your Questions & Experiences

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I have searched, read and hopefully this is the best place to post this thread - as my first I am unsure.

It has become abundantly clear after only joining yesterday, that there is a huge interest in the field of mediumship/psychic skills and experiences. I am a musician/author and media guy and have had experiences in this field for many years, in different areas. It was not a conscious choice, it just "happened" to me - and I chose to use these skills, anonymously, and without recompense over the years to assist others as and when required. I put my faith in whatever this obvious (to me) power is, to know better than I, when that is the case.

I will be clear, I did not come to do "readings" - but to hopefully provide some advice, or share my experiences with enquiring minds who may have an interest, longing or even a fear about such matters. I love science, particularly with an interest in quantum physics and how the growing understanding in this theoretical field, seems to ecompass an aspect of the spiritual within it. I believe the truth is whatever it is, regardless of what we do or do not believe, and I am here to share what I have so far discovered on my quest to find it!

I also believe, the mind, the spirit, science, all have a part to play - and I extend that to include the likes of mediumship etc - for whatever is real, WILL have a science behind it regardles of whether or not we have discovered it yet.

I am no expert, am not here to argue with skeptics, or to perform on ceremony. However those wonderful individuals whom I have already met - are the reason I am presenting here an opportunity to gain the perspective of a normal everyday guy, who keeps this aspect of himself out of the public domain.

So please, share your experiences, ask questions, or simply ponder along with us as to what exactly the mystical forces that are clearly at work actually are.

I will happily discuss the aspects of meditation/meta-physics, the psychic aspect, and even brainwave entrainment and their how I believe they can help you relate better to yourself - and explore skills you may not ever realise you have!!

I hope this will be an exciting, and enlightening journey for you all, and appreciate everyone who takes their time to engage

Peace
NWD

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Starred, flagged and a thank you for your time!
Looking forward to reading this thread

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bex33

It is a pleasure Bex!! I am glad to be of help

Thank you for choosing to spend some of your time on my thread, and you are my FIRST FLAG!! WHOOT WHOOT!!

Oh yes... chuffed now!!

NWD

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Thanks for joining, and welcome! I have been curious for some time about spirit guides, since I started meditating I have had a few encounters with what seems to be other sentient beings, sometimes in dreams, other times in meditation or in devotional practices. In general I avoid connecting, willing away their presence. What is your take on spirit guides or other beings, one such encounter was with a group of beings called Gins, I understand this to be a fairly low level of spirit and since then have been quite averted to the whole subject of spirit guides. Any input is much appreciated!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hello normally weird dude,

I was reading the other thread you posted on and was quite intrigued
by what you and some others wrote there.

I've had a few 'mildly pyschic' experiences throughout my life and some
just down right strange ones!

One experience I have been wondering about for a while
happened about 5 years ago. For some reason I feel like you
might be the person to ask, so here goes.

I was meditating and I like to listen sometimes to guided meditations or
hypnosis type tracks as I live in a city and it helps block ouy the noise.
What happened when I woke from my meditation (i was lying on my back)
was that I opened my eyes, as you do.. in a kind of sleepy way.

I became aware of a smoky grey cloud about 12 inches above my face. I blinked,
started to become more 'aware' and saw that it was still there and quite real. In a split second I was convinced
this must be some cat fur which for some reason was floating above me. I was convinced this thing
was solid and made a grab for it!

As i grabbed, the 'smoke' moved out of my grasp and toward the ceiling, in a definite evasive manner. All the time it was gradually getting fainter and when it got to the ceiling faded out completely. I was so surprised by this encounter I immediately went downstairs and recounted this story to my extremely sceptical, significant other.

He thought i was mad (as usual) and I was left perplexed. Can you shed any light on
what the little grey cloud may have been?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Wow my goodness what a fascinating question! You have reminded me of an experience I had myself, and oddly had forgotten about. I received a strange name, an indian chiefs name (not sure whether to name him, I think it would be a little disrespectful to, and I still have a hard time believing it myself!) and was told he was guiding me at this time. Now I am pretty open minded about spirit guides, I simply do not know if we have them or not. Given our ability as humans, to influence our surroundings I believe it possible that we can create whatever makes us feel comfortable to do the job as best we can. So with this in mind, thinking I had gone a little crazy here - I followed the guidance and was absolutely awestruck when I discovered that when I typed in precisely (and I mean precisely) what I was instructed, there was only 1 link to this person! Indeed, an Indian Chief whose name and information I had just varified for myself! ( I also would like to thank you for bringing this back to my memory, I'd actually locked alot of this away until very recently).

