It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intolerance by those preaching tolerance (the tram ride)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
You take this how you wish. ATS is meant to be about denying ignorance.

The U-tube smash hit is of the mother on the train hurling racial abuse. Yes I agree, very uncomfortable for those that had to endure it. There is a reason and here is the truth about this story.

I have worked with this ladies partner for over 10 years and known her for around 7 years. She is a good mother and not a racist.

My first complaint is why, when there are U-tube versions around that have blurred out the Childs face why are the ones on this site clearly showing this child. That disgusts me.

This outburst happened a little over three weeks ago. Emma had just spent a week in a mental institution after she requested it as she knew something was not right with her.

She has suffered with a chemical imbalance for a few years now and my personal veiw is it became apparent after the birth of her second child.

The trip on the tram in question was after a visit to her psychiatrist. Talking about her past issues often brings out episodes and this visit did just that.

Her partner has made this information available to the crowd of reporters outside his house. The solicitor is fuming that the 20 plus reporters in the courtroom have to a man decided not to report on this and spoil a good story that is selling papers.

People on both sides of this argument have been pursuing their agendas with little to no thought of the effect this is having on this family and without any of the facts behind the story which seems to be of no interest to them in the pursuit of their own hatreds.

Emma is ill and trying hard with the help of her partner and doctors to overcome her mental health problems. Normally Emma is anything but racist.

The bile being targeted at her and the death threats now being sent to her and her partner will not help her recover and shows intolerance to those that suffer with mental health issues and the laziness of those here who do not want to find out the truth but rely on papers whose only agenda is to sell copies.

She has been remanded for her personal safety. What a very tolerant reaction. Does tolerance only go one way

What is your excuse for the intolerance and hatred you are showing whilst pretending to be outraged?

For those reading this with an open mind I thankyou for your time.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by colin42

My first complaint is why, when there are U-tube versions around that have blurred out the Childs face why are the ones on this site clearly showing this child. That disgusts me.

the feed is taken directly from youtube. it shows here because it is on youtube.

you need to talk to youtube about this complaint you have.

we have no reason to believe that you are a close friend of these people without some evidence. Anyone can come on here and claim this.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Well, if this is true, I am glad she got help. I have had problems with "chemical imbalances" in the past, about two years ago I also got sent to the phyc unit for erratic behavior(I didn't do/say anything mean-hearted or offensive though, I was just loopy). Based on what she was saying and my experience with unstable states, I think she may actually have some underlining racial issues which I hope she can address in therapy in an honest fashion. I know during my psychotic break I still somewhat understood what was going on and most of what I displayed were my own repressed thoughts. I also know from first hand experience, people from the outside can have a difficult time understanding what it is like, because it really is impossible to understand without experiencing it. Even if your story wasn't true, I now look back at my reaction and see I was quick to judge her, although I think it was the right thing to do have her arrested because you can't act like that in front of children, especially if you are not in a mentally fit state.

edit- I honestly don't see the issue with showing the child's face, it's not like he did anything wrong nor is it against any law. Your allowed to film whoever you want in public places and your allowed to put it online.
edit on 30-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
If what you are saying is true then I sympathize with the woman and her family. But it raises questions about why she is allowed to take a child out for the day on their own. I know that might sound a little harsh, but if she is losing control of her mental faculties it's a potential recipe for disaster.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I understand that you have no reason to believe me. I made that clear in my opening comment. Without giving away even more personal information on them which I am not prepared to do it is up to you to decide whether I am honest or some sum bag wishing to feed an inadequate ego.

Complaints have gone to utube and the newspapers.

Now the question is do you wish to consider that this may be the truth and dig for the information yourself?

Does my explanation seem credible or are you persuing you own agenda as many others are?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is with showing the childs face is that where we live 'New Addington' there is a large mix of cultures and although a large estate it still has the feel of a village where we all know each other or know someone else that does.

The boy goes to pre school and will be recognised and he should not carry a label that will follow him through life.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Now the question is do you wish to consider that this may be the truth and dig for the information yourself?

i doubt this is the truth. if you cannot provide any evidence i will just have to guess that you are lying.

i am not interested in doing any digging. what the hell are you suggesting. hacking into her medical records?? talk sense man. the woman was arrested. she was held in custody for her own protection.she is being dealt with now. i am sure there are plenty of people around her now helping her to sort this out.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Yes I agree. The thing is life goes on. Her partner has to work long hours to pay the mortgage. We all make poor decisions and taking the boy along was one. Maybe before she was feeling in control and it appeared to be the correct choice or maybe she just could not find someone to look after him.

I can only tell you what I know and what I dont think will rebound on this family and make things worse

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

If you are not prepeared to look further than the newspapers or what you see on a U tube video and only accept what you see when someone offers you background information then embrace ignorance and go on your way.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

do you even know where this woman is now?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Of course I know where she is. What would that prove? that I can read the papers.

