It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi leader?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Who is going to be "leader" of Iraq after this war? If they have elections, then what happens if a Kurd is elected? Will it not still be chaos...

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
and until then, we'll see British and US military rule, while a council is put together, and then decisions are made from there....as a prime concern is to prevent the rise of another dictator here...

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   
But, if they end up having the Iraqi people elect a leader, what if they elect a Kurd? Wouldn't that cause more problems in the middle east, a Kurdish-controlled country... Because the Kurds are not exacltly peaceful people, we could see a more brutal person than Hitler in charge of a country.

Remember, they kill all who oppose their will. That's probably why Saddam gassed them.(but it doesn't make him right)

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
is Shiite, I really doubt that will happen....

That's like the odds of a Green Party candidate being elected as the US president....

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Lol, then what happens to the Kurds if the Shiite take control? Either way, one group is going to be oppressed by the other. It's their way...

Nader...president!

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Whoever it is, it will be a pro US government.
That's what this whole war is about in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Why of course! Why install another anti-american government? What good does that do anyone?

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
No matter what the outcome is, someone will find fault and blame the US. ;-)

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm not sure one person can govern Iraq.I think the new government will be people from each faction,or something similar.
I'am glad that I don't have to figure this out.It is going to be a rough ride in Iraq for awhile......

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Lol, I can just imagine a congress(or what ever they end up with) session in Iraq.

Shiite Congressman- I propose that we...
Kurdish Congressman-NO YOU DON'T! I'll *freedom* blast your *freedom* brains out the back of your *freedom* skull.

Note-All 'cuss' words have been censored for your saftey. Courtesy of joehayner censoring beuro

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Here's some info about the transitional government at least, and who will lead it...

www.msnbc.com...

new topics

top topics

join