It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former scientology member 'held against will aboard cruise ship'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

A former Church of Scientology member has claimed she was held against her will aboard the Church's cruise ship, The Freewinds, for 12 years.

Valeska Paris, an Australian resident, said she was forced onto the ship by the Church's leader, David Miscavige, when she was 17 after her mother tried to dissociate her from the organisation.

Ms Paris, who was born in Switzerland, moved to the UK at age six, where she was placed in the church's youth wing, the cadet org. At 14, she joined the church's elite Sea Organisation and signed a contract which bound her for a billion years.

More evidence that this strange organisation holds people against their will. Its kidnapping. I really don't understand when there is stories like this that the organisation is not declared illegal and broken up. All the stories we have hear about scientology and they are still allowed to carry on as normal. Very strange.

They made a 14 year old sign a contract for a billion years.

Ms Paris's claims were backed up by a former senior executive on the Freewinds, Ramana Dienes-Browning.

"She made it very clear she did not want to be there," she claimed. "She had been sent to the ship so as not to be in contact with one of her parents and that is not what she wanted. She was very, very distressed."

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 30-11-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
was it a "Tom" cruise ship??

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMaxZombie

yes, with 'tom'ohawk crusie missles onboard .

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I hate these guy's and I don't use the word "hate" alot.
Every country should ban these like France have they are dangerous.
A billion year contract, I would love to see that stand up in any court in the world.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

the contract is very creepy.

it could very well stand up in a court.

the catholic church recently made changes to its laws to prevent members leaving. some folk tried to get around this using another method which would result in excumminication. this attempt was rejected and the people involved in the action were reminded that excommunication does not mean that somebody is no longer a member of the church.

i find this behaviour by the catholic church very worrying and disturbing.

they changed the law in 2010 after all the sex abuse scandals and people wanted out.

top topics

join