It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who were you in your past lives?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing everyone, enjoying reading through

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

awesome read, I am taken back by your experience with that woman, I am sure you will connect again. Sort of tragic though.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Does it have to be a 'who' because I'm pretty sure I was a dog in a previous life. Seriously, I dream about being a dog. I can tell what my dogs is thinking just by looking at him (I.e: whether he's bored, hungry etc etc).

And I love chasing tennis balls. Lol but again I do seem to have a deep connection with all dogs.

ALS

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

A dog totally consitutes a who. And Dogs are so varried in temperment its almost obvious they have some past life experience to mold their current psyche.

Im a little wierded out that you like to chase tennis balls though ahah

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I've never been here before. If I had, I think I would have a much better handle on what's going on, and be able to use that to my advantage at least in some small way.

As it is, I've only recently gotten used to and understand this type of existence to such an degree that I feel comfortable and relatively in control of it. I can't imagine that would be the case if I already had some practice at it.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I must of been a bad man, because I have memories of swinging from the gallows

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I have a past self that I have definitely communicated with.

One day I was extremely bored at my house. For some reason the theme of the day was nostalgia. So I started going through the bookshelf looking for some old yearbooks. While searching the bookshelf I found a box of tea light candles. Something told me I should light the candle and then meditate with my hands formed around it in the shape of a triangle. So I went ahead and did that and closed my eyes.

All of a sudden, I realize I am in a different location, different time. I am sitting on the ground in an Egyptian pyramid with my hands in a triangle around a candle, in a pitch dark catacomb. The only light is the candle. At this point I am an Egyptian princess, and I am doing a ritual to connect to my future self. I then realize that I am communicating with my future self who happens to be me in the present and my present self is communicating with my past self who I currently am. It was a bizarre and amazing experience.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

Many a tyrant hung good men in the past.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Your artwork is dark...I don't mean that in a bad way, just how I perceive it..Very good btw..
....I am sure I have put my 7 year old sons story somewhere here?? I'll tell it again....Probably for the past 3 years my son has talked about his "before Mom"(as he has always referred to her) & his "before life"....The last time he spoke of it was a couple months ago. He said it would be really cool if all the "lost children" got to see their "before Moms" again. He has asked me quite a few times to try to look up or find his "before Mom"...Apparently he died in a tornado...I don't believe it was many lives ago. Seems recent...He is TERRIFIED of storms. He doesn't even like to watch them on t.v...I'm just glad he had someone to love him so much in his "before life", that he actually wishes he could find her now. His story is very similar to some of yours...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

You are not the first person to say my artwork is dark, I will admit in my teens I was definately a half empty kind of guy. Its always freaky when I hear about children recalling people in their past, have you discussed the topic of reincarnation with your son? I know growing up in a christian home the topic was never brought up. Im glad you are supporting his memories rather than shutting them out or patterning them with negative judgment, hes lucky to have you
how old is he if you dont mind me asking, I am always curious at what point these memories tune out of their current incarnation.

About children, my girlfriends aunt had a precious daughter about 8 months ago, when she was born and we were in the delivery room everyone commented that she looked like an old lady, wise and calm, a little confused but an aura of maturity was percieved by everyone, none of which believe in reincarnation. Over the past few months my partner and I both commented on the changes in her demeanor, almost an acceptance of this life. I might be reading into it to much, but I believe fully that children have a better grasp of 'reality' than most adults, they see more... remember more. She always looks above peoples heads and around them almost like she is seeing their aura and judging them by it rather than their physical body alone.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah

You are not the first person to say my artwork is dark, I will admit in my teens I was definately a half empty kind of guy. Its always freaky when I hear about children recalling people in their past, have you discussed the topic of reincarnation with your son? I know growing up in a christian home the topic was never brought up. Im glad you are supporting his memories rather than shutting them out or patterning them with negative judgment, hes lucky to have you
how old is he if you dont mind me asking, I am always curious at what point these memories tune out of their current incarnation.

