It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's nuclear arsenal could be up to FORTY times bigger than thought

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Was just about to post that, no difference in how many any have if they have nuclear war we are toast. Sad reality.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
So when will the humans wake up and realize we are all here together we are one race. Blowing up the earth insures no survival of the human race. It truly is mindboggling

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
300 / 3000 /300000 doesn't really matter does it, if any of the major super powers fire just one in anger at the others we are all dead.....
But a good find fella

short and sweet

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Nuclear weapons are 20th Century weapons.

The new stuff is beyond comprehension...and why all countries ceased having large Armies. They are worthless on the new battlefield.

One of the Nazi weapons they dreamed of was a magnifying mirror in space to aim the sun at a spot on Earth as a weapon. It exists.

Even if China has their nukes 1 mile underground that new weapon will heat them up underground and set them off in their underground bunkers.

China got raped in the "Boxer Rebellion" where Russia/US/Europe ganged on them and forced China to pay 36million pounds of silver for "reparations".

China will get raped again. This time there won't be many of them left to pay Reparations to us. All Israel has to do is use their subs and launch a nuke at China then run and hide.

After all is said and done Israel would be the last piece of dirt on the planet able to support life. That's the endgame goal.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I quote... One of the Nazi weapons they dreamed of was a magnifying mirror in space to aim the sun at a spot on Earth as a weapon. It exists.

Links and photos please Iam not saying you are making it up but sounds pretty far fetched to me.
Also your comments on how china will lose seem a little to easy for me, we can all be armchair generals but when war happens it seldom goes as planned.
edit on 1-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Why they heck would any country need that many nukes?

AFter the first few are dropped we are all dead anyway...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Just sit back and enjoy the ride....

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Don't know for sure, but I bet you that right now there are teams of people developing a chinese-target and india-target versions of the Stuxnet virus... as we speak.

edit on 1/12/2011 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
hey HAARP guys - a little flooding could be useful.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The numbers aren't as worrisome as the questions of stability, and trust.

Of all nuclear armed nations, who can be trusted with them most?

The Chinese plan to one day take Taiwan by force, and if they can't take it, they will destroy it with nukes, and dare the west to get involved.... Once they have achieved mutually assured destruction with the USA (they are very close now) Look for things to heat up quickly in Taiwan... It's in part why they want the USA to be preoccupied in regional conflicts in the Middle East and elsewhere, along with NATO.

It is one thing to have this power, it is another to actually use it.

China will...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by The GUT

Yeah I thought that was pretty funny myself. "Some Students" were doing some "Homework" for 3 years is how one of the articles put it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Intelligence community believed in hiring 'GIFTED' & 'SKILLED' individuals including Celebrities (Movie Actors/Famous Musicians and Bands) and/or Students
They have the tools & links and all they need is a perfect 'QUALIFIED' candidate
and/or their equipment (planes, buses, musical instruments etc etc) when they travel overseas.

There are plenty of speculation and links on the web ofcourse but we have witnessed the Hollywood & Politics connection in the past several times before/after elections.

Godlikeproductions is not necessarily a credible website but here is a link about discussion from people like you and me.

LINK
edit on 1-12-2011 by hp1229 because: add content.

edit on 1-12-2011 by hp1229 because: add content.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The thing is with China, nobody really knows the exact number except China. What we do know, apart from China loves to build 15 odd empty cities a year, is their sizeable armies based on the borders of their neighbours. However, it would not shock me to learn that they have 3000 nukes. However what will destroy China, is China. China's economy is going to come down all of a sudden and in a bang, just the other day they cut their reserve requirements for their banks in panic over the growth of their economy slowing down at a rapid rate! The unrest from Chinese workers is increasing and spreading, cost of living is rising as real inflation is swiftly heading towards the 15%-20% bracket. It's taxes on business are massive 70% (a Communist's dream), but this, along with a slow down in export (China relies massively on exporting) has meant an increasing number of businesses are going under and an increasing number of workers going under with them. China's GDP is based on it building dozens of cities with population numbers at zero, this will dry up and rather than these near on 10% growth increases, the actual figure will be more than likely be negative as personal spending is a very low percentage of their GDP.

Economically, China is more of a threat to the world than in any military sense. I do believe China could go the same way as USSR and that is to collapse and create smaller states. I believe as unrest spreads this unrest becomes even more impossible to control, especially as resources become engulfed in crushing the unrest. I think people will want to seperate from the suppression of the Chinese state, there are many cultures throughout China who would give it all to have their own state. I think China must take this path or the path of democracy, or at least the so called democracy of the Western World. However that could in turn present the reality of China and I think the reality of China, much as the USSR, is that actually China is based on nothing more than perception and is not the mighty force that we all percieve it to be.

Nobody knows what China is thinking and what plans it may have in place, it may fall apart as the USSR did or it may figure that the only way to expand is through conquest. One thing is for sure, China's rise to percieved prosperity was rapid and unheard of, it's collapse, in what could be a little over a generation or two from its rise, could be just as dramatic. However, I honestly do believe that no matter what, there are people who have become billionaires in China, pretty much everyone at the top, whatever happens, they would more than likely want out with their wealth in tact than risk it all in a military conflict that could potentially destroy the world.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I for one welcome our new Chinese masters and bow to their great wisdom

(Just in case the Chinese Goverment are following this post
)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I for one welcome our new Chinese masters and bow to their great wisdom

(Just in case the Chinese Goverment are following this post
)

Sorry, I've been paving the way for our Chinese overlords for a while now.

And I call top bunk in the FEMA camps!!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I remember the late Carl Sagan one stated that a strike of 200 warheads could effectively destroy the united states. I think if the missiles ever start flying, there won't be a safe place on the planet after its over. Fallout and disease would certainly kill the survivors. The Russians have admitted to possessing a weaponized form of smallpox to be carried on mirv warheads to kill anyone who managed to survive a nuke strike. I am sure all the powers have all kind of suprise goodies like that which would make such a war global suicide (as if it werent already). So 3000 isn't any worse than 30.
edit on 1-12-2011 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
China won't attack the west until their sure they can defeat it on the first attempt. They know they won't get a second chance. And as far as, "They won't attack us, we owe them too much money." goes, wiping out the U.S., the main obstacle, to expanding westward would be a small price to pay.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by korath
China won't attack the west until their sure they can defeat it on the first attempt. They know they won't get a second chance. And as far as, "They won't attack us, we owe them too much money." goes, wiping out the U.S., the main obstacle, to expanding westward would be a small price to pay.

You are right, they wont attack the west directly, unless they are attacked.

China will work covertly with proxies to attack the west and the USA, that makes them even more dangerous, ultimately.

The perception of stalemate and economic cooperation has been a very exploitable asset for the Chinese.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Yup I agree.
Also don't forget that the Chinese are one of the oldest civilizations on the planet and they do say with age comes wisdom.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Rothschild is the true overlord of the western civilisation.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by USAisdevil

Ok ...but I didn't even ask about him did I and why is that to do with the OP?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join