I can tell you that stated in the mirror Emma mother of one is actually mother of two. Like I said you have decided you want to reject the information I gave you. There is nothing I can say to change that.

So if you do not wish to accept or look into what I have told you and are not prepared to look at the other information from other sources before you label me a liar then I see no reason for you to take any further part in this thread.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
With all due respect, you cannot expect people to know immediately that she has been having some of the mental trouble. So you can't so much blame people for their reactions. But is good to hear explanation, and that she is being cared for and that all is okay. Hope she does well, man. She wasn't even racist so much, just swearing in front of the kid was more the problem. Feel pity for her to be broadcast on the internet like this.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I'm actually inclined to believe you OP and I NEVER believe anything I read online. At the very least your message about people calling for the death of a racist for being racist being just as ignorant as being a racist should be spread around some more. I'm not sure if you are telling the truth about this woman, trying to get attention or making a rather interesting point but again, for some odd reason I am inclined to believe you.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

I understand people making a judment on the info they are given.

I was hoping our press would give this information out when it was brought up in court but as I have said it appears the papers do not wish to spoil a good newspaper selling story with the full truth.

I have tried to redress this and I understand you have to decide whether I am giving you valid information or am misleading you.

I will try to answer any questions I can but be assured I will not give out any information that will make their situation worse.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Of course I know where she is. What would that prove? that I can read the papers.

I can tell you that stated in the mirror Emma mother of one is actually mother of two. Like I said you have decided you want to reject the information I gave you. There is nothing I can say to change that.

So if you do not wish to accept or look into what I have told you and are not prepared to look at the other information from other sources before you label me a liar then I see no reason for you to take any further part in this thread.

so your preference is for only believers to stay with you and listen to you.

you do not want anyone who thinks you are lying to stay on the thread.

you provided no information. you came on here and told a story.

you have provided no evidence that your story could be true.

you have stated in your story that she is 'anything but a racist.'

you need to provide evidence and proof to make such public claim.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Thankyou for that.

All I can say is look at my posting history. I try to avoid threads about race because it always ends up racists against bigots whose hatred is the same only the colour or religion is changed to suit the hate.

The reason for this thread and not part of an existing one is I do not want to be part of the hatred being shown on them for Emma, White and Black/Coloured people.

If this Emma on the tram was the Emma I know she would not be a friend. The facts are that I regard her partner and her as good friends and that is not the Emma I know but I also understand she has mental health problems.

As a friend to them I am trying to put the facts before you to consider. Watch the video again and ask yourself if what I am telling you could be true at least. That is all I am asking

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
There is almost always more to a story than you'll read.

In most cases of a mental breakdown it rarely ever just happens. There's usually a long standing cry for help.
But people don't want to know about that as it's too much to think about. And the media will never explain the truth when they can sell a good morning story.
edit on 30-11-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

so your preference is for only believers to stay with you and listen to you.

you do not want anyone who thinks you are lying to stay on the thread.

you provided no information. you came on here and told a story.

you have provided no evidence that your story could be true.

you have stated in your story that she is 'anything but a racist.'

you need to provide evidence and proof to make such public claim.

I am asking for people to consider what I have explained.

If you believe I am lying then what does this thread offer you?

I have provided you with information, you have decided it is false despite admitting you will not look into it. That is ok but that also means you have no evidence to prove I am a liar. So until you have that evidence I would ask you to stop making unfounded acussations.

I doubt anything I could tell you would convince you so again I ask what does this thread offer you? You have made your standpoint clear. I am sure others can do the same and decide for themselves.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I didn't actually comment on any of the threads concerning this case, because it was quite clear this woman had some serious issues. "Normal" people don't get onto a tram and rant in such a way.

The only thing that did concern me, was the child and his reaction, or lack of reaction. I would have expected her child to show some kind of emotional response to his mothers outburst. My mum said that if she had done something like that when I was a kid, I would have been in tears.

Was the kid just used to this type of behavior and language?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I am asking for people to consider what I have explained.

If you believe I am lying then what does this thread offer you?

I have provided you with information, you have decided it is false despite admitting you will not look into it. That is ok but that also means you have no evidence to prove I am a liar. So until you have that evidence I would ask you to stop making unfounded acussations.

I doubt anything I could tell you would convince you so again I ask what does this thread offer you? You have made your standpoint clear. I am sure others can do the same and decide for themselves.

the site is about denying ignorance . you have provided no proof , no evidence, nothing.

like i said you want it made clear in a public forum that this woman is not a racist. you have offered no proof that she is ill. why do you not provide the material that was provided to all the reporters that these people want published. where is it?

why not provide it here and we will help get it out there! you said her husband wanted reporters to publish.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join