It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany approves sale of nuke-capable submarine to Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is great news. While Iran is still trying to figure out how to build a bomb, israel already has the capability to nuke them from, land, sky and now the sea...

Germany has approved the sale of another Dolphin-type military submarine to Israel and will pay for about a third of its cost, a senior German official said Wednesday.

Dolphin-class submarines are capable of carrying nuclear-tipped missiles, even though there is no evidence that Israel has armed them with such weapons.

The official said the latest submarine, which brings the total to six, results from a 2005 agreement between the two nations that included an option for another subsidized sub. That option was now activated at Israel’s request.

www.washingtonpost.com... CO_story.html

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Page Not Found.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The title is a bit melodramatic.

Any sub capable of launching cruise missiles (and this is most in the world today) is also capable of launching a nuclear armed one.

It's the same as getting hot under the collar over sales of 155mm howitzers, or any aircraft, or even a hot air ballon. They can all carry or deliver nuclear weapons....

Besides, the Israeli's already have a few of these little subs and more than enough aircraft which can deliver nukes too.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
page not found, another source
I cant believe we war is looming....its just starting to hit me

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Great news, maybe they can go about fighting all their wars by themselves instead of using Gentile blood and money for their cause. Whaddya say?

edit on 30-11-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Warning..Stupid Question Alert!

Exactly where is the need for the German Government to pay for 1/3rd of the cost? That is the only part of the story I have an issue with. Every other nation sells weapons to whoever can buy, so why should Germany short change themselves by saying no? However...when exactly did Tel Aviv become a welfare case in need of charity? It's bad enough the U.S. has been supporting them like a needy family for decades now..but I get why with equal support going to Egypt. Germany though?? On a submarine?? Oookay... Color me lost on that need for financial help.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Warning..Stupid Question Alert!

Exactly where is the need for the German Government to pay for 1/3rd of the cost? That is the only part of the story I have an issue with. Every other nation sells weapons to whoever can buy, so why should Germany short change themselves by saying no? However...when exactly did Tel Aviv become a welfare case in need of charity? It's bad enough the U.S. has been supporting them like a needy family for decades now..but I get why with equal support going to Egypt. Germany though?? On a submarine?? Oookay... Color me lost on that need for financial help.

Well you'd give your family a discount too wouldn't you.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Germany may feel it owes the Jews a bit of a discount...........

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

a report from yesterday (Nov 29) says Germany Lends Air-Defense Radar to Israel

Published: 29 Nov 2011 15:14 DefenseNews

TEL AVIV - Germany recently delivered a Patriot air defense radar to Israel as a cost-free loaner pending conclusion of a three- to four-year refurbishment in the United States of Israel's own AN/MPQ-53 radars for its PAC-2 force.

German, U.S. and Israeli sources confirmed the trilateral cooperation, aimed at filling potential gaps in Israeli air defense coverage while Israel Air Force radars are being serviced at Fort Sill, Okla.

I wonder if those systems work against all those rockets coming in from Lebanon and Gaza?

"Germany has contributed to the air defense system of Israel since 2003 with the loan of two Patriot systems. Additional components are temporarily on loan to maintain the operational capability of the systems," said Lt. Col. Holger Neumann, a German MoD spokesman.

new topics

top topics

join