It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's nuclear arsenal could be up to FORTY times bigger than thought

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WinnieDaWho

Considering there is 1.3 billion in China alone I think they would manage without the chinese living in other countrys.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I wouldn't be too surprised if something like this would happen soon:

In other news, security increases at Area 51, White Sands, and Dugway...
A ship-based version of the Air Force's mach-6 cruise missile is also rumored to be in development for the U.S. Navy...
The appropriations committee approves increasing the spending budget for the Navy's already somewhat sucessful free-electron laser research program by 10x. Hopes being that the timeframe for developing military lasers from KW class to MW class is greatly reduced. Similar capability to later be developed for land based stations under Air Force and Army command...

An excuse for U.S. taxpayer dollars to always keep us ahead in the game.

As for China?

China still seems content with the way most things are now though (economics working in their favor), so I don't see these purposed as offensive weapons. (If estimates are correct, the missiles are in numbers to keep the U.S. and Russia in check when relating to their own existing defensive capabilities. In other words, enough to overwhelm any expected defense.) If anyone has to worry, it's going to be those in southeast Asia and the South Pacific. Those are the areas where China seems most eager to claim resources. If China acts out it will be conventional with nukes held in reserve to deal with any counters which they'd consider threatening. (Likely mirrors existing U.S. and Russian military doctrine.)

They stay quiet, but are likely clued-in on knowing what we know. (Tracking spy sats, spying and hacking.) So they don't have to boast about such systems when compared how things were in the Cold War Era. They don't seem too boastful outside of their own country so I wonder if they use the "mushroom farm" approach to diplomacy.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
How can this surprise anyone? Every major nuclear power has been stocking up their love bombs for over 50 years! Especially China!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

and we are turning into a full blown USSR.What if other nations refuse to sell oil and start entering into alliances with China or decide to integrate with the chinese republic?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Let me get this straight, Slayer.

So instead of the combined countries of the world having enough nukes to blow the world up 100 times over, now it could be like 500 times over?
edit on 1-12-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Is that really all you got out of the OP?

No thoughts on a dangerous Arms race being set off in Asia?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

It's like the Cold War: Part 2. It was bound to happen again eventually. It's just laughable that it gets to be pointless after you have X number of nukes.

Is there a magical number you reach to win? I can blow the world up 1000 times over, I win!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

reply to post by nenothtu

Puts on his Dusty rarely used tinfoil hat...

This thread has been an eye opener. neno have you noticed how on many MANY previous threads the US got grilled alive for having a large Nuclear stockpile which shows that it's a warmongering nation meanwhile, back at the ranch [And Reality] when a story like this breaks... Now, All of sudden the prevailing attitude is

Meh!.
Who cares about how many Nukes anybody has...

Absolutely.

No U.N. Questionings ?

Why isnt the rest of the world,up in arms about this ??

No pun intended.............

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Between India and China?

Or the West vs East?

North vs South?

oh...boy... I need another belt...

Pours a tall one

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This has been a really interesting 8 pages of reading..awesome post, scary and eye opening.

Someone posted a few pages back about the extensive tunnel building. That also was one of my first thoughts, and of course knowing how 'secretive' our own government and military is and assuming they are always a few steps ahead of the rest of the world (or try to be) it makes me wonder how extensive our own tunneling is.

The most worrisome tho is this speech by the Chinese general, it is really directly threatening to the US and our allies. Is this confirmed? It amazes me that a military leader can give a speech like that and there not be more of a response from our government. If that speech was given in say Iran, I think it would be a different story.

I almost get the impression that this is an uh-oh moment for the US military or government; or maybe a .. 'well the cats out of the bag now' kind of thing.

Well..without rambling my thoughts on..thanks to everyone who has contributed..will be following this and studying all the links as well.

Just one more thing..being an RP supporter, seems like more reason to bring our troops home to me. He has always said he believes in a strong military, just not empire building/militarism. Makes me wonder if he has situations like this in mind...hmmm

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissingRonnieR
China has its first Aircraft Carrier. It was purchased "used" from the French. The US has had Aircraft Carriers since 1920. Do we really need any more than that to realize this China Threat is all a hoax.

I am not too sure about the purchase of French Carrier. They intended to in 1997 but the carrier was scrapped.

French_Carrier

Chinese_Aircraft_Carrier_Program

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Personally I think its just that. Set off the Arms race in Asia. I do know that there has been a silent economic/currency war being waged between China & US.

On the other hand, I also wonder if China is misleading the Western intelligence and force to outspend (just the way the soviets were beaten during the cold war).

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I wonder why India would reject a security pact with Australia and the US ?
You would think it would be in their interests.

India rejects trilateral security pact with Australia, US

Source:timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

I can only imagine how Pakistan would have reacted if this went through. Maybe some of what we see going on now with US/Pakistan relations has to do with these overtures.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

Well if push comes to shove mutual interests will prevail if the situation calls for cooperation between certain groups IMO.

But until then why should there be anything in writing?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlv70
I wonder why India would reject a security pact with Australia and the US ?
You would think it would be in their interests.

India rejects trilateral security pact with Australia, US

Source:timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

I can only imagine how Pakistan would have reacted if this went through. Maybe some of what we see going on now with US/Pakistan relations has to do with these overtures.

Nothing on the news here bout that. And judging by the article seems Kevins Rudds remarks surprisd even the Indians themselves....so why did he state it publicly?

India is rising up and wants to stand on its own two feet without anyone else supporting her.

The ideal situation for the West is to have 2 rising powers take each other out. i.e. coerce India into a war with Pakistan and China.....that would leave the US to deal with Russia in the future without having to worry about China.

Kind of Like Israel taking on Iran and them both wiping each other out.

Geopolitics is alot more like Chess than most think.

Who's gonna end with the Checkmate? doesnt always have to be the one with the most pieces on the board but the one that makes that "one" smart move.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Absolutely, lets have an Interstellar Kegger!

Cheers Slayer, and Happy Holidays to you and yours,

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

In the grand scheme of things, I wonder if the security pacts are designed to sort the team players for the big game....whenever that happens ? Sorta designed to see the intent of a country/ally and their intentions and committment in the future should there be a conflict in the region?

Being self sufficient has always been the motto of Gandhi however the truth is far different. I'm afraid that the 'Self Sufficiency' or 'Standing on their own feet' is used as a mere political tool to somehow contain the locals and supporting the local political parties within India. What goes on behind back door deals with International Politicians is another which I'm afraid we will not know until someone either hacks or leaks it to the media or internet.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

How many Tesla ships does China have.
Can they tell me that.
China would never trust investments in building power plants and copper mills unless
there was the ultimate pay off in free energy devices.
We set them up in rocketry and satellite launch technology.
Hopefully they paid the 1% of the 1% for the privilege.
Using the gyros we designed during the missile launch failures that engineers went
on strike immediately before fixing the drawings and the government took to another
1% of the 1% company. And Sperry gyros would not work without Tesla motors and
now electrostatic forces for gyros and ships denied to the ignorant from Tesla.
But China has them, let us count them, someone raise their hand.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I suppose this report was made to "probe and nudge" China to response but as usual China will just ignore the speculation and let the "guessing game" go on as anybody and everybody can come up a figure cos its just speculation and nothing more. With power comes responsibility and its "so far so good" with all countries that have nuclear capabilities. Lets pray and hope it goes on for disarmament is or will never happen in reality.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Nuclear Weapons are worthless unless you have a delivery system that won't be blown or Lased ot of the point they reach space...as the U.S. Military has an ABM and New Laser System that is second to none.
Split Infinity

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join