It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am now convinced most UFOs are man made.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Glad we got that out of the way. I would agree that alien life probably exists. If alien's exist, they are certainly not visiting Earth.

I'd venture a guess that most UFO sightings are explainable by something even less interesting than a top secret terrestrial craft.

Also, I think everyone in this thread missed your point. You're saying that if something with primitive technology (such as a propellor) can fly so erratically, couldn't that explain UFOS (as in, we could have top secret craft that exhibit those flight characteristics). I have my doubts, though. The more erratic the flight, the less useful the aircraft would be, I would think.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
But I already told you. If you tossed that EM system out a plane, the whole rig would fall down.

You cannot have anti gravity unless you make the whole planet an electro magnet of enormous proportions...which would fry every electrical system we have. And you wouldn't be able to leave the planet.

Well the earth already is a dipole magnet, but anti gravity is a false concept anyway... the two would cancel each other out and you would get nowhere. And once your up in space the gravity would be gone and you would have little to repel against

How many aliens have told you that, eh?

only one

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It's perhaps even more complex. We really don't know the pattern that the magma rotates deep down there with the liquid iron. And we must also remember that a magnet becomes less powerful with heat. And ours is undoubtedly hot. Thus we get an EM field so weak it doesn't even really affect much. You see a metal pin in water rotate at fractions of a mile per second. So weak it an't even compare to gravity.

It's not something we can really work with as it is now beyond a superconductor-esque entanglement.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

Not necessarily. High quality cameras can take descent high velocity imagery. And it's certainly more difficult to shoot down. You could release a volley of them with high temperatures and a heat seeking missile would be useless. It's not only applicable to manned craft, but in fact, anything in the air, from flares to UAVs.

Yes though, it's clear most people missed the point.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
If your idea of man-made is lifting in the air and flying somewhat like in the skies,. then yes we can do that. How will you explain traveling with mach 3-4 speed? How would you explain technology that does all sorts of motion and splitting into more than 1 object, that's man made too? Then keeping the same formation towards each other, being a triangle and still not being a single object..

The facts that show this is not made by the technology we already know of is blinding in its obviousness, it is some more advanced technology if not highly advanced and shows there is some much more than what you see in airplanes

I am not going to argue if it is electromagnetism or not, could be another way, could be some chemical element that can give times more power, I dont know, Element 115 or similar? Maybe Bob Lazar in his being a liar, had a little truth - like that theyare using some element not met on Earth to travel that way? Ignore the rest Element 115 unstable, releases Energy theory? And count 1 thing true?

I dont think John Lear is a liar, and I think he knows somwthing out of it that holds some truth, here is a detailed info about it all:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-12-2011 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

John Lear is a straight up liar. Let me ask you something, have you ever noticed that all of these fantastical sighting reports have seemed to slow down with the advent of better video camera technology? Can you tell me why that is, specifically (hint: similar to the reason why "miracles" have stopped happening).

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

i agree... that contraption, or something similar... could very well be adapted to make clandestine UFOs...
if a hoaxter wanted to

a practical, real time 'toy' could be outfitted with a AA battery & LED light source...and it would be visible as a 'large' object in a dark sky...And engaged in jagged flight which would add to the mystery of the sighting

i guess with swamp gas, Venus, and ball lightning/ plasma along with hallucinations...
then 99% of all UFOs have a real world explainations....

now we just have to clean up the 'apparition model' and the inter-dimensional crafts...and all will be well in smallville

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Well now, I wouldn't argue miracles don't happen and ufos don't happen. Just that most of which are not true or hearsay.

If you want to bring it into the realm of the spiritual, why would an invisible God want his miracles observed? It defeats the reason to be invisible.

Applied to aliens, why would an alien appear as a craft. If he's that advanced, he's not going to be seen at all.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

If you want to bring it into the realm of the spiritual, why would an invisible God want his miracles observed? It defeats the reason to be invisible.

Why would an invisible god who is omniscient/omnipotent need you to pray in order for him to know what you want?

Applied to aliens, why would an alien appear as a craft. If he's that advanced, he's not going to be seen at all.

Maybe the aliens don't "see" in the visual spectrum, like we do. They could be cloaking for a part of the electromagnetic spectrum that we don't actually see, making them still visible to us.

...But you're assuming that the aliens are advanced and for some reason wouldn't want to be seen

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

It's to commune. Not necessarily what you want. If you are willing to accept the consequences and have faith, you will get it. But my understanding is that you can never receive from your own will something better than the path God has for you.

I am young, and still learning. I have had miracles in my life. But miracles cannot be metered nor scientifically observed. I'm not looking for a scientific proof for God, because I don't think there is one.

