It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In regards to "The Virgin Mary"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
In no way am I offering any disrespect.
But there are so many that refer to the virgin mary such as apparitions and prayer and the like.
Why?
Should we not refer to her as Mary, Jesus mother?
She did not die a virgin, right?
I do believe she gave birth to the Son of God without the knowledge of a man.
But she gave birth to other children after she gave birth to the Son of God.
So, she was not a virgin after Joseph fathered children with her.
She is not deity, just a very special and humble girl that was chosen by Yah.
Where am I wrong here?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
She probably never existed to begin with, so it's probably best to not get too worked up about it.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
They do so because they think she was chosen by God to be his mother ! so, she is blessed. Absolutely wrong.

I do not believe she gave birth to the Son of God. She gave birth to a child.

According to the trinitarian belief, Prophet Jesus (pbuh) is described as being uncreated and having powers equal to those of God. (Surely God is beyond that!) The fact is, however, that this false concept is a terrible slander in the face of the monotheistic faith revealed by our Lord to the prophets. As the Qur'an states:

God, there is no deity but Him, the Living, the Self-Sustaining. He is not subject to drowsiness or sleep. Everything in the heavens and Earth belongs to Him. Who can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them, but they cannot grasp any of His knowledge save what He wills. His Footstool encompasses the heavens and Earth, and their preservation does not tire Him. He is the Most High, the Magnificent. (Surat al-Baqara: 255)

Our Lord is the only deity and ruler. All the universe, everything, living or not, in the heavens and Earth, animals, plants and inanimate objects, all belong to Him, for He is the One Who created them. Everything acts in accordance with His decree and exists for as long as He wills. He feeds and nourishes all living things, turns the night dark, makes the Sun bright, and creates the seasons. He created all human beings that have lived and that will ever live, and so they all owe their existence to God and depend upon Him totally.

The prophets that He sent to humanity are also servants created by Him to guide their people and follow His decree so that they may serve as models to humanity. Among them is Prophet Jesus (pbuh), a servant created by God, a worthy messenger of high esteem (Surah Al 'Imran: 45). Indeed, God says this of Prophet Jesus (pbuh):

The Messiah would never disdain to be a servant to God, nor would the angels near to Him. If any do disdain to worship Him and grow arrogant, He will in any case gather them all to Him. (Surat an-Nisa': 172)

Maryam is a role model for all Muslim women because she maintained her impeccable character throughout her life. Allah raised her like a lovely plant, to use the Qur'an's expression, and gave her a very important responsibility. Allah chose her, just as He chose 'Imran's family, made her one person in this lineage of the most devout and faithful people, and had her raised by these virtuous people.

He then gave her the character of a chosen and superior Prophet by entrusting her education to Prophet Zakariyya (as). When she reached this level of maturity, Allah began to show her His miracles, and she clearly saw His grace, protection, and mercy upon herself. One example of this support and grace was that she found food on the altar whenever she worshipped Him. Later on, Allah introduced her to Jibril, who told her about Allah's grace on her with his own words.
www.harunyahya.com...
www.harunyahya.com...
edit on 30-11-2011 by Anonymousman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Immaculate conception and perpetual virginity have been passed down by the apostles. By denying her the title of Mother of God, you are denying the deity of Jesus, who is God. Her body will never be found because Jesus took her to heaven. If you've done any reading on her you would find out that she is the woman clothed with the sun. She is the mother of all Christians because we share a sibling relationship with Jesus, became children of the Father.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Sounds a lot like Semiramis to me.

She was the mother of Nimrod who claimed that her son Tammuz was immaculately conceived, and was the rebirth or reincarnation of Nimrod. Immaculate conception is a very old pagan idea.

Easter (Ishtar) is the yearly celebration of this immaculate conception, among other things.
edit on 11/30/2011 by Klassified because: spelling

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Immaculate conception and perpetual virginity have been passed down by the apostles. By denying her the title of Mother of God, you are denying the deity of Jesus, who is God. Her body will never be found because Jesus took her to heaven. If you've done any reading on her you would find out that she is the woman clothed with the sun. She is the mother of all Christians because we share a sibling relationship with Jesus, became children of the Father.

Hmmm, I have read the bible front to back many times, I never read where it said she was taken to heaven. Also how was she a perpetual virgin if she had other children as the bible clearly states? Were her other children immaculately conceived as well? If so how come Jesus is the only on mentioned to be the son of god?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Sola Scriptura is a false teaching. How can only teaching by scriptures be true? Think about it. The bible wasn't even written until later on. So where did the Christians get their dogma from? Why is it scripture alone if the world was illiterate for a thousand years or so? Even Paul said you must learn by not just scripture. It is also written that Jesus did many things that wasn't written. I had a great website that explains the problem with saying bible alone and which defends the virginity of Mary but cannot find it. Mary did not have other children. Why would Mary go to live in another disciple's home if she had other children who could look after her?

Anyway:

socrates58.blogspot.com...

www.catholicculture.org...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by calstorm

Sola Scriptura is a false teaching. How can only teaching by scriptures be true? Think about it. The bible wasn't even written until later on. So where did the Christians get their dogma from? Why is it scripture alone if the world was illiterate for a thousand years or so? Even Paul said you must learn by not just scripture. It is also written that Jesus did many things that wasn't written. I had a great website that explains the problem with saying bible alone and which defends the virginity of Mary but cannot find it. Mary did not have other children. Why would Mary go to live in another disciple's home if she had other children who could look after her?

Anyway:

socrates58.blogspot.com...

www.catholicculture.org...

On the sibling issue, I have read that the words for brother and cousin are hard to distinguish. So a brother of Jesus can also be a cousin or half brother of Jesus.
edit on 2-12-2011 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I found a better site that explains it with scripture and writings of the early church fathers.

John 19:25 - the following verses prove that James and Joseph are Jesus' cousins and not his brothers: Mary the wife of Clopas is the sister of the Virgin Mary.

Matt. 27:61, 28:1 - Matthew even refers to Mary the wife of Clopas as "the other Mary."

Matt. 27:56; Mark 15:47 - Mary the wife of Clopas is the mother of James and Joseph.

Mark 6:3 - James and Joseph are called the "brothers" of Jesus. So James and Joseph are Jesus' cousins.

Matt. 10:3 - James is also called the son of "Alpheus." This does not disprove that James is the son of Clopas. The name Alpheus may be Aramaic for Clopas, or James took a Greek name like Saul (Paul), or Mary remarried a man named Alpheus.

www.scripturecatholic.com...-IV

top topics

join