It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Birnes Comment: UFO Hunters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I was watching UFO Hunters today and Bill Birnes made an interesting comment that I thought was strange. The episode is called "The Real Roswell."

I'm paraphrasing here, but he basically said, "I've always been interested in Roswell, even as a kid." I thought thisi comment was weird because the Roswell Incident didn't "really" break out until Stanton Friedman exposed the story in 1978. Bill certainly wasn't a kid in 1978. Was he recalling the incident from memories as a kid? If so, then I guess his statement is not all that odd. Does anyone know if he grew up in that area? Would he have known about the incident growing up?

According to Wiki-

He holds a law degree and received a B.A. from New York University in 1966

So, let's say he was 20 years old in 1966, in 1947 he would have been around 1 years old, right? And wouldn't the story have died down by the time he would have been interested in it? How well-known was the Roswell Incident in the 1950's or 1960's?

Am I reading more into his statement than I really should be?

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
He would have been in his mid to late 20's to have finished a law degree, they take 3 or 4 years so he was probably closer to 7 or 8 or maybe a little older and kids were crazy about space back in those days, plus the older you get the older you perception of 'kids' is, i look at 20 year olds and often consider them kids.
edit on 30-11-2011 by Raivan31 because: put the wrong ages in.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
roswell was reported in local papers the same week it happened "roswell daily record 1947"

raaf captures flying saucer on ranch in roswell region

www.ufodigest.com...
edit on 30-11-2011 by dashdespatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
He would have been in his mid to late 20's to have finished a law degree, they take 3 or 4 years so he was probably closer to 7 or 8 or maybe a little older and kids were crazy about space back in those days, plus the older you get the older you perception of 'kids' is, i look at 20 year olds and often consider them kids.
edit on 30-11-2011 by Raivan31 because: put the wrong ages in.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I sure that's all it was.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
roswell was reported in local papers the same week it happened "roswell daily record 1947"

raaf captures flying saucer on ranch in roswell region

Yeah, I know that. They recanted that statement only days later. They changed that headline and story several times. I guess I'm wondering how far that story might have gone in 1947, especially to areas not immediately around? Was it common knowledge?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Birnes was probably talking about when he was working with MJ-12 and they used Roswell technology to jump back in time to help stabilize the Philadelphia Experiment, and he visited his boyhood self and told him all about UFOs in the future.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

it was later denyed but once the cat was out of the bag word spread

static.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Birnes was probably talking about when he was working with MJ-12 and they used Roswell technology to jump back in time to help stabilize the Philadelphia Experiment, and he visited his boyhood self and told him all about UFOs in the future.

And now I'm cross-eyed from thinking bout that paradox!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

Originally posted by Blue Shift

And now I'm cross-eyed from thinking bout that paradox!

That's probably why Bill blinks so much.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
But a lot of people remembered Roswell and remained suspicious and talked about it, especially during the 1952 flap and again with the "swamp gas" buzz, etc. before Stanton Friedman first talked to Jesse Marcel and got his investigation going. I'm sure a lot of people had at least heard of it before the '70s.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Growing up I tore through just about every UFO book there was. As I started trying to research further, I found the field was full of either wide-eyed believers or P.T. Barnum conmen.

I loved the researchers that piqued my curiosity with sourced and investigated material.

I learned to loathe the ones that told oft-repeated tales regurgitated from iffy sources and full of inaccuracies.

Bill Birnes isn't of the conman ilk in my book just yet, but he is one of the wide-eyed believers that will pretty much swallow whole any fishy-smelling UFO tale.

He's entertainment not substance. Where's Jacques Vallee when you need him?

Did Birnes remember the newspaper reports from childhood? Maybe. Or maybe it's a false memory from years and years of UFO tales and conferences.

Thing is: He seems a nice enough guy, but I wouldn't trust his assertions about any UFO story without some serious fact-checking of my own. Peace.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I think he was just trying to convey how he has been interested for a long time in the event. Personally I think he meant when Stanton Friedman brought the issue back up in the 70's. Regardless, good point from the OP.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
He should be careful not to find any hoaxing ideas but I think the
series was canceled when finding out too much in other areas.
Roswell has to be the often repeated hoax to eliminate man's
awareness of free energy science. It is very important to the
science cartels to continue to present to the masses that we are
mystified by the Roswell events.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Birnes was born 7 November 1944. Roswell was a big flap in its day, and it was well known to UFO enthusiasts.

