It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Big Brother gets even bigger..........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
We all know that you cannot go anywhere in the UK without being filmed. There is cameras absolutely everywhere. There are even flying little toy helicopters around the skies with cameras to watch every thing you do.

Well, today in the UK there was a huge public strike action. The police obviously feared the worst. As a result they put some of their new equipment on display. None of it was needed as far as i am aware.

We all know people are now living in an open prison , but now they are trying to make it look like one.

the even have little windows where the police can look out at the peasants.

pics are from;
www.dailymail.co.uk... e-chaos.html

what the hell are the UK police expecting. these barriers remind me of the ones set up in zombie movies like 28 days later.

anyone who truly belives they are living in a democratic society and are not living in a police state is saddly mistaken.

(just an intetersting little note on the strike. the unions seemed happy with the numbers that turned out. its seems to have been pretty peaceful. I was struck by the fact that the Prime minister rather than praising people for their behaviour refer to the whole thing as a 'Damp Squib' . Sounds to me like he was expecting trouble and was dissappointed he didn't get any. How bizzare.)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Someday, you're going to see the people looking in thru the bars and glass at the elite instead of the way it is now.

Someday, they'll be rounded up and made to answer for their crimes against humanity and the Earth.

Someday...

Have Faith

edit on 30-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
there was an issue during the strike today outside the offices of mining company Xstrata. i have included a picture from this incident below from the same story in the paper.

Does anybody know what the hell the 'Fear' sign is behind the cops? Is this something to do with the building, the protesters , or is it something that belongs to the Cops? or is it simply some type of media progamming?? its bloody bizzare whatever the hell it is.

www.dailymail.co.uk... e-chaos.html

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I thought people in UK are just enjoying freedom and justice. But were are these things ?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Someday, you're going to see the people looking in thru the bars and glass at the elite instead of the way it is now.

Maybe but how long after that will be before we have to start worrying about there succesors.

Elite come and go but the abuse of power remains...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
so that's what they spend our tax money on...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Finally there is a very nice picture. It shows off the new equipment in the background and also shows how much the locals like this new equipment.

www.dailymail.co.uk... /index.html
edit on 30-11-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
what the hell are the UK police expecting. these barriers remind me of the ones set up in zombie movies like 28 days later.

Oddly enough, those protesting remind me of the zombies in movies like 28 days later

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
I thought people in UK are just enjoying freedom and justice. But were are these things ?

Freedom and justice when the rich refuse to work because they object to helping those less well off?

Well, to be fair, such scenes don't occur in 99% of the country.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Wow, you guys don't stand a chance. They could sit behind that wall and pick you off one by one, and it certainly doesn't look to be easy to scale that wall.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

these barriers remind me of the ones set up in zombie movies

The problem is the zombies are waking up.....

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
They put them up at football matches as well to stop opposing fans getting at each other.

Of course they could line up in riot gear but that would just antagonise the situation.

I dont see what the problem is, they are trying to keep the protesters away from the tourists in Trafalgar square.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
They put them up at football matches as well to stop opposing fans getting at each other.

Of course they could line up in riot gear but that would just antagonise the situation.

I dont see what the problem is, they are trying to keep the protesters away from the tourists in Trafalgar square.

what football matches have you seen these barriers at.

they are supposed brand new specifically to stop people and cars.

they were put up to stop the protesters heading to Parliment buildings. it has nothing to do with tourists. do you work for boris johnson?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
No and I hate the filth too. Those pictures are at Trafalgar square.
From what I gather the march went off without a hitch too.

They have been put up at the Southampton Portsmouth matches.
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

thanks for the link , thats from feb 2010. i wonder are all the major citys stocked up on these fantastic barriers. very surprised they weren't pulled out before now in Lodon

edit on 30-11-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by JohnySeagull

these barriers remind me of the ones set up in zombie movies

The problem is the zombies are waking up.....

As a Briton running his own business, and earning ~7k a year - that's what worries me

Anyone know where I can buy these baricades?
edit on 30-11-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Its cool, most of the British people i encounter online spend more time worrying about the police state in America and American affairs rather than anything going on with England. As long as people can still criticize America freely everything is okay.

new topics

top topics

join