It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quebec teenager commits suicide after alleged long-term bullying

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Sad.

In the "Journal de Montreal", our local newspaper, they mentioned that her letter was three pages long. Not just a short note. She had a lot to say before she did this act of no return. I don't know if she tried saying these things beforehand or not. If she did try and people didn't listen or not. But the result is that she felt that her death meant a better world - in her own words.

This is incredibly tragic and should never, ever, happen. A beautiful life has been cut short for the wrong reasons.

My thoughts go to her family and friends.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

My guess is the family and friends may not notice the young one missing, I believe they barely knew she was there to start.
But, they will sob for the camera and "BULLYING" will become an epidemic.
All of this could have been avoided with family or friends, but it seems this girl had neither.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Well as I said, I don't know. Maybe they were there, maybe they weren't. Only them, know. So I won't speculate.

In any suicide case, there are always way much more questions than answers.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

My guess is the family and friends may not notice the young one missing, I believe they barely knew she was there to start. But, they will sob for the camera and "BULLYING" will become an epidemic. All of this could have been avoided with family or friends, but it seems this girl had neither.

So now..you not only judge her for not having friends ..but have moved unto the family as well?

Not everyone wants to be friends with the kid who everyone bullies..

Thank you for showing us your "compassionate " nature..and my guess is you're really not that cool of a parent...and the fact that you bring that up more than once in your posts..and go unto say that it was an issue with parenting.. pretty much says what kind of self righteous attitude you have.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I think the poster referenced in your post is simply saying that with a stronger bond with family and friends this may not have happened. I would tend to agree. Perhaps the girl never reached out due to shame or something along those lines but with more supportive people in her life one would think she would have felt more comfortable doing so.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I agree with your statement that not everyone wants to be friends with someone who is bullied. I was bullied growing up and it was AWFUL. I still feel the mark it's left on my self esteem. Anyways, I had one "good" friend however, she would NEVER talk to me at school, or even be seen with me, even though she spent almost every weekend together. It was embarrassing for her or could ruin her "popularity" if she was seen with me. It's very hard to make friends if you're bullied. Even the kids who were nerdy and considered "unpopular" would not talk to me. It's really sad story too often this happens and too often people are unsympathetic about it.

In relation to the topic at hand I believe suicide is a tragedy, and what's more tragic to me is the people who say they don't feel bad, there was another way out and all that. To someone who is bullied they feel like there is no way out, or they are out of options. They can't control the people who are bullying them and make them stop, so I think they try and take back some control, but pay for it with their life. Rather than be the social pariah, they just want to feel peace and not the pain, so they opt for death as a way out where they will not be judged by their classmates, friends (if any), family, etc.. They also don't talk about it with family members because of the stigma that comes with it, or they are labeled as "looking for attention" and they are embarrassed. I know I never told my parents until I was older about what I went through because I was so ashamed Kids are cruel these days, it is a shame that a young girl lost her life because she felt there was no other way, or that she had no one she felt could rely on or even talk to about it. May she rest in peace.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

No, I do not judge her.
She was a confused little girl, but I also do not see death the way you do.
The only one who gets use out of mourning are those left behind, the same folks wh saw no signs or just didn't care enough.
I do blame the parents as it is their duty to protect their offspring until such a time that they may fend for themselves.
I am not sorry that I will show no compassion for those who show none themselves.
And as we know, she needs none as she is in a much better place than you or I.
BTW, the polls do show my wife was more cool than I by about a 2 to 1 margin but everyone pales in comparison to my wife and her personality.
Now the fact she keeps me around speaks volumes about me.
Am I a bit arrogant and self righteous?
Well yeah, how could I not be with all that I do have!
If I could go back and do it all agian, I wouldn't change a thing, that it'self is worth alot.

reply to post by Katatonik

It is truly a terrible thing that you had no real friends as the only ones who would associate with you would do so undercover.
I really do mean that as I had a best buddy and we still are solid as granite, we carried each other more than once and that it'self is worth alot too.
However the mere fact that you are here to post a response hints that you survived and did not take the easy road.
Once again, some see me as unsympathetic but like I said, I see death differently than most and the only ones that may want sympathy deserve none.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Dead on!
When you cannot walk I will carry you.
The only tragedy is some may never know how this feels.
And the idea that there are so many lonely or destitute people in any geographic area kills me.
Support works miracles, I know if everything in my world went to hell, I'd have something.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

I too was bullied for years. Even had my face broken once. But then I got bigger and hunted down my bullies and put several in the hospital. Tried to shoot a couple of them. Lucky for them I missed. I wasn't trying to miss. I wanted them dead. It never occurred to me to kill me. I hadn't done anything wrong. I am 43 today and there are a few still on my list I haven't encountered yet. When I do they get what's coming to them. No matter how long I have to wait I will get my justice from them. I will never forget.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

No, I do not judge her.

yes..you do judge her..as well as her parents..

Some people can carry depression , and others do not see the signs..

By saying she took the easy way out..without really understanding what she was going through , is judgement.

You are entitled to your judgements ..as we are entitled to ours.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I think what happen with this child was a "perfect storm" of many factors combining to produce truly destructive results. This girl was probably born more sensitive than most, if I am guessing she may have had emotional difficulties similar to Phoebe Prince and the fact she was detached from her peer group created further emotional feelings of isolation. I am again purely speculating, but I think her family was either unaware of her emotional struggles or they were so overwhelmed by them they did not know what to do.....there also is the question of the level of dysfunction within the family and what role, if any that played in her struggles...either way, she did not get the proper emotional support from her family and she made have not been socialized when she was younger so when she got to school she was a target due not just to her sensitivity, but also her underdeveloped social skills....all this combined to create a terrible terrible tradegy....

I am not saying all these factors were present....there may be other factors, I have no clue really, but it seems to be a theme with these children.

As far as children lacking social skills, I will say this...it sucks when a kid doesn't not fit in with their peers because the way they are raised in their family is vastly different from how kids in their peer group are raised. I experienced this growing up. I was also very very sensitive and there was a lot of troubles in my family, my dad was always gone on trips and my mom was so emotionally burdened with her own problems, her tolerance for my feelings was very weak. I could have very easily been this girl, the only thing that I had in my corner was--I BELIEVED IT WOULD GET BETTER....I never gave up hope, and it did get better.

This girl lost her hope and thought it would never get better....high school is 4/5 years and then you are free and life opens up in so many ways. I wish she could of lasted 5 years longer, it just destroys me to hear stories like this, life is just too precious to throw away because of stuff like bullying....in the end the bullies won, and it only encourages more bullies to treat sensitive kids cruelly....bullies are like psychic vampires, they build up their self esteem by feeding of the self esteem of others.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join