It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you provide ways to use air signals for any tribes or groups that may form in a shtf situation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I will start with hot air balloons. Launch them over or near if worried social areas to alert others in distance of gathering. Keep in mind this can be manipulated also depending on what the situation is. So I ask ATS can you post some ways to alert the masses with arial equipment, w/o electricity? I know some more but will save them incase no one shares them. there are risk with alerting others of your location so I say just place them in the vicinity maybe 5 mile diameter from camp or outpost to help detect potential lawless ones who care not about others just about them being free to act lawless.

The goal of this thread is to share ways to communicate if the need was to come up with others on or off land.

With that thoughts?

NAMASTE*******
edit on 11/30/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Kites is what i've mostly read about for alerting people in survival situations.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
26.5 mm flares. You can get a gun for $50 and the flares for $30 a box. You can get an adapter for the 26.5mm gun to shoot 12 ga flares. If you have 37mm you can use 37mm, 26.5mm, and 12ga with the proper adapters.

You can also learn how to reload 26.5 and 37mm flares very cheaply. The casings will go dozens of times before they need retired.

There are several colors and types. Make your own meaning chart and stick with it. Green= trouble etc.
edit on 30-11-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DblxJ

Good 1 I was about to use kites also but you beat me too it
heres another Pigeons with messages on them or trained Pigeons that fly in a certain sector of interest or even follow the trainier.. thanks DblXJ

reply to post by Shadowalker

Thats another good idea I hadnt thought of shooting flares
nice

thank you both for sharing

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
A paper ot plastic kite comes to mind....

How to make a kite.

A kite consists of these basic parts:
The Spine. The up-and-down, or vertical stick that you build your kite around.
The Spar. The support stick(s), that are placed crossways or at a slant over the spine. Sometimes they are curved or bowed.
The Frame. The joined spine and spars, usually with a string connecting their ends, that form the shape of the kite and make a support for the cover.
The Cover. The paper, plastic, or cloth, that cover the frame to make a kite.
The Bridle. One or more strings attached to the spine or spars, which help control the kite in the air.
The Flying Line. The string running from the kites’ bridle, where you hold to fly the kite.
The Tail. A long strip of paper or plastic of ribbon that helps to balance the kite in flight. Not all kites need tails.
The Reel. The object you use to wind your flying line, to keep it form getting tangled or flying away.
www.skratch-pad.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

The Kites are getting popular, thanks for sharing the design data as well Destinyone
Here is another, remote control flight devices (airplanes and copters running on batteries). I remember a member here saying something about also attaching a camera and now you got home made sky surveillance.. Make them circle or find prey or food.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
People i know will check under certain bridges and overpasses.
This will give them massage giving a place i will meet them and take them the rest of the way.

safe for me safe for them and unreadable for anyone else.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I dont think I would expose myself or any of my group in any public way. Your method sounds good to me.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I see ANNED so you have already gotten your social groups somewhat prepared to meet in pre set locations just incase. Interesting. Hard to see there and water source usually good with me
Thanks

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
reply to post by ANNED

I dont think I would expose myself or any of my group in any public way. Your method sounds good to me.

Yes I mentioned in the OP that it would be risky doing so sharing location, so you may want to locate the signal away from location of interest. I am just speaking in terms of incase tshtf requiring NUMBERS or HANDS*

I wonder why they didnt do that with the probe they sent out in the cosmos with the directions to Sphere 3 smh? Voyager1

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Another one would be to align mirrors in a special array to reflect off the clouds at night from fire source....
need good polished mirrors though and strong fire source maybe with certain chemicals to make fire burn certain shines and colors... Place mirrors on ballons hot air kind and you may be able to do signals associated with color or code with other tribes or groups, for bartering ect..

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Like the natives of the Americanaz I would use Smoke signals as well....

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I suggest, a pile of green wood, (grease wood is what the Lone Ranger used) a match, and Tonto's blanket.

Maybe you need a Tonto-type also to compose and read messages. This system was/is crude but very effective before the telegraph came along, and much faster than the Pony Express riders.

top topics

join