On Roswell two FBI files, one is related to the immediate time, and is definitely Roswell related, and is difficult to guage in that it contains vastly differing opinions,

www.theblackvault.com...

and this one posted by the Daily Mail, which is early 1950, deals with crashed or recovered saucers and beings and does not mention Roswell or anywhere specific, and does not mention dates either, (except the date of the file),

www.dailymail.co.uk...

One or both are FAO FBI, from Guy Hottel.
Interestingly, the Daily Mail may have covered Roswell at the time.
edit on 30-11-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

As a very old UFOer, I must say, "You've got to be kidding or very ignorant of the history of UFOs as documented in many works along the way..

Good Lord, are you suggesting that nobody believed that Roswell was a legitimate event until Friedman and others jumped on the bandwagon?

This thread just goes to show how history can be forgotten and dis-remembered by the youngers. --I assume you have honest intentions here and are not up to some Newspeak tactic.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I've finished UFO Hunters Season 3 with the last episode of Area 52 and I agree Burnes is taking everything instantly as aliens. The skeptical guy Kevin was fine and the o ther guy, they could work better together with less of a believer, someome who is more objective, And they need to go deeper in the stories, idk why no Season 4.

I imagine at as the gus that change each season, just got tired of all things and nothing, so Burnes had to stop it, or is it a secret call from MIB or authorities for entering restricted area liek Dugway, Dulce alleged territory, Area 51?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I think he was being sincere.

The day after the incident there were newspaper reports. They were later retracted as the military claimed it was a baloon etc......

There were radio reports afterward that claimed a saucer crashed. I imagine that if I were a child and my old man had the radio on, that I would be interested too. It's interesting stuff.

I also think he is a borderline idiot. The episode that sealed the deal for me was when he thought the one young man was a hybrid. He even went so far as to tell the guy he is a hybrid! He fought outside with the other red haired fellow about it. I nearly urintated all over myself in laughter when the other guy yelled at him - "YOU CAN'T TELL HIM HE'S A HYBRID, BILL!!!"

Great television,......................awful awful science

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I know nothing about Bill Birnes, but I do know that words "he holds a law degree and received his B.A. from New York" is a very vague and misleading statement. It makes it sound like he is a lawyer or something people would see as "credible" or "intelligible". His B.A. is probably in public law or something.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

My assessment of Bill Birnes is similar to yours. Well said!

Originally posted by thepainweaver
I know nothing about Bill Birnes, but I do know that words "he holds a law degree and received his B.A. from New York" is a very vague and misleading statement. It makes it sound like he is a lawyer or something people would see as "credible" or "intelligible". His B.A. is probably in public law or something.
You probably could have stopped at "I know nothing about Bill Birnes", that much appears to be true.

He has a PhD so he doesn't need to try to impress anyone with his BA.

Originally posted by Aliensun

As a very old UFOer, I must say, "You've got to be kidding or very ignorant of the history of UFOs as documented in many works along the way..

Good Lord, are you suggesting that nobody believed that Roswell was a legitimate event until Friedman and others jumped on the bandwagon?

This thread just goes to show how history can be forgotten and dis-remembered by the youngers. --I assume you have honest intentions here and are not up to some Newspeak tactic.
That's the way the tale is told to us young whipper-snappers who weren't around at the time, but if you know better please set the record straight, with sources if possible.

The tale we are told is that when the story was rescinded and people were told it was just a balloon, that most people believed the explanation and that back then there wasn't as much mistrust of the government and the military. I'm sure a few people didn't buy it but then a few people still don't believe that Elvis is dead so I'm not sure how much weight to give that?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

I also think he is a borderline idiot. The episode that sealed the deal for me was when he thought the one young man was a hybrid. He even went so far as to tell the guy he is a hybrid! He fought outside with the other red haired fellow about it. I nearly urintated all over myself in laughter when the other guy yelled at him - "YOU CAN'T TELL HIM HE'S A HYBRID, BILL!!!"

Great television,......................awful awful science

I remember what you're talking about, it was a season 1 episode. However, this is where some people don't take the useful out of a show that has some truth and usefulness in the investigation. Instead of listening to what Burnes said, listen to what the other say.

There was one witness in that episode, I think afro-american, he said a guy from the military smiled and the military whispered/told him something that they already have contact with ETs.. And now I do not agree that everyone is making up story, I don't think the military was joking based on the data that exists about possible entities existing here i mean from all cases and such.

Also in the Season 3 episode about the star child skill, Burnes said it must have been a several generations hybrid to lose his alien features and to look human. Which is example of he goes a little far in belief, yet like I said you've got to be listening to the witnesses, not these guys

Actually here it shows how you people get manipulated by TV, don't you have your own opinion based on the witnesses as if you were part of Burnes' team?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join