It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for Atheists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Ok, I am not saying that god exists at all; everything is possible but it’s so unlikely that it may as well be impossible.
Anyway, on the smallest smallest smallest smallest smallest chance that somehow the bible and 100000th religion for the human race actually was right.
Would you join the devil just to smite christians? Would you really want to spend eternity in heaven with all those christians? Personally that is the worse torture for me.

I think god would prefer atheists anyway because they have proved not to be gullible and less likely to be tricked by the devil; but that’s another story.

edit on 30-11-2011 by WakeUpRiseUp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

But, would the devil accept you if you believed in him?
After all, he was banished to his own realm that he controls. Just makes you think huh?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythfury

Just makes you think huh?
Not really, because how is that relevant?

Also, what does him being banished have to do with wether he would accept you?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
No . Because the Bible clearly states that if you do not believe in Jesus Christ as you savior , you will be sent to hell .

But since religion doesn't exist , no reason to believe in all of this .

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrNaM3nT
No . Because the Bible clearly states that if you do not believe in Jesus Christ as you savior , you will be sent to hell .

But since religion doesn't exist , no reason to believe in all of this .
Yeah but, would you really want to be in heaven with all those christians?

I know it isnt real but I thought it was a fun question

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Do you know how to infer? Sorry, i thought educated people would be here.
OK. SO if he was banished to his own realm in which he controls, like god controls his own realm, wouldnt it makes sense that if you followed lucifer he wouldnt make you burn? How is it relevant? Sorry, he was just asking about athiests and christianity, and asking athiests who they would follow. Seemed pretty relevant to me to look at both sides.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I’m assuming you are a theist, and you’re talking about people being educated; right....
According to the bible he would make all burn, but I would prefer that to what most theists’ idea of heaven is.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
acording to christianity,and judeaism,you have joined the devil for he is 'lord of this world'.
its up to you to accept jesus the christ int o your heart and believe he died for your sins.
don't you people read the bible,or at least research any religious writings before you start rambleing off stuff about god and stuff? you are the same people who lie to your children when grama dies,you tell them she went to heavan. WRONG! the bible does not teach this,it states you will wait in a place(limbo to the catholics)untill christ returns and the rapture will begin.only then will the judgment begin.read about stuff before you start spouting off about retarded christian myths you've been brainwashed with since youth
merry christmas and all that crap!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Nope, im pretty middle ground. And i should have said more educated, cause i implied you arent educated, which i wasnt trying to do.

If the devil, who has dominion of man, is banished to a place in which he controls. Him being the one who stood up to God, because he wouldnt bow to us, because of our illogical and rash thinking thats usually followed by violence. Seems to me that if god does send you to hell for being a free thinker, and being better than the "Christians", but you just dont believe in God, that the devil might accept you. Just sayin. Organized religion is bad anyways.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
acording to christianity,and judeaism,you have joined the devil for he is 'lord of this world'.
its up to you to accept jesus the christ int o your heart and believe he died for your sins.
don't you people read the bible,or at least research any religious writings before you start rambleing off stuff about god and stuff? you are the same people who lie to your children when grama dies,you tell them she went to heavan. WRONG! the bible does not teach this,it states you will wait in a place(limbo to the catholics)untill christ returns and the rapture will begin.only then will the judgment begin.read about stuff before you start spouting off about retarded christian myths you've been brainwashed with since youth
merry christmas and all that crap!
How are your first two lines relevant?
I have read the bible but clearly for you that’s an issue because you begin quoting fiction as fact in a logical argument.
HAHA right and its not lying to say that they are going to a place until christ returns?
Yes I was brainwashed from birth, by christians; but I broke free and thought for myself.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Can't there be a third option?
Really not interested in heaven, or hell, or any kind of 'limbo' where I will wait for a zombie to come down and judge me.

I'd much prefer to be reincarnated as the king of the lions, or maybe a sparrow, or even just disintegrate into dust particles spiraling through the cosmos. Or just take a nice long dirt nap.

**Don't mean to offend anyone. Just my personal opinion.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Fair enough,

Maybe he would accept you who knows. But I'm saying I would take the risk regardless.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladykenzie
Can't there be a third option?
Really not interested in heaven, or hell, or any kind of 'limbo' where I will wait for a zombie to come down and judge me.

