It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Israel Bombs Iran, It’ll Jam, Spoof and Hack First

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
As I closed production on this week's show, I ran across this article on WIRED.com detailing how an Israeli attack on Iran would likely unfold.

The basic idea is as follows: blind an adversary, confuse him, bomb him, disrupt his ability to react or mitigate the consequences, fly away.

Israel may have already given its joint electronic-air attack a test run. In 2007, when it bombed Syrian nuclear facilities, Israel reportedly remotely disabled the tripwires on Syria’s air defenses. Reportedly, it pumped the sensors on those air defenses full of data streams that the sensors think are commands from the systems administrator.

The U.S. has looked at Israel’s electronic warfare weapons with interest. The Navy wants its forthcoming next-generation jammer to do many of the same things — especially inserting malware into an adversary’s command network. The Pentagon’s chief information officer has launched a study into how the military safeguards its own electromagnetic spectrum from infiltration or attack, subscriber-only InsideDefense reports. And the military command in charge of a cyberattack now believes it’s legally in the clear to conduct “offensive operations of any kind,” Air Force Gen. Robert Kehler, its chief, told Reuters. If there is an Israeli attack on Iran, U.S. military planners will probably be taking notes.

That is, if they’re not too busy containing the fallout from a massive regional war. Iran’s retaliation won’t just come conventionally, from its rocket and missile arsenal. It’ll come from terrorist proxies in Gaza and Lebanon. U.S. diplomats in Iraq and servicemembers in Afghanistan might be the subject of reprisals, as could Gulf Arab states who’d probably grant Israel flyover rights in secret. There’s a reason that Israel’s former spy chief recently called an Israeli strike on Iran “the stupidest thing I have ever heard.”

Original source quoted in the above article: The Daily Beast I included both links because they each have insightful viewpoints.

I'll be back to check on the thread throughout the day, but post-production is a time consuming process, and I want to get this week's show up ASAP. My special guest this week BTW, is Syrian opposition leader Malik al-Abdeh. He has fascinating insights into what is happening in Syria, and we also discuss what role the Russians may play in this deadly little drama. I didn't want to say who it was until this week's episode was in the can; I've learned that lesson already.

Cheers ATS.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

No doubt about it old timer. They have many tricks up there sleeves. Lure them out and take them out. All of them bang.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
As I closed production on this week's show, I ran across this article on WIRED.com detailing how an Israeli attack on Iran would likely unfold.

The basic idea is as follows: blind an adversary, confuse him, bomb him, disrupt his ability to react or mitigate the consequences, fly away.

I wonder if that order has any meaning?

the way I see things so far = counfusion - stuxnet and sanctions. Bomb him - well there have been a few suspicious and LARGE explosions also adding to the confusion.

looks like disruption/mitigation of consequences will be next.

sound like a good show Oldcorp.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
World War three will be fought with computers over the net.. That is all you will need to take out an opponents military in the near future..

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by OldCorp

No doubt about it old timer. They have many tricks up there sleeves. Lure them out and take them out. All of them bang.

"Old timer?" Really?

*Damn whippersnappers think they can run off at the mouth and disrespect their elders. pshaw, why back in my day...

reply to post by -W1LL

They do seem to be following that playbook don't they? Of course the real fun will begin after they "fly away." Attacking Iran will be the easy part. Dealing with the world-wide repercussions will be quite a different matter. Not only will Israel be pummeled by rockets and mortars launched from Lebanon, the West Bank, and Gaza by Iranian proxies Hamas, Hezbollah, and Islamic Jihad - Iran and Syria will act as one. the unrest in Syria and war with Iran are linked at the hip - with Syria threatening to attack Tel Aviv should the TURKS enforce a no-fly zone under the banner of the Arab League; but Iran is the world's 5th largest supplier of oil. Iran can also use what navy it has to sink a tanker in the Strait of Hormuz, or mine it disrupting the flow of oil from all of the other countries in the Persian Gulf.

Fuel prices would skyrocket overnight, and with the Northern Hemisphere - the largest consumers of petroleum on the planet - coming into winter, people are going to have to choose between heating their homes or eating. Of course food prices will go through the roof because how does produce get to the store? By truck. Those trucks are going to have to pay exorbitant amounts of cash for their fuel, and that cost is going to be passed along through higher food prices.

War with Iran is going to be a huge snip sandwich, and like it or not, we're all going to take a bite.

*Excuse me, but just exactly why does Syria threaten Israel for a decision made by Arab nations? That makes no logical sense to me whatsoever. Still, maybe this was already foretold?

The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap. Isaiah 17"

A lot of you guys think I'm nuts, but my faith isn't based solely on what I learned in church. A lot of logical and critical thought has gone into it over the past 40 years, and I'm telling you that we are watching a prophecy or two unfold before our very eyes. Russia is getting involved, Persia, Turkey, Egypt, Libya, Syria; they are all named as the nations that would come against Israel in the Gog/Magog War; it's happening just as the Bible said it would.

Here's MY prediction: Sometime in the next few weeks or months, Syria will fire missiles - SCUDS, possibly with chemical or biological warheads - at Israel, most likely at Tel Aviv. Israel will retaliate with a nuclear weapon, targeting Damascus. Let's see if I'm right.
edit on 11/30/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join