It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Birnes Comment: UFO Hunters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Dear Cosmic911

As a matter of interest in 1966, I was 14 years old and a friend of mine had heard of it and that was in England.

So what I am saying is the story was known at that time, however not by me.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I wonder why the base said anything at all. If it was a Mogul balloon it probably wouldn't have taken more than about a dozen soldiers and a 2-1/2 ton truck to pick up the not-very-sensitive balloons and the secret payload. Then about all they would had to do is keep Mac Brazel quiet and there wouldn't have been much more to it. That and the base seemed to call in a lot support from town for a unmanned balloon grounding.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
My favorite Bill Birnes moment was when he told that guy that he was a Hybrid.

Pure gold.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyebeam
I wonder why the base said anything at all. If it was a Mogul balloon it probably wouldn't have taken more than about a dozen soldiers and a 2-1/2 ton truck to pick up the not-very-sensitive balloons and the secret payload. Then about all they would had to do is keep Mac Brazel quiet and there wouldn't have been much more to it. That and the base seemed to call in a lot support from town for a unmanned balloon grounding.

I think you nailed it right, and I often ask myself that same question...was that a typical response for each Mogul balloon? Seems excessive, regardless of the project's classification. You think the townsfolk would have noticed recovery efforts by the Army if they responded like that with each balloon recovery.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
My favorite Bill Birnes moment was when he told that guy that he was a Hybrid.

Pure gold.

That was shocking! Even for Bill! I genuinely like the guy, but man, between him and Gorgios on Ancient Aliens, has anything happened on earth that was not "Because of Aliens?" Haha

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear Cosmic911

As a matter of interest in 1966, I was 14 years old and a friend of mine had heard of it and that was in England.

So what I am saying is the story was known at that time, however not by me.

Thanks for your reply and input. So I guess the story really was out there. Cool.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

Actually here it shows how you people get manipulated by TV, don't you have your own opinion based on the witnesses as if you were part of Burnes' team?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

Actually here it shows how you people get manipulated by TV, don't you have your own opinion based on the witnesses as if you were part of Burnes' team?

As far as witness testimony, it's too subjective and qualitative, and thus unreliable. A witness may honestly believe what they saw was the truth but that truth may be so far from the truth that you've done 180. Even the most credible of witnesses may be wrong.
edit on 1-12-2011 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

As a very old UFOer, I must say, "You've got to be kidding or very ignorant of the history of UFOs as documented in many works along the way..

Good Lord, are you suggesting that nobody believed that Roswell was a legitimate event until Friedman and others jumped on the bandwagon?

This thread just goes to show how history can be forgotten and dis-remembered by the youngers. --I assume you have honest intentions here and are not up to some Newspeak tactic.

Good Lord, how old are you?

I think you're right about history being forgotten over time. In addition to that, the older I get, I find the gap between the what's been written in our history books and what's the truth extremely "disturbing."

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

As far as witness testimony, it's too subjective and qualitative, and thus unreliable. A witness may honestly believe what they saw was the truth but that truth may be so far from the truth that you've done 180. Even the most credible of witnesses may be wrong.

Some could be wrong, even pilots could be wrong but everybody from the trained people cannot be wrong.. Plus there is enough data to show there are flying objects that cannot be identified

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Bill sells a Magazine! He also had a TV show. I do not dispute the incident back then. I just would appreciate for Bill to lend a bit of credence to his statements and assumptions.....as EVERYTHING he sees he classifies as an ALIEN COVERUP.

This does not mean...that is not going on....it's just he comes off a bit to enthusiastic. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by thepainweaver
I know nothing about Bill Birnes, but I do know that words "he holds a law degree and received his B.A. from New York" is a very vague and misleading statement. It makes it sound like he is a lawyer or something people would see as "credible" or "intelligible". His B.A. is probably in public law or something.
You probably could have stopped at "I know nothing about Bill Birnes", that much appears to be true.

He has a PhD so he doesn't need to try to impress anyone with his BA.

No need to be a herpderp, as I was just deducing from what was written on his wikipedia page.... If he doesn't need to impress anyone with his BA, then why is there more information on that degree than his graduate degree on wiki? Most people wouldn't even mention a BA in that case because people are more interested in the latter cause the former is assumed when you hold a higher level degree, and the PhD is what holds the real prestige (or lack thereof).

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

Originally posted by Cosmic911

Some could be wrong, even pilots could be wrong but everybody from the trained people cannot be wrong.. Plus there is enough data to show there are flying objects that cannot be identified

I agree with you that expert testimony is most credible, however, here's where the obsfucation of disinformation muddies the water.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thepainweaver

No need to be a herpderp

Herpderp! This is awesome! What's a herpderp?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This guy is such an idiot.

Here is a realistic example of what this guys says.

There was a rock slide...Bill Birnes - 'Oh you know what caused the rock slide? Blueberries. Because blueberries can fall and hit the dirt, causing it to slide.'

Freaking idiot says anything to solve a mystery - but what he says is always the opposite of the witnesses, and is totally ridiculous to those who have researched, but he knows the gullible new generation believes every bit of it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join