I can still see his picture in my mind, so perhaps this chap does guide me for some reason - who knows? Our family do seem to have frequent links to American Indians through one form or another over the years (considering we are UK based, with USA relatives). It was told to me then, he was guiding me (this was during a really intense period of activity over the course of approximately a year) - how could I argue with that? I had never heard of him, this information came like a bolt out of the blue.

I have not experienced what you have however, in terms of encounters with other forms of beings! I think if I were encountering some lower spirit forms in those situations it would put me off greatly!! I am very careful as to who and what I allow in - I set a stringent set of instructions, and set my intentions to let only spirit of high and loving intention communicate with me. I have read and spoken with others about their experiences with more malevolent energies upon the Astral Realms (reached of course, through OBE in dreamstates/meditations etc).

I will however say this - if we are assigned a spirit guide, which is nice to consider - then I would most certainly believe these are higher level spirits bestowed upon us to protect us, and to help us serve. Also, ensure that you perform adequate safety techniques before embarking upon anything of a spiritual nature - there are many out there, from grouding excercises, visualising yourself in white light - or having white/golden light enter your crown from above etc... Find one that feels right to you.

Also, I say this alot I admit, trust your instincts, and if at this time it genuinely doesnt feel like the right thing to do - steer clear for a while, and enjoy more human pursuits! In real terms, we know so very little about the spirit world/guides and all the rest of it - so much is just relaying and sharing of personal experience!

Finally, I think if you enter this arena, you recognise you do so as a pioneer and explorer, for which there are as yet, no concrete answers to these types of questions (unfortunately) - and I all I can do, is offer you my own personal experiences.

Wonderful question, I hope this helps a little
- Feel free to ask more if I haven't quite covered what you mean, I will do my best!

Peace
NWD

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Belated Welcome to ATS..I have a photo of a Ghost girl..I have wanted to share this again for sometime now, but for sure I will get flamed for it lol. Originally posted here:www.abovetopsecret.com...

This photo was taken at a Birthday party my little granddaughter attended. Her mom took this photo and when she downloaded the photos onto her computer noticed an expected guest. the face of this child is so haunting and as you see she almost looks like a card board cut out. My daughter passed the photo around via email to all the parents who attended the party and asked who's child this was. No one knew her. No one actually seen her..she just appears in the photo like shes enjoying looking in at whats going on. This is an actual photo..it is not photo shopped nobody who attended the party knew the child and no one seen her. Very pretty little girl, hope shes not wandering the earth plane alone.

If you look at the first photo the close up of the child's face you see through the chair her clothing, shes wearing a dark blue dress with light blue flowers on it. the only adult in the photo is my daughters friend who is in the purple shirt. I thought it might be a poster on the wall, which was my first thought and I asked my daughter if this could be the case. She told me no..Mom I asked everyone there, if this was their child. And their is no paintings or posters like that in her house. So I dunno..no one has ever figured it out??

The above verbiage is from an earlier post of mine in another thread, but I wonder what you make of it? any thoughts or ideas? These photos was taken on October 17, 2009 using a Sony DSC-H10. No one photo shopped them these are how they came off the camera..my daughter emailed them to me. Just curious on your take Cheers Coco SnF

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Only skimmed what was written. Heavy energy I'm having here. But the parts about the Native American spirit guide caught me and I just want to contribute before this thread gets too long.

I also have a NA guide. I have seen him a couple of times, once with what appeared to be his two sons, while I was in a trance meditation. Funny thing was, my daughter could see them too. No doubt they were there for a reason.

The first time I saw him, he gave me a mullein leaf with a dried daisy on top and told me, in his own tongue (which I mysteriously understood perfectly), to go on and do what I know I'm supposed to do and stop wasting time. Ha! Next time I saw him during the meditation mentioned above.

The third time I was made acutely aware of his presence was when I was falling to sleep one night. I distinctly heard him say, loud and clear, "Shoshone". Well, now that was interesting. I'm born and raised in the southwestern US but that's Apache country. Shoshones are farther north and in an area I've never been. Not to mention that I now live in Northern Europe and have precious little contact with anything Native American.

I have two foxes who have kindly introduced themselves by name. They spent quite a lot of time with me at one point. They still visit now and again.

But as for other events, I have spirits visit me constantly and the other night I had a visitor from rather absurdly far away. Apparently his own world is in trouble and, apparently, I can be seen from there. He needed help but I could not help him, sadly.

