It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I cannot wait for December 2012!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
So many predictions have been made on this site, and on other sites concerning December 2012, that i can hardly wait to see what will happen.

It is just so strange that even for this year, and this very month (November) there has been so many predictions, yet nothing has come off any of it. It is my humble opinion that come Dec 2012, nothing will happen either. People will start getting ready for Christmas day, buy presents, put up trees etc etc.

The reason i am so excited is that this prediction can be put to sleep for once and all. Oh i am sure there will be many more after the date in question, but my god, at least this will be done and dusted.

Oh, and should something happen on that date, I will watch ATS to catch all the latest news regarding it. Lol, and i guess i will have to swollow my words in this post.

For now, I leave you with this:

vvv

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I cannot wait for December 2012!

Well, one way or the other... regardless of what (if anything) actually awaits us, I'll be pleased just to see the world survive its own insanity long enough to get beyond it.

I think there's some 7-8 billion of us who need a 12 month prescription for Valium... or at the very least, something else to occupy ourselves with.
edit on 30-11-2011 by redoubt because: typical typos

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hrm, i don't need a valium to calm down!! lol

It is all hype, and i do believe capatalism plays a role in driving the sales of all sorts of products related to 2012 too. Lots of money to be made at an apocalypse you know...

vvv

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

hey!

I agree! I cannot wait!
I’m so curious although I’m not a doom and gloom type of person...

From my findings (even though I'm no expert) I believe it’s just the magnetic fields shifting. Which will cause some disruptions on earth (like some more natural disasters)

But I don’t think the world will end.

edit on 30-11-2011 by AnotherHumanBeing because: spelt a word wrong

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
Hrm, i don't need a valium to calm down!! lol

It is all hype, and i do believe capatalism plays a role in driving the sales of all sorts of products related to 2012 too. Lots of money to be made at an apocalypse you know...

vvv

Capitalism is a concept. By itself, is neither good nor bad.
Greed is part of the human condition and it exists in all strata of concept.

So is insanity and political polarization.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Majority of the people probably wont make it that far unfortuantely.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
doom and gloom doom and gLOOM doom AND GLOOM DOOM AND GLOOM!!!!!! I love it. I don't think I would have come to ATS if it was not for the 2012 and survival forums. Too much fun to be had thinking about the world starting over, everyone getting a blank slate and everyone actually having to look after themselves. Love. It.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherHumanBeing

hey! I agree! I cannot wait!
im so curious althought im not a doom and gloom type of person...

We've planned (for several years now) to have a big New Year's Eve-like party on the night before.

I have a feeling that once this date has passed that:
A. We'll find another one to replace it.
B. We'll discover that our species doesn't need prophesy in order to inflict damage upon itself.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

where is the party?
~I like parties lol

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I vow to have all my bloody Christmas shopping done by then instead of the hair pulling I'm doing now.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Saying that though.. 2012 is the most heard of end of the world prediction ..not like these other ones that was supposed to happen this year.
2012 its a biggy lol

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherHumanBeing
reply to post by redoubt

where is the party?
~I like parties lol

Honestly?

Prolly on a small piece of land I own in rural Alabama... where there are plenty of stars visible, lots of privacy and curiously enough, electric outlets, running water and several utility buildings.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherHumanBeing
reply to post by redoubt

Saying that though.. 2012 is the most heard of end of the world prediction ..not like these other ones that was supposed to happen this year.
2012 its a biggy lol

I can't help but suspect that it will turn out to be a self-fulfilling prophesy. As the world currently stands, it looks highly probable that there will be a very large scale conflict erupting before more than a short march of time.

We are repeating so many of the mistakes we've made before and always just prior to a major war.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Wouldn't surprise me if terrorists made all the doom and gloomests dreams comes true....

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

yeh completely agree. it does feel like everything is about to kick off major style... everything feels so tense atm.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
What gets me about 2012 is all the tie-ins. I have always heard of the mayan calender date but lately I am hearing it being cited as part of all kinds of things from the I-Ching to Nostradamus. I have been watching Nostradamus shows for 25 years and never once has Dec 21 2012 ever ever been mentioned until recently. What a load of bs imo.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I like to think of this as gambling. A gambler never remembers the huge of amounts of money they lose. What they do remember are the few lucky times they won something. That spurs them on to more gambling losses.

2012 is similar. Every once in a while there might be a lucky guess (don't know of any off hand). On the other hand there are the obvious thousands of nitwit claims from YU55 being a hidden planet to rainbows in drinking water being a sign of HAARP interfering with the Euro prices and the blood of the baby tuna polluting our glaciers.

If enough monkeys type long enough they still may not be able to reproduce the wacko thoughts about 2012.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
They (the doomers) will find a Random Space Rock, Try to make a connection with a random earthquake and they will hype it up.

Sadly there are those who put all their eggs in the 2012 basket and have looking forward to this date since 2000, and maybe before then, they have fallen for the History channel exploiting their interest. When nothing happens, no aliens, no Ascending, no dimension rifts, no destruction and it turns out to be just another date.... there will be quite a few suicides.

Then there are those who like death and destruction and want the end of the world badly.

I want death and destruction, I want to be born again, I want this world to be born again

^actual quote

They will move on and hype up the next "destruction scenario".
edit on 30-11-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Because I can't wait for December 2012 either, I'm going to have my 2012 party on December 31, 2011!! I mean, hey, New Year's Eve is on a Saturday night this year, so for sure, people will be looking for something fun to do.

The other advantage of staging a New Year's Eve 2012 party at the end of December 2011 is that if the universe opens (or whatever) on December 21st, 2012, we won't miss out on the chance to party on down for 2012 in spite of it.

I did something similar years ago, for New Year's Eve, December 31, 1983. The following day being, of course, 1984. So how did that party turn out? Not only did everyone we invite show up, they brought their buddies as well. It was a complete mob scene, and I have the proof, because we had a video camera running the whole time in the living room. Our local newspaper editor found out about it; he came, and he had such a good time that he never wrote a word about it in the newspaper! (Some things you just don't want to share.) There is apparently nothing else quite like an End Of The World party. Even the people we invited that couldn't make it said with reverence, "That is a great idea." The downside? It was standing-room-only, although there was dance music on...but some folks managed to shake a leg anyway.

A lot of the ideas we used to set up the 1984 party are quite applicable for a 2012 party as well. Here are some examples:

Let's see, I think the cover of the invitation card was the following:

Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice, but everyone agrees the world will end in 1984 (change to 2012). So celebrate the coming apocalypse with us at our New Year's Eve party, and come dressed as one of the following: One of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, George Orwell. (etc.). [For 2012 you could add E.T., or your favorite shaman, etc.]

Inside the card for the 1984 party, we defined joke rules to be followed at the party, such as:

1) When you arrive at the party, you will be given a page with a 2-part number. The 1st number is your individual number (of course you have no name in 1984, just a number), the 2nd number is your family number so that you can look around at the party and see what other "family" members you have been assigned to.

2) The shower stall in the bathroom is the official political prison (complete with dry ice "fog"), where rule violaters must serve a 5- minute sentence for each violation of the rules they commit. (Jail time self-timed.)

3) Anyone who reports rule violators to the host has to spend time themselves in the political prison...no kidding, some people really wanted to inform on others.

3) A camera is set up in the living room to record everything you do, so that you will remember that Big Brother is always watching.

new topics

top topics

join