It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia To Discuss Missile Shield With Iran, China

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

I'll say one last thing.

Comparing those numbers to the time of Christ isn't a fair, relevant nor realistic assessment. Compare all the deaths due to war in the last 60 years or so to the Total Death toll of WW-II or WW-I respectfully.

What about Millions killed by their own Governments? Good call. The Cold war was fought between the US/West and the Soviet Union and Red China. Of the two camps which side killed more of their own people? Which sides is just as guilty for half or more of the death caused by proxy in the third world?

Which side would you have rather been born in?

Which side won?

Yes since WW-II millions have died, I'm not going to argue against that fact. What I am saying is that when two Global powers go at it, that's when the real big numbers start dropping @ tens of millions at a pop...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Sounds like you prefer fascism or some kind of 'benevolent' dictatorship.

Sounds like you have some sort of an agenda maybe or just an assumptive mind?

Does your theory fly if you remove the financier-manipulators from the equation?

My theory is based on known historical contexts, facts, events and basic human nature.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar

Originally posted by Domo1

Yikes. Seems the politicians are playing a global pissing contest. Seems like a pretty dangerous game.

You know what really sucks about all of this? We the people are the ones who end up getting pissed on.

I've spoken with several people from around the world, even from russia and Iran, and you know what? They're just like us here in America and they're just like my friends from Europe. People are just people, and sure we may disagree on some stuff, but really... It's the governments that seem to cause the biggest problems!

You`re right mate.
The common man doesn`t want war.
Killing is abhorrent to a normal person.
Politicians aren`t normal....and neither are the out of control Cabal who are pulling their strings.

While we debate and argue among ourselves on who are the Baddies, they just make the decisions and follow them through no matter what our opinions are.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Does your theory fly if you remove the financier-manipulators from the equation?

My theory is based on known historical contexts, facts, events and basic human nature.

Actually, he called it like I saw it as well, you directly said one superpower is better than multiple which is a dictatorship/consolidation of power/authority any way you would like to cut it and there is no assumption here as that is directly what you said no twisting or reaching needed.

And the only "known historical contexts/facts" are quite possibly ALL LIES...so if you want to start counting lies as "facts" so be it but that doesn't seem like something you would do...

I have a feeling you will get exactly what you want though, that one single solitary unchallened superpower, to do what they will, unhindered, unchallenged and with impunity.

Common sense on all levels says the consolidation of power is BAD, the historal facts you are constantly referencing say its bad...so why are you saying its a "good idea"...
is beyond me

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

global missile shields in these countries

Isn't that an oxymoron?
In any case, more power to 'em. Go for it (as if they aren't already).

edit on 11/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
So you think this is the first time these three countries have talked about missile shields? It's all brand spanking new?

Give me a break. Go dig a bomb shelter and can some carrots or something.

Sheesh.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Good, the more interceptors around the world, the better!

Every home should have an interceptor battery.

A "global missile shield" sure beats the # out of MAD theory.

Set them up around the world and let's compete to see whose can shoot down the most #. Military skeet shooting can be the next Olympic sport. Now I am become life again, the destroyer of destroyers.

Just don't go taking pot shots at # other than ballistic missiles. On second thought, no this all probably really bad.
edit on 30-11-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Agenda? No. Assumptive mind? Projection on your part, methinks. ...I based my question on your statements, and curiosity as to what you consider the alternative to "multi-polar" powers:

If history has taught us anything it's that a Mulit-Polar world is actually more dangerous. Sooner or later one side or the other will want to prove they are the bigger dog. That's usually when Millions start dying.

Look at the multiple world powers preceding WW-I or WW-II not to mention all of the wars fought between Empires before the 20th century.

All trying to be the bigger dog.

So was mine - history shows that financiers manipulate political situations to start wars, finance both/all sides, and profit up the wazoo.

As far as "known historical contexts, facts, events and basic human nature," check this out:

Stats show a peaceful world

….we all feel the impending doom headed our way, the increasing violence and riots and craziness all around us. But as is pointed out in this article, the facts don't align and all of our "feelings of impending doom" are perpetrated on us by the media. Even media, dare I say, such as ATS.

The number of people killed in battle – calculated per 100,000 population – has dropped by 1,000-fold over the centuries as civilizations evolved. Before there were organized countries, battles killed on average more than 500 out of every 100,000 people. In 19th-century France, it was 70. In the 20th century with two world wars and a few genocides, it was 60. Now battlefield deaths are down to three-tenths of a person per 100,000.

……..The “Human Security Report 2009/2010,” a project led by Mack and funded by several governments, is a worldwide examination of war and violence and has been published as a book. It cites jarringly low numbers. While the number of wars has increased by 25 percent, they’ve been minor ones.

Another legitimate question, dismissed. Must be nice to have such a big .....stick.

~ sofi

edit on 30/11/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/11/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Ha, just wait till Putin takes back over. They'll have that missile shield up in no time. Aww, poor, poor NATO. I feel so sorry for you that you cannot just waltz in to Putin's turf, and tell him how it's gonna be. Russian strategists are working overtime, but the midnight oil is bearing fruit in the form of some pretty bold moves here lately. Good. Step up. Come to bat. And knock the cover off that ball.