Presently there is much going on energetically, as I mentioned above. It is simply not possible to list all that has ever happened in my life that is relevant to this subject. The Native American thing was just too much for me to resist. I haven't been able to work out why they work as guides for so many of us. Is there a link?

I will say that when my son was born, there was a half meter-thick fog of tiny blue and green flashing lights on the ceiling of whatever room he was in. I drew a picture of my eldest daughter when she was at four months gestation based on a vision I had of her while I was napping one afternoon. She looks just like that drawing. My grandmother died some years ago. Two hours after the fact, I was hit in the guts so hard that it knocked my breath out for some time. No one in the family let me know (don't ask, long story) but the letter from another relative dropped through the mail slot on my grandmother's birthday the following year.

Just a few things. I'm also an intuitive healer. Not by choice or some conscious decision. It's what I am.

There's just so much more. At this point, these things are much more reality than what I was always told was real.

I would like some help learning to hear when spirits come to me. I have something like tinnitus and I just can't seem to hear most things that way. Only now and then.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NormallyWeirdDude

Thanks for sharing and for your thoughtful post. You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned OBEs, that is the only time I have encountered what seems to be dark or negative spirits (outside of my youth that is). There is less control in those states I find myself almost forgetting I am free to will away or take control of a situation durring an OBE. I have practiced some visualizations to protect myself, usually when I go to sleep with a higher than usual inclination to falling out of my body. I do hope this story that we are assigned a spirit guide is true, its like having a guy on the inside really. I will try to be more receptive, and see where it takes me, will be sure to share with ATS.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Hi, Glad to see you have started a thread which gives some of us the opportunity to write, and read about our experiences.

Already there are some fascinating posts.

I had a brief communication with a native American chief. That was interesting. I'm still not sure whether it was Crazy Horse, or Chief Henry Standing Bear. Long story for now, it's late here in UK.

I also experience being instructed to type in google things.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

Hi, that is a haunting looking picture. I don't know anything about the tech side of cameras. Is there any way it is one photo superimposed on top of another?
edit on 30-11-2011 by maya27 because: Y

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by maya27

I guess anything is possible..but that still doesn't answer the question as to who the child is..I think if it was super imposed in some fashion it would mean that this photo (of the unknown child) was present on her camera in another frame? But she didn't and still to this day doesn't know who the child is..but I get what your saying..to much time has elapsed now and the camera roll is on her computer and not on her camera anymore. I wish I would have had the presence of mind to ask her that back when I first shared these..Cheers Coco
edit on 30-11-2011 by itscocobaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Congrats on your posting status that you can U2U and start your own threads. I respect the way you handled yourself on the previous thread. So kudos to you!

I wanted to post last night, but was so caught up in the volume and interesting posts that I really didn't have the words together, so I just opted for just reading.

I have had some interesting experiences throughout my life. Some of which I discuss with friends or family, just in case I need to back up what it was I got. I would like to u2u with you if you are interested in hearing about them. I know you are inundated with requests and so forth at this time, but after things calm down a bit, and regain some normalcy message me when you are ready. Cause I am curious, but my senses are too dulled to discern what I am getting.

This is all so very interesting. And these experiences make up who we are. It seems everyone has a story and I will share mine later on. Just wanted you to know when reading your posts, I feel warm light, peace and caring. Guess that is what kept us reading.

peace and abundance to you.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Well I hope you will permit a little humour as if I had explained this to anyone else, I'd have been immediately accused of "gas"!

On a serious note? You are obviously quite open minded, and as I was reading I was first considering the hypnogogic state - that between the dreamworld and waking state, where the two can become a little blurred! However, you then got up and interacted with it!!

For it to physically "evade" capture is also most bizarre, removing the likelyhood of potential environmental phenomena (although, that could never be fully ruled out of course). Also, many witnesses have described seeing clouds of smoke/gas/fog etc when experiencing a paranormal event - quite eerie I find, and even when I have done medium readings I have made it perfectly clear to my 'visitors' - if you dare show yourself, this reading is FINITO! I can be quite the scaredy cat by all accounts

Not having seen it, and taking your experience at your word (which we all must do to a large degree on here), and which I have NO reason to doubt - it is quite possibly the beginnings of a form of paranormal or spirit manifestation. This is the first time however, that I have read of someone trying to catch it!! But as I say, I have read quite a few reports as to this being the beginnings of an actual physical manifestation. I guess it could also be a strange energy form we know nothing at all about yet - so little is actually known for certain. And mentioned earlier, an evironmental phenomena is not totally out of the question - if not a quite unlikely.

