It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian arms in US backyard: Back in Cuba

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Just to me after being in the military these are the things you do to position yourself for a big movement.In the early gulf war when it was Operation Desert Shield we supplied various places around Kuwait before we deployed.

I agree with you about trade and commerce with cuba,it would have been better for that ammo plant to been an American op.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

I agree with you about trade and commerce with cuba,it would have been better for that ammo plant to been an American op.

That was my main point. It would have been much better if Cuba was a close partner with the US, and this was our plant.

Otherwise, it is a concern when someone that is a shaky friend, and previous enemy has such close ties just a few miles from our shoreline! These shells are no danger, but the relationship is a danger to us.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Off topic you changed your avatar where is Dick Tracy.
On topic.
I would like to think that this will all blow over but i have a very un easy feeling all this is a build up wih the statement frrom China recently no one is going to back down

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
reply to post by mileslong54

Yeah I agree with you,something is going to set it over the tipping point and it al will go up.

Having lived through the Cuban Missile Crisis and know several of the key players in the Bay of Pigs Invasion, trust me when I tell you we are a long waaaaaaaaaaay away from any tipping point.

Posturing is posturing. Nothing more.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveToSpendIt

I really hope so I really do

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Its great to see Cubans get some work,
and the cartel needs a new arms supplier
since fast and furious was shut down.
Alguien celebrar consiguió un trabajo!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

ROFL

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

Depends on ohw many go through the grinder. If it gos long enough you may see the first EZ go scooter with plate and mk44 bushmaster, just sayin

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalreadyThat was my main point. It would have been much better if Cuba was a close partner with the US, and this was our plant.

Otherwise, it is a concern when someone that is a shaky friend, and previous enemy has such close ties just a few miles from our shoreline! These shells are no danger, but the relationship is a danger to us.

The relationship has been there since the 40s. USSR made weapons have been in the hands of the Cuban military for ages now. that door has never closed and the fact that there is a little publicity/posturing, in the essence of things, means little to nothing.

Folks, calm down, what do you expect when the USA/Israel rattles their Iran pointed sabres? That China, Russia and the rest roll over and take a nap? They rattle back, these moves are all well known postures, no one is surprised except the international public.

Makes great news too, just look at the threads on ATS by the dozens.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

The Russians have been re-establishing cold war alliances and contacts now that their economy is able to support their new style of government.

I'm curious if Russia knows about the Chinese article talking about their undisclosed nuclear arsenal and if that will cause issues between the 2.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcathdraI'm curious if Russia knows about the Chinese article talking about their undisclosed nuclear arsenal and if that will cause issues between the 2.

Did Harry Potter know that Lord Voldemort used Dark Magic?

They knew about the Americans lining the Sino-Soviet border with micronuclear devices covered with biometrically engaged security shields in 1989+ why not this rather obvious and public armament? Are you aware that these two countries were faced off on their borders in 1969 and again in 1989 ready to march ground troops?

Nothing new here, nothing at all.
edit on 30-11-2011 by LiveToSpendIt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Uh.....the cuban military has been using "Russian arms" for some time......Cuban military equipment - a contract for small arms ammunition is not exactly all that stunning!!

Use your gray matter man. Don't you think it makes a good cover to "smuggle" in nuclear missile components?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by joe7pack

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Uh.....the cuban military has been using "Russian arms" for some time......Cuban military equipment - a contract for small arms ammunition is not exactly all that stunning!!

Use your gray matter man. Don't you think it makes a good cover to "smuggle" in nuclear missile components?

Only if you assume that Cuba and several other South American countries don't already have them. This isn't the 60's where things have to go by slow boat and are hidden under K-mart quality tarps.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Well after reading this alarming post I'm reflecting that Russian Military guy who had dreams of god showing the events to come, one was Russia,Cuba,and China along with a few others, attacked the USA, I can't remember his name, BUT seems one step closer to truth, eh?

Also take this into your thoughts friends: My friends grandfather was as Russian as bathtub Vodka, a Cossak and vet of WWII from Moscow to Berlin (has scars, photos, and a couple medals to prove it) He told me these words they are as old as Ivan the Terrible- "As long as Russia has borders, She will have enemies. If she had captured Europe, Then the UK must fall, Then south to Middle East, To China and all asia, then after that the USA and South America, Then she will find a new enemy!" He also never FULLY believed the fall of the Soviets, He Told me" Russia will rest as long as she needs, then attacks. I learned this in the war." He was a prepper before it was a "chic" thing
But I never forgot his words so be safe. Hope for the best, expect the worst!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveToSpendIt

China is not a trustworthy friend of Russia and hence Russians cannot think of taking too many chances and bold steps - openly, the way USSR did.

However, due to changes in technologies now Russia can smuggle quite a few regular ballistic and cruise missiles all nuclear tipped, in Cuba as an answer to US missile shield in Poland and rest of Europe. I would not be surprised if they already have done so as a backup to the surprise first strike by NATO.

edit on 30-11-2011 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Welcome to the Cold War Part Deux.
Deja Vu.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
What's the maximum age for the draft?

just tell them that'll if your drafted, you'll shoot everybody in your unit. that'll probably get you a ticket back home.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Welcome to the Cold War Part Deux.
Deja Vu.

and all began from fng anti-missile shield

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by joe7pack

Thats what I have been thinking. Would it really be that hard to smuggle missiles in slowly,piece by piece? And how hard would it be to get some to Chevez down in Venezuala? Im not saying they are but surely its a possiblity.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Right Right. Especially when Cuba is opening up tp Private Real Estate.

We could still get our elbows on the table, yet the poker game there has been

established for decades already, so we are really going to have to Ante up to

get a seat at the table. There is so much Bribery and Smuggling at that trading post,

that it would be more conducive if we just conquer the whole Island, and figure the

logistics out afterwards. Hell, The other half of their family in Miami and Nationwide

would love us for it anyway. For God Sakes, at least let them sell Cigars.

Oops, I forgot that would infringe on our Dominican Friends.

It is so difficult to do something good these days without ticking someone, somewhere off.

I'm tired of "Tip Toe Through The Tulips."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join