It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The success of the China Model marks the end of the “end of history.”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I have been sitting here for 15 minutes trying to figure out what to add to this, but my previous words are all that I could come up with. Nonetheless, this article is very telling of China's current stance with the US.
Have a read.

Huanqiu: Six Countermeasures to the Challenges from the U.S.

Huanqiu Online, the Chinese version of Global Times Online, a daily publication under People’s Daily, published an article by Zhang Weiwei, a researcher at the Chunqiu Comprehensive Research Institute, a Chinese think tank, on how China should respond to the U.S. suppression of China’s rise. The author suggested six measures that can be taken in the diplomatic, economic, regional, and ideological (soft power) areas.

"Given the current economic crisis, the U.S. is not capable of starting a war against China. However, the U.S. is very likely to create tension or even small-scale conflicts between China and its neighboring countries. They can distract the U.S. public’s attention, deplete China’s power, and delay China’s rise. This approach gives them the greatest return for the least cost. It is likely to be the first option the U.S. government will choose. We need to be prepared."

"China’s foreign diplomacy and strategy should have a new and larger direction. “Keeping a low profile” should be “confidently keeping a low profile.” The “peaceful rise” should have a non-peaceful bottom line. We must turn around the unfavorable situation, “You fight your battle and I fight mine,” and set up a chess match that favors China."

Chinascope : Full Article

I hope the US can contain itself.

Peace
edit on 30-11-2011 by Surfeit because: spelling error

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfeit

If you flip it around, China and the US, what would the US do if they were in China's position and what has the US done in the past when they were in that position? It doesn't paint a good picture, I hope China is more humble than the US has been to other countries when they were the global economic power.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Given what I've seen, China is little better off.

It's having massive inflation problems, its goods are about to get more expensive (not good for its exports), 100 million have been added to the official poverty roles creating even more social funding needs, and the property bubbles are bursting all over China.

Both sides of the coin need to get over this delusion that they're better, or better off, than the other.

They're both really bad off, and they're both run by arrogant, pompous windbags for the most part as far as I can tell.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

Point taken. I hope they both can contain themselves....Russia too.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If the US treated china the way they treated evryone else, china would have never risen this far. And china wont kill the US because, well, why kill someone whos owing you and paying you all this money? If it werent for business with the US, china would have never been able to build those "reserve" cities to move the survivors of the future nuclear holocaust to. And I love the term chess game. "Just playing with a species lives and destiny, aww man, u took my rook, which happens to house a few million people.". If the governments are gonna bury us all, why are we gonna burn them? Wouldnt, shouldnt we want to control our destiny? Or we all going to sit and wait?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

They're not going to kill us but they can kill the dollar creating super inflation that will make cost rise drastically.

BTW - The US doesn't have the power, weapons, money or man power to take down China. That is an American egotistical ideal that was formed from propaganda on American TV and movies which most Americans spend more time watching than learning, training, preparing or exercising.

I myself fall into this American category of laziness, not pointing the finger just saying what is true about most Americans. It's not hard to prove go outside and you'll quickly notice we are the most overweight country in the world and you don't get that way from physical exercise.
edit on 30-11-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfeit

The success of the China Model marks the end of the “end of history

The success of the Chinese model came at a great cost... The industrialization of china under the regime of Mao cost the deaths of some 40 million Chinese souls.

Interestingly David Rockefeller was noted to say... "The social experiment in China under Chairman Mao's leadership is one of the most important and successful in history."

and peeps wonder why the power keg is moving to from the US to China... All orchestrated by the NWO...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfeit

Nonsense.

China has no interest in seeing us do badly. As it is half their population lives on $2 a day and they are literally starving and it's getting worse because of their water issues.

This hype about China is just hype. They are sitting on a balloon that will burst and it will be way worse than anything we are seeing.