About children, my girlfriends aunt had a precious daughter about 8 months ago, when she was born and we were in the delivery room everyone commented that she looked like an old lady, wise and calm, a little confused but an aura of maturity was percieved by everyone, none of which believe in reincarnation. Over the past few months my partner and I both commented on the changes in her demeanor, almost an acceptance of this life. I might be reading into it to much, but I believe fully that children have a better grasp of 'reality' than most adults, they see more... remember more. She always looks above peoples heads and around them almost like she is seeing their aura and judging them by it rather than their physical body alone.

He is 7 & still remembers bits & pieces of his "before life"...He started talking about it when he was almost 4..The story has never changed. I went as far as looking up children that may have died within the past 20 years or so,from tornado's, but of course, I can't know for sure when exactly he 'died'. He does tell me he is sure his "before Mom" is still alive, but without remembering a name, town, state, my research obviously has stalled...I don't brooch the subject with him. He comes to me when he starts thinking about his "before Mom." They must have had a very strong bond. I just sit & listen to him & try to ask minor questions, because I get the strong sense he really misses her...I found it odd the statement he made about how cool it would be if all the "lost children" got to see their "before Moms" again...I wonder why he referred to them as the "lost children."??...I will be sure to come post here the next time he brings it up, which should be rather soon again...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I dont know how to put into words how happy it makes me that you are being so unbiased in your approach to this. How do you feel as a parent, seeing your sons emotions somewhat torn between you and another parent figure? did it ever bother you or make you afraid?

I initially glazed over the fact he mentions "the other lost children", I wonder if this is directly a reflection of other kids who were lost in this tornado, or maybe he inhabited a state of astral limbo between his lives specialized to comfort those who die at a young age. It fascinates me thinking about the various claims from Outer body and near death experiencers, they talk about going to comforting places made to prepare people for their next incarnation, or to make peace with relatives who have already passed. Simply fascinating!

I read a story in Autobiography of a Yogi about a young boy who died, and was promised by Yogananda (his spiritual teacher) that he would be found again once he was reborn. You might enjoy giving it a read, it might be that this individual is still alive today.

Kashi, Reborn and Rediscovered

The door was opened by a servant, who told me her master was at home. He descended the stairway from the second floor and smiled at me inquiringly. I hardly knew how to frame my question, at once pertinent and impertinent. "Please tell me, sir, if you and your wife have been expecting a child for about six months?" "Yes, it is so." Seeing that I was a swami, a renunciate attired in the traditional orange cloth, he added politely, "Pray inform me how you know my affairs." When he heard about Kashi and the promise I had given, the astonished man believed my story. "A male child of fair complexion will be born to you," I told him. "He will have a broad face, with a cowlick atop his forehead. His disposition will be notably spiritual." I felt certain that the coming child would bear these resemblances to Kashi. Later I visited the child, whose parents had given him his old name of Kashi. Even in infancy he was strikingly similar in appearance to my dear Ranchi student. The child showed me an instantaneous affection; the attraction of the past awoke with redoubled intensity. Years later the teen-age boy wrote me, during my stay in America. He explained his deep longing to follow the path of a renunciate. I directed him to a Himalayan master who, to this day, guides the reborn Kashi.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I havent logged in here in forever, but felt compelled after reading your post!

I have often wonder who i was in a past life. I too have had a naturally ability for all types of art. from a very early age it was apparent as well.

I also was very into animals/science as a kid, my mom likes to joke that on saturday mornings instead of watching cartoons, i would watch discovery channel.

In school, I was the bad kid. I never did homework, yet had no trouble passing a test. when I was young they thought I had a learning disability. Turns out, I just wanted to do what interested me.

In high school the same thing happened, I was quite rebellious - often due to an injustice I saw, or lack of respect / knowledge from teachers etc. I was giving a test that takes most ppl 2 days to do (the lady giving it told me this) I did it in less than 2 hours.

