It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to be happy all the time? Peaceful? Loving?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
People usually say "follow the happiness because it's who you truly are", if that's the case, do you believe it is possible to be happy all the time? Peaceful? Loving?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Whether it's possible or not, the one thing that I'm certain of is that if you *aren't* happy and peaceful and loving, then you better learn how to pretend to be if you expect to get anywhere in life. Somewhere along the line, humanity developed a near zero-tolerance policy toward individualism and/or political incorrectness.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

It is impossible to be happy all the time, because you will no longer know the definition of happy if you do not know the opposite.

It's like understanding Cold weather.....can one understand cold weather if you life your entire life in Antarctica? You'd think it was normal, and how it was all the time everywhere.

Good and Evil, Happiness and Sadness....one can't exist without the other

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

That's irrelevant....

Even if I only knew the weather in Antarctica, "I" will still be COLD all the time even if I didn't know the difference...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
i believe them "always happy" people you see and wonder why their always happy aren't always happy, intact they might be quite the opposite, people notice i always smile but im not happy with much things in my life, happiness is different according to each individuals perception of what happiness is meant to be. It cant be money, because look how bitter most millionaires are, it cant be love, because i know people who are happily married for 50 years and they aren't always happy, i thought to be healthy is to be happy, im sick maybe that's what makes me bitter with life causing me to be so down then again i could have someone who loves me unconditionally and then again i could have a million dollar's, but once all that good stuff fades... and trust me it does then its back to wishing upon a star. Their is no such thing as TRUE happiness, i believe.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by camouflaged

So you don't believe in true happiness, ok.

What about love and peace? Is it possible to be peacful or loving all the time, in your opinion?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

only if your happy for no reason at all.
peace.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
People usually say "follow the happiness because it's who you truly are", if that's the case, do you believe it is possible to be happy all the time? Peaceful? Loving?

You should go back to whoever told you that and find where they learned it.

It's a nice idea, but I don't know how workable a truth it is.

Here's another truth. It has been shown to be very true. It goes: Ultimately, you are the source of all that you experience. So, great. But how do you apply it?

What is more workable is a viewpoint that is a little more realistic. Like: Work towards creating reality the way you want it to be. If you want happiness, then find something to be happy about. If you want peace, then find a place that is peaceful. If you want love, then find something that you can love. Work at it, and never give up. Your reality will begin to shift.

Some day, maybe, you can create happiness, peace or love just by deciding that they should exist. That's basically how anyone creates anything. But if one day something makes you sad, don't take a loss. Sad things happen. Just keep working on creating happiness, and you will have more of it.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeussusZ
reply to post by arpgme

only if your happy for no reason at all.
peace.

So even if someone dies, you'll still be smiling and happy.

How does one reach this state of "happy for no reason"...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yes, sir.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by camouflaged

So you don't believe in true happiness, ok.

What about love and peace? Is it possible to be peacful or loving all the time, in your opinion?

peace and love are two different things in my opinion, peace is when their is no fighting, no wars or pain in the world... i dont believe its in out dna to be unified as one, it never has been and never will be. In the world we live in its better to be powerful and cause pain to others then to want peace and love.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

would that be a bad thing?

If there is no reason it can't be taken away. As to how to get there, who knows you got to work that out for yourself.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Yes, happiness, peace and love is available at all times, as long as you realize that at all times it is now.

new topics

top topics

join