Also remember, no skeptic can ever take away your own experience. You know what you saw and interacted with, how it behaved, and the impression it left you with - it is personal to you, and no-one can take that away - I am sure many of us upon this thread, and with an interest or experience in this particular field, have met with ridicule or resistance upon discussion many many times.

So the question is, how did it feel to you? I hope I have been of some assistance

Thank you for sharing your story with me - these experiences are fascinating to read about!

Peace
NWD

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I am sure it probably is a spirit. I think your daughter would have figured it out by now, had it been a friends child, or even her child's friend.

I have a photo with something strange on it too. It looks like a demonic owl. I don't like looking at that photo. LOL.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

If you love the overlap of quantum physics and metaphysics (as I do), you should read Lynne McTaggart's book "The Field," one of my favorites. What's fringe science today might be the mainstream of tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
You know, I've never personally had any readings done or anything like that.

However, I have always believed in psychics and mediums, etc.
And the previous thread as well as this one, after reading the whole thing, has certainly made me more interested in seeking one out.

I find this subject very interesting indeed.
Looking forward to see where this thread takes off to

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

There will be no flaming on this thread lol!!

Hi, that is a haunting looking picture. I don't know anything about the tech side of cameras. Is there any way it is one photo superimposed on top of another?
- MAYA27

This is what I wondered, but that looks to me like a digital image, can that even happen?? I would love to see this photo investigated properly (note, investigated, not debunked lol), as if proven to not be an odd photographic anomoly (which can obviously happen dealing with tech), then you have one of the most incredible pictures I have seen! In this case it can be good to have a little skepticism and try to rule out possible normal oddities of tech etc, because I say, you could be left with one of the most impressive pieces of evidence I have ever seen.

It really did send shivers down my spine - not least of all because I was asking a friend whose family of 'visitors' has kept me busy the last couple of weeks (!) if she knew about a young girl, with blonde hair, who looks about 6 or 7 years old, but by the name of Alexandria (also must say though, my mental picture was wearing a white dress) - really rather freaked me out when you popped that picture up! I only had that conversation a couple of hours ago, will have to show her this thread.

Also - there will be no flaming in here
- this is positive, supportive thread where I trust everyone to be honest about their experiences.

Thank you for sharing!

NWD

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Lynn Mctaggart is a wonderful soul, when I saw her in "what the bleep do we know-Down the rabbit hole" looking into her eyes there was a deep sense of kindness, thanks for reminding me of her I will be sure to check out her book!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by itscocobaby
Belated Welcome to ATS..I have a photo of a Ghost girl..I have wanted to share this again for sometime now, but for sure I will get flamed for it lol. Originally posted here:www.abovetopsecret.com...

This photo was taken at a Birthday party my little granddaughter attended. Her mom took this photo and when she downloaded the photos onto her computer noticed an expected guest. the face of this child is so haunting and as you see she almost looks like a card board cut out. My daughter passed the photo around via email to all the parents who attended the party and asked who's child this was. No one knew her. No one actually seen her..she just appears in the photo like shes enjoying looking in at whats going on. This is an actual photo..it is not photo shopped nobody who attended the party knew the child and no one seen her. Very pretty little girl, hope shes not wandering the earth plane alone.

If you look at the first photo the close up of the child's face you see through the chair her clothing, shes wearing a dark blue dress with light blue flowers on it. the only adult in the photo is my daughters friend who is in the purple shirt. I thought it might be a poster on the wall, which was my first thought and I asked my daughter if this could be the case. She told me no..Mom I asked everyone there, if this was their child. And their is no paintings or posters like that in her house. So I dunno..no one has ever figured it out??

The above verbiage is from an earlier post of mine in another thread, but I wonder what you make of it? any thoughts or ideas? These photos was taken on October 17, 2009 using a Sony DSC-H10. No one photo shopped them these are how they came off the camera..my daughter emailed them to me. Just curious on your take Cheers Coco SnF

WoW!!!! Thats interesting....I belong to a group on Facebook...www.facebook.com...

(Im not psychic), Anyway, people post pic's there and psychic's read them, from what I can tell, they are pretty accurate most of the time. They are a great group of folks and will accept you in the group.

You should post this pic. there & see what they have to say too....(Just an idea).

Oh, OP this is a great thread...Ive enjoyed it very much.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join