It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's nuclear arsenal could be up to FORTY times bigger than thought

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Xcathdra

Does anybody reading this remember this little bit of excitement?

Maybe it needs to be investigated?
Mysterious Missile Launch Over California . The prevailing theory at the time was that China had brought one of it's Nuclear missile sub in close and fired a missile away from the US out over the Pacific. There was even a follow up thread posted by Skeptic Overlord on the topic here The California Missile Was A "Message" From China (update: possible hoax)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Great point..
Do we have any evidence of how long these tunnel's are and also is it even possible with any technology that anyone knows about on here?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
They are obsolete against the USA.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jcord

What are? the nuke's or the tunnels explain your post please

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hi Slayer...always enjoy your threads...in relation to the reduction of nuclear arsenals on the part of America and Russia...do you think they count only those in silo's or do they include cruise missles onboard ships...subs...and carried on a/c ?

While I believe we have reduced that what is counted...ie missles in silo's...I think everyone has been moving toward more strategic types of nukes...those fired from subs and a/c and cruise missle from drones and ships...so maybe the arsenal has actually increased...just long range capacity may decreased as far as intercontinental capability

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the funny thing is, china has a population of 1.3 billion, america has 300 million. china has over 320 million fit for military duty.

just crunching numbers, it is more likely china could wipe out every single american citizen rather than the other way around.

i wouldn't be surprised if in 10 years china has 25,000 nuclear warheads. they don't worry what cnn will say about them or worry if they sexually harassed 5 women.

they'll launch a missile at every square mile of u.s. territory.

I wouldn't be surprised if in 10 years we would have systems that could render China's ICBMs and SLBMs obsolete, we are already well on that path.

Plus here's a few combat multipliers, at least the public ones, to think about:

1. Machines: Within 10 years the US military will field a massive number of drones, including humanoid ones that never sleep, get hungry or sick. They will not stop until the enemy is terminated.

2. Exoskeletons: Within 10 years, the US military will operate a large number of combat exoskeletons, giving a grunt on the ground the firepower and durability of a light armored vehicle.

3. Positronic Weapons: They have the potential to make nuclear weapons look like firecrackers, yet they themselves may be only the size of a firecracker. 1 gram of the stuff can produce an energy release multiple times larger than a Hiroshima type nuclear weapon. The concept was made public in 2004.
defensetech.org...

4. Military Spaceplanes: DARPA Project FALCON (Force Application and Launch from Continental United States) publicly began in 2003, its goal is the development of a craft that can be launched from the US into space and rapidly reach any nation on earth from orbit. SUSTAIN (Small Unit Space Transport and Insertion) and DARPA Project Hot Eagle is a concept that was announced in 2002, its goal is to take elite units of personnel and insert them from orbit anywhere on earth.

These are real force multipliers, unlike 320 million mouths to feed and transport, most who would not even have weapons or ammunition.

You take those 300 million Chinese infantry, most armed with sabres, up against a high tech force of essentially "Terminators" and "Mobile Infantry" who can insert from space, the results will look like a human meatgrinder.

edit on 30/11/11 by MikeboydUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
My goodness the Chinese are full of surprises! Just like a fortune cookie. Please excuse the sarcasm, but hearing this news just makes me cringe. I said on another thread that China is operating on all cylinders. They are running a full court press. I wonder what China's neighbors are going think about this? Could this lead to an arms race in the Pacific? If this report by the college students in Slayer's OP can be confirmed by actual intelligence? Then it looks as though China is gearing up for a Cold War?

As the US happily cashed China's checks and welcomed their wares at various ports, the Chinese have conducted themselves with a hostile and belligerent manner in secret. What is even more morose is the fact that the US is indirectly funding this alleged nuclear build-up with payment on the interest for Chinese loans and the hordes of consumers splurging on Chinese junk at big box stores. I am not going to get skittish about this report, because it is a student project comprised of readily available public information that they have compiled from various sources on the internet and elsewhere. It's not like looking at U2 photos of Soviet tactical nukes on Cuba in the sixties. With that said, I think it is time for the politicians and those in the defense establishment to wise-up and begin looking upon our Chinese business partners with an ounce of caution and skepticism. Great find Slayer! Get out the sunglasses, sunscreen, and the marshmellows!

edit on 30-11-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It seems like focus has been taken off the middle east (withdrawal of troops etc) and out of the blue, Obama's down here visiting a new base in Darwin where the US intends to rotate troops and going on about "our friendship with Australia", kind of like making a point "if you touch this country, you deal with us and other way around. It's like they know something or expect something to happen. With China and India being the world's most populated countries, eventually they will either have to cull their own people or move in somewhere else. Australia is effing huge with only 20 million people and a wonderful climate (so far). If I was gonna take over any country it would be here. S & F.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Mutual and Balanced Force Reduction (MBFR)...
verify, then trust.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Holy #e, I just had a thought, maybe they are planning to attack via tunnels throughout the earth, and spring up from the nearest hole in the ground and say "herro, we here to take your countary"

edit on 30-11-2011 by Arielmoon because: spelling boo boo

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Neat little Pic of how the Chinese move them around......