I sometimes think that the main U.S. russophobs like McCain and Lieberman are working for Putin, as soon as they start to call to punish Russia not rus.govrnment only but of all the Russian Putin's rating is the highest since Putin became the savior of Russia from the U.S. aggression

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

black book of communism,I say one thing that one is not good work.The work is not properly done,its like mash and smash. It has a lot of criticisms too .Like the book underestimates deaths under lenin and trotsky and overestimates under Stalin.It also does not give estimates on forced abortions in China which is murder. Also it does not list the crimes of Rothschild and Rockefellers who created and financed communism,nazism and eugenics in China. Their crimes should be estimated as they are fascist commies ,big ones too.

www.firstpost.com...
edit on 1-12-2011 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
About a week ago, Medvedev gave a speech on Russian TV about this topic.

He emphasized that Russia more than often tried to talk with the USA and NATO about NATO´s missile shield to the west and south of Russia. Russia wants to be a partner! They want one big missile shield where NATO and Russia are cooperating. NATO clearly turned that proposal down. The only response was that NATO´s missile shield won´t be directed against Russia. Hard to believe when the radar and missile installations are built around Russia.

So, as Russia´s response, Medvedev ordered his military to reactivate radar installations and missile defense systems in Kaliningrad, to equip missiles with anti-missile disabling systems, to speed up the development of systems capable to disable the missile shield, and to build more modern missiles capable of destroying the missile shield installations. He stated some more orders, but I can´t remember. Yet, he stated again that Russia still wants to talk with NATO about that shield. But it seems that the USA and NATO are not willing to talk... Russia´s next step will be the cancellation of the New START treaty, if NATO goes on installing the shield.

NATO had its chance to build one big missile shield togther with Russia, but now Russia is turning to other partners as a result of NATO´s unwillingness.

Really seems like another round of Cold War is around the corner...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
You know people seem to look at one side of this and miss the other, this is important news in far more ways than Russia is building a missile shield, the most important part of this to me was that Russia will be building this with China and Iran, that in itself is confirmation of China and Russia forming an alliance, not that we didn't know but this is becoming an official thing, NATO can dominate small countries, it cannot dominate Russia and China especially together.

That they have included Iran in this shield is a big slap in the face for Israel and their puppets America and the UK, Iran is strategically really important, both because of its resources and its location, by including Iran they are saying hands off, this is our country and our resources, this is a big move by Russia and China, once Pakistan comes completely under the influence of China, which is accelerating due to the stupidity of the Americans, then the mineral rich Afghanistan and oil rich Iraq become very weak and almost surrounded.

This is a big development, this announcement will have shaken a few trees

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cm23

I repeat once again the ordinary Russian, not only do not need someone else's territory they can not master their own
territory
Americans zone of national interests - the globe
this is where the main problem

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Russia should have put the POLYUS into orbit.

Space Laser to shoot satellites, missiles. Russia didn't launch it because they feared weaponizing space.

America launched the X-37B which is a DOD weapon sitting in Orbit. Capabilities......classified.

China and Russia are showing weakness by allowing the United States to be the only country with military weapons in space. Extreme weakness.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
It is better to have two opposing forces as opposed to just one super power..

If history has taught us anything it's that a Mulit-Polar world is actually more dangerous. Sooner or later one side or the other will want to prove they are the bigger dog. That's usually when Millions start dying.

Just saying is all

Caveat Emptor

And a single power world means that the single power wants to dictate the whole world. This is pretty obvious from recent history, but I guess you would not have seen it as a bad thing since you come from the US.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar

Originally posted by Domo1

Yikes. Seems the politicians are playing a global pissing contest. Seems like a pretty dangerous game.

You know what really sucks about all of this? We the people are the ones who end up getting pissed on.

I've spoken with several people from around the world, even from russia and Iran, and you know what? They're just like us here in America and they're just like my friends from Europe. People are just people, and sure we may disagree on some stuff, but really... It's the governments that seem to cause the biggest problems!

If the governments of US, Israel, UK, China, Iran, Russia etc have a problem with each other, we should all drag thenm out of their safe mansions and lock all of them in a massive cage. They can then commence to kill each other while we the people of Earth live our lives in peace. I have no problem with Iranians, Syrians, Russians, whoever our ass clown government wants to war with to put money in the pockets of war profiteers.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
And a single power world means that the single power wants to dictate the whole world.

Intuitive.

This is pretty obvious from recent history,

Reflective.

but I guess you would not have seen it as a bad thing since you come from the US.

Well spoken Foreign One from waaaaaay up there a few miles north of the US/Canadian border.

Problem: A one world government won't be a US government.

Intuitive, reflective and accurate.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

I think put Mr.Putin in the cage with rockefellers and Rothschild and american puppet govt. Putin will whoop their rears totally and pawn them

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveToSpendIt
Problem: A one world government won't be a US government.

I don't know about you, but I've been watching the global political game for most of my life. What I see are major empires vying for such global control, especially the US since global control means more profit that can save their ship from sinking (especially after turning itself into nothing more than a military power during the cold war, only to end up with no major polar opposite).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join