It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy protesters “branded” by Police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Source

Occupy protesters in Montreal were dismayed to find they had been marked by police with a special ink that is only visible in UV light after being arrested during a raid of Victoria Square Friday.

This is a disgusting approach by the police. To secretly mark a persons skin with a chemical agent that could have health risks for the purpose of identifying protesters is a clear violation of everything that a free society should be.
edit on 30-11-2011 by Tea4One because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

Ever been to a theme park and needed to run out to your car to get something? Did they not stamp your hand with ink that would only show up when you stuck it under the black light to re-enter? It may be bad form on the part of the police but nothing that should get your underwear in a bunch. Now that we know about it, it is not that hard to wash off.

edit on 30-11-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by Tea4One

Ever been to a theme park and needed to run out to your car to get something? Did they not stamp your hand with ink that would only show up when you stuck it under the black light to re-enter? It may be bad form on the part of the police but nothing that should get your underwear in a bunch. Now that we know about it, it is not that hard to wash off.

It might not seem like a big deal on the surface, but we are talking about police officers marking people so they know which group they belong to.
Doesn't that sound a little historically familiar?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I don't think I would worry so much about the toxicity of the ink used, as the above poster pointed out that it's likely being widely used for other applications.

I would really like to hear the take from our ever-critical of the US, brothers from the North on this one. We haven't even taken it this far...

Hitler come to mind, maybe?
edit on 11/30/2011 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

“They wrote on my hand with a permanent marker and then after I felt something pointy and metallic scraping across my skin,” wrote protester Nina Haigh on Facebook

I have been in many bars where i had my hand stamped with ink that is seen in UV spectrum only, and never was there a "pointy and scraping" feeling associated with the process. If indeed this girl did feel this sxensation, she should get a complete blood work-up and check for foreign agents. With the nano-technology being developed these days, I wouldn't put anything past the government.

A nano RFID device or tag and method for using same is disclosed. The nano RFID device may be less than about 150 nanometers in size. The nano RFID device may be a passive, active or semi-passive nano RFID device. The nano RFID device may be included into other items or products such as being woven into a fabric, for example. The nano RFID device may include nano antennae that may comprise one or more carbon tubes. The nano RFID device may include a nano battery.

source

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Well at least the fat cats are so fat we will never loose them either

This is disgusting, and it makes you wonder what legal purpose there could be for this? Seems like they want to discriminate people for being part of a group.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fishticon84

It might not seem like a big deal on the surface, but we are talking about police officers marking people so they know which group they belong to.
Doesn't that sound a little historically familiar?

Of course it does, but we are only talking ink. It will wash off with a little elbow grease. Do not fall for their games, just wash it off and keep on keeping on. It is just a way for them to incite some sort of reaction from the people, which is what they want, so do just the opposite. I say wash it off and carry on.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

It will wash off with a little elbow grease.

Fairly sure its very hard to wash off

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

Nope, a little gojo takes it right off.

Actually any grease cutter will remove it.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
you left out the most important part

The freaky thing is this is IN my skin, washing my hands and scrubbing with abrasives will not get this off…. perhaps in several months of my skin cells renewing themselves if will eventually fade.

What ever ink that is in there is irritating my skin slightly and its a very terrible feeling that they put a substance in my body with out my consent and then later lied about it.

Ever been to a theme park and needed to run out to your car to get something? Did they not stamp your hand with ink that would only show up when you stuck it under the black light to re-enter?

Yes and yes, but that ink washes off very easily and they aren't forcing it on you covertly.
edit on 30-11-2011 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp
reply to post by Skewed

It will wash off with a little elbow grease.

Fairly sure its very hard to wash off

Hence why they use it for problem people at clubs....so they CAN"T get back in.
The fact that it's ink and will wash off is beyond the issue with MARKING PEOPLE in any form.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1825114

Yes and yes, but that ink washes off very easily and they aren't forcing it on you covertly.

Actually they are. No hand stamp, no entry.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Yeah, people above me said it all.
Even if it didnt last as long as it did, does that make it right?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

Never said I agreed with the practice.
I think people are being a little over dramatic about it, considering the other issues at hand.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I do fully support the occupy movement but, as others have mentioned...
This "chemical" is and has been in use for decades now.
Plus this is Canada, no Bill of Rights, No Rights.
Sorry, overthrow first, then you can protest.
I know the US is getting choked themselves but for the time being, we can choose our own exit if need be.

link   
reply to post by Skewed

hey i get what your saying but to say its only ink, well i personally would rather them sew a star on me than ink my skin. (not to imply that i would like to be in a holocaust like situation)

before any trolls come in and say im being insensitive by comparing ows to holocaust-- im not. im comparing IDing by ink on skin to IDing by a patch on clothing

link   

Originally posted by 1825114

Actually they are. No hand stamp, no entry.
HAHA havent got an argument so you ignore the major part of his post.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I think people are being a little over dramatic about it.

Right, and how would you react if police tried to seperate you and isolate you with this tactic just for raising your voice?
You would react exactly the ame.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I already stated my opinion on that in other posts.

I would start swinging if pushed into a corner.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

dbl post

top topics

<<   2 >>

join