Maybe the aliens don't "see" in the visual spectrum, like we do. They could be cloaking for a part of the electromagnetic spectrum that we don't actually see, making them still visible to us. ...But you're assuming that the aliens are advanced and for some reason wouldn't want to be seen

I don't assume they want to be here. Too many assume they would even look like us. There is no reason to think they would be understandable to our minds. Logic is logical to our minds because it's preset. Objective blank tablet to the human condition. What's to say that's a universal constant? Being the avid video gamer, I like the example of the reapers in the Mass Effect series. There is no reason to assume anything. But if they are not visible, then there should be a reason for that.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

John Lear is a straight up liar. - Really? Says who ? because he knows Lazar who ls also a liar, no one is telling the truthm right on, I call such claims bull#. Do some research, it is what i was saying in another thread - just because there are discrepancies doesnt mean the guys dont have some truth in the stories. And Lear knows a lot of things that you cannot imagine are true. 'A liar... say the nobody

*Facepalm*

What are you trying to say? Yes I also think 99% are explainable flying kites, lanterns, fireworks... flares.. but with new cameras UFOs decrease really? They do not, but if you're trying to say there are no real aircraft.. well just in 2008-2010 there has been real cases.

Or are you arguing that UFOs are never aircraft and always some lights/flares/swamp gas in the sky? Then you're pretty much behind in the material, because no one (unless being clueless that is) argues UFOs in terms of aicraft, only - their origin, that is when it is not flares,kites,lanterns.

UFOs in the last years have been not less, just more of them were CGI with latest software

if you even doubt that there are real flying unidentified or secret objects of type aircraft (even belonging to humans), then you are clueless and I shouldn't be even posting to you

Glad we got that out of the way. I would agree that alien life probably exists. If alien's exist, they are certainly not visiting Earth.

AHA. I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE
So you are here to BlTCH on ATS how much you dont believe in ETs visit without reading the long endless documents (WAIT not even in terrerstrial aircraft) to at least make you t-h-i-n-k, Bye then! (this is not belief, only evaluation of testimonies and data, if it doesnt grab you to think then Begone!)
edit on 1-12-2011 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

When it comes down to it, all you guys have is eyewitness testimony. Unlike you, I am not making the assumption that an unexplainable case is going to be aliens. Heck, amateur satellite trackers can mathematically figure out the orbit of spy satellites by observation, don't you think at least one of them would have seen or tracked an alien spacecraft at some point? Only if they were extant.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
damn whats cool, can you buy them or is that something he made custom?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk
John Lear is a straight up liar.

Always nice to see how people hiding behind an anonymous avatar can think they can get away with outright slander

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

John Lear is a straight up liar.

Always nice to see how people hiding behind an anonymous avatar can think they can get away with outright slander

It's not slander if it's true. Can any of his claims be supported by evidence?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

It's not slander if it's true. Can any of his claims be supported by evidence?

yes they can

...like the fact that his dad worked with TT Brown on antigravity in 1952 for the DoD for one... I have documents for that as well as contact with TT Brown's research assistant

...his pilot career is without question and have posted log books and certificates many times

...and the fact that he flew for the CIA is also documented by a letter from congress recently allowing him to discuss it openly and thanking him for his service...

But people like you generally prefer to just throw out insults and don't ever do any real research

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You've convinced me. If he has actually said some truth about his personal life, all of the alien stuff just must be true. The soul-catcher on the moon story is my favorite.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I fly one of those. Yup, they are bound to generate reports. Although these have only existed in the last few years. Battery tech would not make this possible until lithium ion became commonplace.

Also the IMU (accelerometers and gyros) used to be prohibitively expensive and big until the last few years.

-rrr

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The cassimir force is evidence of the fact that virtual particles can become manifest given the right circumstances.

There are theories that would hold virtual particles (or as they are collectively referred to: Zero Point Field) responsible for inertia, gravity and black hole radiation (Hawking radiation). If any of those theories becomes confirmed, then that would be *further* confirmation.

Can't comment on the other "facts".

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo
damn whats cool, can you buy them or is that something he made custom?

Brookstone sells the A.R. drone, which is ready made and controllable by any iOS device. It is very easy to fly and stable, but does not perform nearly as well as the one on the video (not as fast). there is the Mikrokopter (spelling?) which is a circuit board, software and available in kits (or can be made custom) which performs really well, and aside from that various controller boards made / sold in china that can be put together in any of these kits to make a very high performance quad.

There is also the ArduPilot from diydrones.com, which is made here in the USA, performance is very decent. I have an ardupilot on a custom laser cut frame.

The kits are capable of waypoint flight by GPS.

These demonstrate that the "wobbly" flight portrayed and described as typical of UFO's is typical of actual machines employing some form of feedback stability control, which would make early UFO reports plausible. But that doesn't by itself say whether those UFO's are man made or made by some other intelligence that could conceivably come up with feedback flight control.

That said, I agree with the op that most UFO's that aren't mis-identification or hysteria are man made. The key word here is *most*. And then there are reports that simply can't be dismissed so easily and are undeniably true *unknowns*, like those UFO's that have been chased by fighter pilots or reported over nuclear facilities. I have my personal opinion about what they are.

-rrr

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join