I'd much prefer to be reincarnated as the king of the lions, or maybe a sparrow, or even just disintegrate into dust particles spiraling through the cosmos. Or just take a nice long dirt nap.

**Don't mean to offend anyone. Just my personal opinion.
Well not in this hypothetical. I'm not intrested in them either but out of them I would pick hell, even tho neither are real.
Reincarnation sounds nice, I like the dust in the cosmos idea; imagine coming back as a star or comet or planet.

I doubt that would offend people.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I would too. Im a loner when it comes to religion. I dont want to be a part of a group thats worse than I am.
Christians DO believe the bible and everything in it is real, yet they still do bad things with it. They have lied and manipulated it.

I found this quote one time. "Religion is the great weapon of the Devil, who twists it to divide and conquer humanity. We must not allow the differences concerning religion turn us away from spirituality. We have been given the innate sense of right and wrong and are born knowing what we should and shouldn't do. We are measured by our hearts and actions, not whether or not we believe any Bible word for word." Nuff said?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
again i'm reading the same old lies taught by the church to make you feel bad.
heres a little lesson on theology and etymology
LUCIFER is a latin word meaning 'light bearer',and usually refers to the morning star of venus. this is the phrase in isaiah that refers to this that the priest makes you believe it is a dark angel. "how art thou fallen from heaven oh lucifer,son of the morning" lucifer was translated to latin from the greek phosphoros. VENUS! all clear?!
now on to the title of the satan(shaitan)
this is also a latin word taken from the greek satanas,meaning advisary,or blocking ones path
diabolos is also greek that can be used as well which means slanderer.this is where we get the word devil from.
modern latin stilluses this word for the devil.
in early hebrew history,a satan was sent down from heaven to obstruct humans.
satan is not a name,like christ is not a name.that comes from greek as well christos,meaning annointed one.
no wonder so many people hate religion,they have been lied to and manipulated all their lives.
open your minds,the truth is out there,you just have to look
if the real jewish jesus was alive today he would think it blasphomey that people would think a man was god
sholom

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Good points. Satan in Sanskrit means truth. and isnt Sanskrit the 3rd oldest language in the world? Hmm..

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

since eve ate 'the apple' the 'devil' has been lord of this world.
book of LOT - 'satan what are you up to?' "walking up and down to and fro all over the earth"
glad to see you broke away from the cult of lies.
i study religions of the world,mostly partial to celtic and native beliefs.
i was lucky to be raised in a house with no religion,so it left me with a clean slate,and no leanings to any one 'faith'

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

yes indeed your correct,one of the mother tounges of europe. also,they have the oldest written religious texts in the world!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
first of all,i am not a christian! i study christianity,among many other beliefs.
when i speak of christianity,it is church doctrine,not my personal veiws.
this is what the church teaches,but i guess most were asleep in the pews on sunday!
MY opinion the romans used their own pagan rituals and fused them with jesus/jewish beliefs to create a new state religion to control the masses. (constantine-council of nicea).it seemed to work,because 'christmas' was put dead smack in the middle of saturnalia,a 12 day roman festival on the shortest day of the year to remind father time(saturn,or the greek cronos)to bring back the sun to warm them up and grow their crops.
you can look up all the holy days of the celts & norse,and you will find a christian holiday they pasted over it to control you.most of the days of the week were named after norse gods &goddesses - friday-freya's day,wedensday-wodens day etc...
when it comes to religion,i try to say what i've learned first,then i spew my humble opiniom!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hypothetically? The Christians version of heaven would be my hell or at least the version of heaven I was told about growing up. Angels singing the hymns I had to listen to all the time as a kid, pure and utter torture. I''d rather listen to the screams of tortured souls. Golden streets, pearly gates? Yuck! Yes, I am a girl, but I don't like shiny stuff and I hate the color of gold. Fire is much prettier to look at. Harps? Their sound can really grate on my nerves after a while. Besides, I would get kicked out the first day anyway for trying to corrupt the angels and and using my former Sunday school teachers for target practice. That would be after I got the lion to eat the stupid little lamb you always see painting of where they are lying next to each other.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join