It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators Who Voted "Yay" to Detain Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
ATSers....16 Senators Voted for the National Defense Authorization Act...and here they are....if these Ant-American/Anti-Constitutional scum are in your district tell your neighbors and VOTE THEM OUT!!!

The 16 who voted for the harsh detainee rules were Sens. Bob Casey (Pa.), Kent Conrad (N.D.), Kay Hagan (N.C.), Daniel Inouye (Hawaii), Herb Kohl (Wis.), Mary Landrieu (La.), Carl Levin (Mich.), Joe Manchin (W. Va.), Clair McCaskill (Mo.), Robert Menendez (N.J.), Ben Nelson (Neb.), Mark Pryor (Ark.), Jack Reed (R.I.), Jeanne Shaheen (N.H.), Debbie Stabenow (Mich.) and Sheldon Whitehouse (R.I.). National defense hawk and independent Sen. Joe Lieberman (Conn.) also voted in favor of the tougher language.

FYI...I'm in CT and I'm gonna spread the word about the troll Lieberman and his wicked,hatred toward the People of America!!!

Here is the article from the Huffington Post:

Article

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomKnight

That's only a list of the Democrats who voted with the Republicans to pass this bill. This is a sad day to be an American.

Hopefully, Obama will veto this as promised. I can't stand him most of the time but, at least he's on the side of the American people this time.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Okay - first of all it should be obvious there is a problem with the OP because you can't pass the Senate with 16 votes. These were the Democratic and Independent votes IN ADDITION to all the Republicans who voted for it. The very source you reference spells it out - 61 votes - not 16.

In my mind, this is one of the most potentially egregious pieces of legislation in our lifetime. It deserves ALL the attention within these forums that it can get. But please, lets not start with partisan politics or misunderstood quotes and numbers.

This is serious folks. Let's bring our A game.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Vote out ALL Republican Senators that voted for this. Look closely at the Democrats, not just on this issue, but ALL of them. Often, when a bill is pretty much guaranteed to pass, some in congress that secretly want it, will vote against it because they know it will pass anyway. So, you have to look at their record.
But, the Senate is loaded with Republican traitors.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Wow, yeah that is just sick. There needs to be a time frame and a due process. Lets not head back to McCarthyism.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Ya he is all talk. I hope he does but he wont. He likes this bill are you kidding me.

This allows them to make anyone including you and me to disappear without justice.

Well his only problem is that we have family and the ACLU and just like his healthcare scheme to get the dems rich to win another election it will fail.They are all so greedy and will be brought to justice eventually as they have all perfomed treason against the people and agianst the constitution. To even bring this bill up is anti constitution. Ron paul should be all over this BUT PEOPLE YOU KNOW WHAT. No one will touch it with a ten foot poll.

This is what people forget sometimes.

You screw up and cheat? You will be brought to justice one way or another.

And if you create some fakokta law to oppress us the people.

Some day you will be brough to justice by We The People.

This we will never forget. And someday you will remeber.
edit on 30-11-2011 by Rocky Black because: Typos

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
the other 45 please.

second

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Let it pass. Let it be signed into law.

All of this fence-sitting on total totalitarianism is getting old.

Maybe the shooting war can be finished before my kids have to fight it.

Here's the rest of them: www.senate.gov...
edit on 30-11-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I mailed a link of the Gov , web site voting record to the local news paper and then mailed my Senator leting him know I will vote against him next election / as will everyone I know.

A very bad day here indeed for history,

one more nail in the coffin of Freedom.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

I apologize....I was quick with the results...here is a link from GovTrack on the voting outcome:

NDAA Voting by State

All the "Nay's" are for those who are FOR detaining American's without charge or trial.

Again, sorry for the inaccuarate report..this just FIRES me up!!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Time for each of these tools to be issued their pink slips. Fire them all!

Anti American swine who should be flipping burgers at McD then dictating things like national policy and international security.

(paragraph directed squarely at those who constantly vote these rejects in)
Whoever does not vote out each and every spineless reject automatically forfeits all rights to complain when things go south from now on out. There will no longer be any distinctions made, no more illusions, no more games between those that continually vote in these swine and the swine themselves. In 5 yrs when it is your family member being detained I do not want to hear jack squat from you about this as you voted them in, you voted in Anti Americanism into our Congress, you will have no one to blame but yourselves! The 2012 House elections and the next Senate elections vote each and everyone of them out.

The time to stand up for America and all she stands for is now,

This however does not mean to replace on party with another but to delete all D-R-I-TP out of Washington and we all put in new people who haven't been bought and paid for. Heck, let's prop up The Green Party, The Constitution Party. Delete them all. Send the message that way, vote for the no namers because they've gotta be a helluva lot better then the corrupt and spineless crap we have today!
edit on 30-11-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Okay hold on a minute, has this thing passed or not ?

On the website linked, it says: "Vote Results: amendment rejected"

So does that mean the bill passed but some sort of amendment to it was rejected, or does it mean that the entire bill was rejected ?

Or am I completely confused and not understanding what I'm looking at ?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
Vote out ALL Republican Senators that voted for this.

I planned on voting out all of my Republican Senators anyway!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
the Senate is loaded with Republican traitors.

I nearly choked.

The senate up until the November elections, was in control by democraps under first half of Obama, and mostly under Bush. Those are the traitors...

The senate is still loaded with traitors ... but a Democrat majority.

I don't like this bill either but get your facts straight

edit on 30-11-2011 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Reply to post by CranialSponge

It looks sort of backwards at first.

The amendment was to fix the bill that would have us all round up. Failure of the amendment means the bill still sucks.

At least that's what Im getting from this mess.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

National Defense Authorization Act of 2011

Current status is that it has gone before a committee in The House (can't find no info on it, item number, text and other info).

Even if by some remote chance this passes the House this will die in The Senate.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

The Democrats were split on this amendment, while the Republicans were against it almost to a man. Rand Paul (R) led the charge for the amendment.
Yes, The Democrats are mostly traitors as well, that is why I asked people to actually check the voting records, don't rely on this vote alone.
I hope that clears it up for you.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
You may want to consider looking at the various, multiple discussion threads this bill has spawned in the last day or two.

If you do, please give some attention to the people who are actually citing or quoting the sections involved and showing why it is not the dangerous bill people here seem to think it is.

It gives no new authority for arrest beyond the 2001 law (Not the patriot act) and requires that, at the least, you have to perform a belligerent act against the US.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Problem with that is that any act like protesting could easily be conscrewed as a "belligerent act against the US" as the language in the law is too vague and doesn't clarify nor specify what is good.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Thank you for your reply and updating the thread with more information.

No need for apologies my friend. This is something well worth getting furious over. To say that this is a very big deal may be the understatement of the century.

edit on 11/30/2011 by Open2Truth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join