I have always had a love for nature, i feel a strong connection being in the woods. It puts me at peace. always has.

I would assume since these things started at a very early age, It would make sense that I was perhaps in a past life some type of studious person, or adventurer. something unique.

But what really had me compelled to respond was your meeting your gf and have an instant connection, like you already felt that you knew her.

I just had this happen! not exactly the same, but after spending time with this one coworker of mine, he & i both realized that are connection is very special. Yes we brought up past life and how that may explain it. Glad to hear that you & your gf have been together this long.

Im guessing it just felt "natural" very fluid. were you both comfortable around each other immediately?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ladymerelda

Ok you are freaking me out now. we sound too simillar haha, as a kid I loved learning about animals, took every dinosaur book from my library, loved reading about poisonous animals and the long gone exstinct animals. I used to watch documentaries rather than cartoons, and in school I managed to do pretty good without studying (and bairly attending), my peers hated it. As a young teen, in times of trouble (family trouble that is) I would often ride into the woods and just sit under a tree and think, extreme comfort under a canopy of green. Its cool hearing about your connection seemingly from nothing with your co-worker, these are special experiences!

Please share some of your artwork if you are comfortable.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
To answer your question about if my girlfriend and I were comfortable right off the bat, our story is a little longer than just the coffee shop meet. Two or three years earlier I had gone to a job interview as a favor to my buddy (he was nervous about it) anyways it was for a bluenotes pretty far from where I lived. me and the other applicants were beign walked through the store by a manager, and the manager introduced the group to one of the employees, a girl who was folding printed tees, anyways this chick stands up and she doesnt say a word... just locked eyes on me and me on her we stood there dumbfounded, everyone in the group was looking at us wierd.... that girl was my current girlfriend haha so it was sort of wierd we had the connection then too, but never acted on it, which was probably for the best since we were both 15 or 16 at the time.

There is another wierd detail to the story, I used to work out (haha back in the day) at a gym, there was a guy there who used to always look at me strange, I actually thought he was gay but thought nothing of it. A few years later I ended up working at a mall in the same store as this same dude, we bairly talked both feeling a bit wierd that we knew of eachother but didnt.... anyways more time passes... I quit the job... I end up meeting my girlfriend...... low and behold that guy was her brother and we are really close these days.

It makes me think if these connections have more to do with the future than the past, maybe we feel connected to people because our futures are connected and not our past, the future leaking into the present. food for thought
edit on 30-11-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Good question OP, & one I've wondered about.
I would love to go get a reading from someone who does this type of work.
I'm pretty sure I was a working class, average slave.
Not much has changed.....maybe thats why I have to keep coming back???

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I've had these "walking dreams" since I was a child. I don't know what they mean, if they mean anything at all. Most of them two out of three are bad "memories". They've also shaped me into who I am now, the things I long for, places I seek and people I want to know. One of these "walking dreams" feel like a "retro future" if that makes any sense.

I feel as though I'm being thrown back and forth in my own mind as I try to figure out what it means, sometimes it just leaves me teary eyed. Like I *know* more then I do, but I just can't access it. I also have several skills that I was never taught.

I just feel very, very lost at times and am at that point now.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
... And no, reincarnation does not exist.

Hopefully not for YOU.
Go hunt your own hoax.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I don't think anyone can know who they where in a past life in all honesty.

Yeah im good at art.. that doesn't mean i was an artist.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Just a question here...do you folks think that someone can reincarnate as an animal or have a past life as an animal? I have a strong connection to horses that goes beyond doodling them in notebooks, or collecting My Little Pony toys...I'm serious here. It's on a spiritual level. As it stands I don't know if I was one in a past life, but I know the connection is there. Anyways, what do you guys/gals think about this?

IN addition to that, I feel nostalgia for periods of time I have never lived in, somewhere between the 1960's and 1970's. Oh sure, there are time periods I really like (like the "Old West") But I don't have anything to go off of down that avenue. I sure would like to know though. =/

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join