We stop buying, they go down. They said no to Europe though, so Europe is depending on the US to bail them out. They did a swap today I think to keep the EU alive for ten more days. If in 10 days they don't stop the handouts to their lazy, unproductive citizens, it all comes down I think.

China is very fragile and the hype is just political nonsense to scare the kiddies to control us.

We saw this with Japan and Reagan simply stopped the imports for one week and the Japanese leaders where on the White House steps begging.

For China to do well, we must do well. That is why they buy the debt. Not to make us fail, but keep us spending on their goods.
edit on 11/30/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Surfeit

Nonsense.

China has no interest in seeing us do badly. As it is half their population lives on $2 a day and they are literally starving and it's getting worse because of their water issues.

This hype about China is just hype. They are sitting on a balloon that will burst and it will be way worse than anything we are seeing.

We stop buying, they go down. They said no to Europe though, so Europe is depending on the US to bail them out. They did a swap today I think to keep the EU alive for ten more days. If in 10 days they don't stop the handouts to their lazy, unproductive citizens, it all comes down I think.

China is very fragile and the hype is just political nonsense to scare the kiddies to control us.

We saw this with Japan and Reagan simply stopped the imports for one week and the Japanese leaders where on the White House steps begging.

For China to do well, we must do well. That is why they buy the debt. Not to make us fail, but keep us spending on their goods.

Could you please provide a link for the above? It would further your argument which at first glance looks sound.
In some countries you don't need to make 50 k a year to survive and not starve to death.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I would have thought that China's true financial state, the drought and the lack of potable water was common knowledge since there is so much info available. I'll see what I can find.

While I'm looking, consider this; half the world lives on under $2 a day and the poor in the US are among the wealthiest on earth.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I did some research here and here are the links that I found useful and they show both sides of the coin.
Links
www.atimes.com...
www.englishfirst.com...
www.numbeo.com...
www.china-briefing.com...
www.averagesalarysurvey.com...

I don't see any comparison to say working in North America but if you read through some of the slag I found that 5 to 10 k a year in China is good money.
I don't think they are starving in the streets there, well some maybe because of the population.
We live in a city here in Canada where the wages are very very good.
Lots of people living out of their cars and living in shelters here.
As far as the US goes it was just today the Bank Of America stocks are nearing if not now junk status.....
Unfortunately I don't think the US or Canada is going to come out on top of China on this one.
Link for the stock of BOA.....
www.marketwatch.com...
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Surfeit

Nonsense.

It bugs the hell out of me when people say half of china is starving. Its a complete load of rubbish! My wife was from a poor part of china, and they were poor, but never to the point where they had no food or a roof over their head. I have been to many places in china, and while there are people who are poor, and have problems getting food or shelter, its nowhere near as bad as some people make out. People who most prob have never been to china and get all their information from the media

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
CIA World Factbook - China

CHINA

Population: 1,336,718,015 (July 2011 est.)

GDP - per capita (PPP): $7,600 (2010 est.)

Population below poverty line: 2.8%
note: 21.5 million rural population live below the official "absolute poverty" line (approximately $90 per year); an additional 35.5 million rural population live above that level but below the official "low income" line (approximately $125 per year) (2007)

You will notice how China plays games with numbers. Their official poverty line is $90 per year and their low income line is just $125 per year. Above $125 you are into their middle class and two dollars a day is $730 per year which includes most of their working class.

United States

Population: 313,232,044 (July 2011 est.)

GDP - per capita (PPP): $47,200 (2010 est.)

Population below poverty line: 15.1% (2010 est.)

The US ranks it's poverty line by household and it's currently at $22,350 for a four person household. You cannot simply divide it by four and get a number. The individual poverty line works out to around $10,890 for a single person. That number is more than most citizens on the entire planet earn by far.

China Crisis....

The Yangtze – Asia's biggest river – is experiencing its worst drought in 50 years, forcing an unprecedented release of water from the Three Gorges reservoir. The drought is damaging crops, threatening wildlife and raising doubts about the viability of China's massive water diversion ambitions...

