It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Freak is It?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

I've just come across this video and I'm intrigued to know if anyone recognises the aircraft in it, it just looks very bizarre,, reminded me of an anorexic flying submarine[not that i've seen too many of those;],, that's if it's even real...?

Which is where you beautiful people come in,, what the freak is it??- www.youtube.com...

namaste
edit on 30/11/11 by WHOS READY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

Looks like a new type of remote drone. I know nothing about drones but it looks very man made.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
it really looks impossible to fly

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
It looks like a normal plane with something attatched

or drawn underneath to me

Play on 1080p and pause, you will see what I mean
edit on 30-11-2011 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
That is a known hoax group, and they have other videos of this supposed UFO. One video says the object is "massive", it's another hoax by them, either RC or something superimposed, like all their videos.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Its a rod with a blown c^1 engine
If I had to put out a different guess I would go with drone with ground penetrating radar.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

it definitely does look as thought it shouldn't be flying!....

if indeed it is real...?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

thats the only thing that seems to fit with out going to the land way out there..

but those wings make it look like a missile...?

edit on 30/11/11 by WHOS READY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

any more info on this hoax group would be nice.

any examples of previous attempts??

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jonco6

damn,,, and there was me hoping for a make and model..

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
UAV Torpedo bomber

“what if we could attack a JDAM-ER style glide kit with GPS guidance to a lightweight torpedo, launch from high altitude, then let the kit maneuver it into attack position and release it near sea level instead? Not only would this fit the P-8A’s strengths, it would also let us reduce airframe fatigue on the old P-3C fleet.”

Defence industry daily

Could be this in development

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

nice one weirdguy,,

its defo the closet contender so far..

but, the one in the vid looks a lot bigger me thinks..?

cheers for the input though.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
They are also making some electronic jamming drones. Could be one of those or a decoy drone of some sort to make it look like a fleet is comming at you.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

You might be interested in this parallel thread, in another Forum. Same footage, different way to discuss it.

The fact that YouTube account "ThirdPhaseOfMoon" seems to be owned by two brothers in Hawai'i, who have been caught (possibly) posting hoaxes before, is a sign of caution to heed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on Wed 30 November 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by WHOS READY

nice one weirdguy,,

its defo the closet contender so far..

but, the one in the vid looks a lot bigger me thinks..?

cheers for the input though.

Yeah thats what I was thinking as well, but the pic is just the concept

the actual vehicle may look different to this.

Unless this is all bs, then I withdraw my opinion to my original post

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It's the legend of zelda skyward sword commercial, this is how those swords fly to the location they need to go to before they fall into peoples houses!
j/k looks completely fake to me

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It's a hoax. The mass distribution on that thing is horrible, and the lifting surfaces are simply too narrow for it to be anything of substantial size. The velocity is also far too low for those wings to be supporting much in terms of weight.

That is, of course, presuming that it is in flight. The object looks a bit too in-focus for my liking - even when the -low cloud cover- is shifting in and out of focus.

UAV Torpedo bomber

No.

That is a JSOW-like attachment kit, similar to those developed for JDAM. It is intended to extend the range of the munition and give it limited course correction capabilities. It does not come with propulsion and is merely gliding to its destination.

Ordnance is heavy - those wings are small - that means you have to have quite a bit of velocity to it for it to be employed effectively as a glide munition. The object in that video is simply going too slow and is too low to the ground.

Not to mention the obvious: munitions are tested at designated locations to limit and prevent collateral damage. You won't catch weapon tests on your home video camera.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Just describing what it looks like, it has the appearance to me of a normal twin turboprop regional airliner, like say the Shorts 360, but with a massively elongated nose and tail. The conventional wings, engines, tail and fuselage are quite visible, but the appendages appear to have been drawn on. The original nose shape, for example, appears to show 'through' the extension.

An extension that would make take off and landing horrendously risky, if not actually impossible.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

I noticed this as well.

When they zoom in on the object, you can clearly see a prop on either wing root and a quite standard set of horizontal and vertical stabilizers. . . and the wind-screen of a cockpit.

It appears that all they've done is add in some gray pixels around the original filmed aircraft.

Really... why do people do stuff like this... I mean - it would be one thing if it was an honest attempt at CGI superimpose and stated as a "look at my digital arts project!" ... but stuff like this does nothing but cloud the water... because there are people out there... even people in military aviation... who will gather their buddies around and say: "look what this squadron has!"

Oh well... I don't understand many things about people and their social behaviors... I simply know the behavior exists and to account for it in my assessments.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join