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Hey thanks.

This just keeps getting better and better by the second.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

NP.

Kind of hard,to target those actually.

Looks like they have these networked,throughout the whole country. You only do this for offensive purposes.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Precisely Why USA is pursuing biological weaponry via big pharma corps.Remember SARS china.Try attack America and NATO will unleash much worse bio weaponry than that.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Many things happen on the global scene for a reason that we, the average citizenry of the world would not have a clue about.

This is only what has been leaked....how do we know that there is even more damning information that hasnt been released because the threat is that real to the west that the public outcry would be for immediate action?

What if our leaders are not ready yet for immediate action and need another 6 months or 12 months to get their troops/resources in place before releasing this damning evidence?

as previously mentioned....Chinese behaviour is of an offensive nature...why else would you have tunnels to hide major weponary all over your country....how do we know China hasnt fully armed North Korea?

Burma has been chasing nuclear weapons for years now and North Korea has been helping them, both these smaller nations also have major underground tunnels systems to hide their weaponary.....

These 3 nations could easily overtake and annex south east asia without too much resistance should they wish....Homefront is not just a computer game....it CAN happen for real.

South East Asia would become Greater China.....bordering Australia on the south, India and Russiato the west and north.

China would sacrifice Pakistan to cripple India....its influence in the area could easily increase 3 fold or more.

Obama wasnt here to only to get cuddly with Julia.....the nature of the meeting was a direct warning.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
What are they doing with the waste? And how are they planning to protect the reactors when the energy grid fails?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Arielmoon

Nope that's where the Chinese restaurants with the giant buffets come in...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by nenothtu

Look that was just a saying ok? but Iam sure that if every nuclear bomb was fired around the world it would mean the end of the world, because we wouldn't be here.

Baloney.

Yes It wouldnt blow up like this www.youtube.com... I didn't mean it like that and you know it.
But we wouldn't be here, it would be the end of our civilization and many many other species on the planet.
And if it wasn't the end well would you really want to live in it.

Baloney.

But I don't think it will happen I do have faith in humanity I think no is so stupid to fire one even though so many religious types seem to want the "End of Days" to happen.

Why do people have to drag religion into every losing argument in lieu of ration, reason, and facts?

Heres a good link
news.softpedia.com...
So according to these guy's even a regional nuclear war would destroy the planet.
So your statement that I quote "There are not enough nukes in ALL arsenals to destroy the Earth even once" is wrong. Who is showing their ignorance now?

Baloney.

Do your homework before spouting nonsense.

I can't help it if those guys are fear-mongering liars too. Nothing they said is new, it's the same old regurgitated BS propaganda that they used to scare kids way back when.

Do some research, find the answers. You'll see what a bunch of fear mongering liars they are then, and that will make you wonder WHY they are lying - what it is they have to gain by scaring people like you into submission.

A good place to start is to find out what nuclear weapons can actually DO, rather than what the fear mongers speaking through the popular press want you to THINK they can do.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Id say its exactly as big as the GOV knows it is. And we do. The PUBLIC may not have suspected...but believe it....undercover, we know exactly what they got and where it is. Dont kid yourself.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChachiArcola

No hyperbole for fear mongering at all, but thanks for your assumption.

It wasn't an "assumption", it was an assessment of what you plainly stated.

But, the question still stands. Why have more than you need? I think the answer of throwing as many as you can at the shield in hopes a few get through would be the best explanation here so far.

How many do YOU think are "needed", and how far are you down the chain of command to make that determination? Wouldn't the necessity of punching through a missile shield increase the "need" for numbers?

And you really don't think there are enough nukes world wide to destroy the planet? I really think there is.....or at least enough to destroy all life on the planet.

"Think"? No. It's a technological assessment of what nukes are capable of. If you are of a technological bent and can understand the physics of it, see "The Effects of Nuclear Weapons" for an objective assessment of what nukes can and can't do. Be warned, there are equations to deal with, which explain the results of the testing programs.

But, this is just a thought or theory from me, not proof or evidence. But your comment you state as fact. Any facts or proof on that comment since you are so sure?

Absoultely.

The Effects of Nuclear Weapons

A highly condensed version

The Effects of Nuclear War. Office of Technology Assessment, 1979.

More where those came from, but that's a good starter kit.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join