...The drastic measure comes amid warnings of power shortages and highlights the severity of the dry spell in the Yangtze delta, which supports 400 million people and 40% of China's economic activity.

This on top of the unmentioned many year drought in the poorer farming areas of China.

Older article below but still just as relevant.
Dust, waste and dirty water...

...up to 300 million people are drinking contaminated water every day, and 190 million are suffering from water related illnesses each year. If air pollution is not controlled, it says, there will be 600,000 premature deaths in urban areas and 20m cases of respiratory illness a year within 15 years.

China's water quality gives the researchers greatest concern. One third of the length of all China's rivers are now "highly polluted" as are 75% of its major lakes and 25% of all its coastal waters. Nearly 30,000 children die from diarrhea due to polluted water each year

China's wealth comes from manufacturing for the West. No need to prove that I think. When your economy is based on manufacturing, you must have customers to buy your products. They simply cannot sell to themselves. Their economy is linked directly to that of the West. We don't buy, they fail. It is that simple. Their is no way to argue around that.

The China Bogeyman is the same as the Japanese Bogeyman was as I mentioned. It's just political crap to give us something to fear more than the leaders using the fear against us.

China is so interconnected that they simply cannot want anything for us other than for us to continue to do well enough to buy their products.

Those poverty numbers for China are based on the dollar. Imagine half the US living on under $2 a day? Like all Marxist based systems, nearly all wealth is in the hands of the elite and the only thing near a true middle class is their Party lapdogs who they allow to live a little better. The lucky few who have opportunity are clustered in the cities we are allowed to see while most of their citizens live in absolute poverty beyond our camera's views.

I addition to the drought they mention above, a long term drought there going on for more than a decade has destroyed many farming areas and the farmers have been relocated to non-productive land. They are diverting major rivers to try and save themselves. The cost for that is staggering and even in their current growth mode it will bring them to their knees unless they simply allow their population to starve or die of waterborne disease.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Good stuff and thanks for posting it.
Yes I do see a numbers game going on there with their stats.
Still though I wonder how many people there are in dire straits compared to here in North America?
Last I read there was that more than 30 Million (probably more) people in the US were on food stamps.
That is more than the whole population of Canada and then some.
That is a lot of people who like their plasma tv and x-boxes out on the curb.
Untold millions of houses foreclosed upon and millions more under water and millions more not reported to be foreclosed or just abandoned.
We have two personal friends that are from China and both are very cool to talk to.
Yes they have some horror stories of people living in the streets, Just like Detroit has.
But I will tell you they have a work ethic and a commitment like no other people we know.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

How can we compare a system where it is impossible to starve unless you want to, to a system that places the whole above the individual.

We are a bunch of spoiled whiners. Our poor have cars, televisions and have most of their rent paid for them. Half the world would love to be in the same position and consider themselves lucky to be here.

I was homeless once around 30 years ago for a short time. I found I could get up to five hot meals a day and sleep in a bed every night. Americans are very giving people. The only ones who cannot do so by choice and they love to lie about it. There are even more things available now than 30 years ago, far more.

Hopefully the entitlement crowd will wake up before they cause us to become like other places. They simply don't understand that you can't take and take and take and not put it back in. A sort of retardation has hit our society because people have it so easy.

China however, believing only the whole matters, would loose no sleep if they were forced to let part of their population starve and suffer to secure the State. One need only see the video of people walking by a discarded female newborn in a gutter in front of a store to see the difference. Google it if you have not seen it. It was smuggled out by a reporter who got into the hidden area's inside of China.

The other posters Wife (post above a ways) must be from the privileged class and inside the Party. Ordinary Chinese do not travel, only the privileged. During the Olympics the Chinese even had a Party Propagandist on here posting, who admitted they were posting from government offices. Imagine things being bad enough they move heaven and earth to hide it from the world.

top topics

join