It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~>Does anyone else notice what I am noticing?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I believe the word you are looking for to describe all of this is entropy.

Another way to describe it is to realize that the opposite of Love is not Hate, it is Apathy.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
I believe the word you are looking for to describe all of this is entropy.

Another way to describe it is to realize that the opposite of Love is not Hate, it is Apathy.

I think Entropy, is a condition of what is happening, but yes, I think its just a condition. It almost appears like to me, as I continue to brain storm, is that we as a whole world wide has just lost focus, and unless a form of mass media, like a movie or tv show gives us a feeling which in that case would make it artificial, we do not understand it.. MEH, its deep, but its there... I guess we have to ask ourselves where it started and how, and if we know its there, and they know its there, why is it still there?

Thanks for contributing Ahab...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

I get it! I really do! No, I am not joking or being sarIcastic or ironic or anything negative. IF people would try that, they too would notice it.

Massive natural disasters:
Animals all over the world dieing en mass
Animals showing up in parts of the world where they don't belong.
IDK if earthquakes are increasing in number and intensity because of coverage or actual data but that too.
The Atlantic hurricane season has be dumbfounding since Andrew in '92 (when I lived in Miami ON the beach)
Then there are the man made disasters... Global warming/cooling, WHICH IS IT! MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

The Arab spring
The oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico
FUKUSHIMA *which is VERY under reported.
The "TOO BIG TO FAIL" dogma of the current administration.
HECK THE current administration is a man made disaster

"WHAT STINKIN BORDERS"?
NOW there is an official plan to bring an end to the Euro
The FED (speaks for itself)
The resurgence of once eliminated or well controlled diseases (could be both man made AND natural)
AND if THATS not enough, WTF is going on at NASA?

Putting all arguable thought aside, there does appear to be a "quickening" of days.
I have my own beliefs of what is going on but apart from those beliefs, it is indeed getting more challenging to deny that something big is awry.

Thanks for your post. I ALMOST clicked away but read it through and through. Very well presented.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrankieNinja

I get it! I really do! No, I am not joking or being sarIcastic or ironic or anything negative. IF people would try that, they too would notice it.

Massive natural disasters:
Animals all over the world dieing en mass
Animals showing up in parts of the world where they don't belong.
IDK if earthquakes are increasing in number and intensity because of coverage or actual data but that too.
The Atlantic hurricane season has be dumbfounding since Andrew in '92 (when I lived in Miami ON the beach)
Then there are the man made disasters... Global warming/cooling, WHICH IS IT! MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

The Arab spring
The oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico
FUKUSHIMA *which is VERY under reported.
The "TOO BIG TO FAIL" dogma of the current administration.
HECK THE current administration is a man made disaster

"WHAT STINKIN BORDERS"?
NOW there is an official plan to bring an end to the Euro
The FED (speaks for itself)
The resurgence of once eliminated or well controlled diseases (could be both man made AND natural)
AND if THATS not enough, WTF is going on at NASA?

Putting all arguable thought aside, there does appear to be a "quickening" of days.
I have my own beliefs of what is going on but apart from those beliefs, it is indeed getting more challenging to deny that something big is awry.

Thanks for your post. I ALMOST clicked away but read it through and through. Very well presented.

exactly... Now just because the media is not talking about well everything you have mentioned

does not mean it did not happen, OR is not effecting our lives as a whole.. When we process what we are told on tv, or the media as the truths, yet it is not the truth, and the truth is around us, and we can sense it is there, but we do not understand what we are sensing because we are not being told what it is, that still makes it the truth.. Ah man don't get me started on the Japanese disaster and the Radioactive cloud that just stopped getting attention.

No one even talks about that or even demands explanations..

I think I used your thread as a catalyst sorry.. Good point thou.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
It's true. Humanity has been progressively going to Hell in a handbasket for many years, and it's only continuing to get worse. Human beings today are very frightening creatures--the way they think and the way their minds work is light-years beyond disturbing. With a smile on their face and a twinkle in their eye, people have abandoned any semblence of a soul they ever had, and they've become something that, to me, doesn't even seem human but more robotic. Life has become surreal--almost like a dream--and how scary it is to know I'm not dreaming.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

"Unsettling" is the word that comes to mind while ruminating on this thread. Something... unsettling is in progress. It makes one feel somehow... off. I don't have the verbal acumen with which to precisely express the feel of it. Unsettling comes close, I think. I could paraphrase a couple quotes from Stephen King, but that sort of thing goes against the rules of the thread laid out by the OP. But... there is a passage in one of his books in which the characters are passing near to the town of Salem's Lot. It's not in the book Salem's Lot, but in another King story within the same literary universe. An unsettling feeling comes over the characters as they pass near the town. As if some unclean thing were very near... They know the town has somehow "gone bad".

Some unsettling thing has gone bad with the world.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
Each day that passes in our lives in this World we live in right now, is getting worse.... Not talking about personal lives I am talking in a General perspective... This World was in a better position as a WHOLE 2 years ago, I mean as a whole as in everything Human beings are in charge of.. 5 yrs ago we were better off, in 2001, we were better off, in 1980, we were better off... Everything Human, beings are in charge of now, is getting worse and worse and worse each moment that passes.. If you look at history, it does not get better or restart, until this ends..

edit on 29-11-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say the phrase "we were better off". That phrase can encompass a whole range of issues and thus paints a very broad stroke. I mean if you really want to expand on the "x number of years ago we were better off" idea, I would argue there are plenty of times in history where society was much "worse". Just as an example, I would say we are better off now than when the Black Plague or Spanish flu wiped out millions of people.
Every generation claims that the world is going to hell in a hand basket, etc. I’m not trying to be argumentative, but rather trying to determine what you mean.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

Originally posted by unworldly
Life has become surreal--almost like a dream--and how scary it is to know I'm not dreaming.

Like an unsettling half remembered dream that slips away upon awakening. Leaving an undefined anxiousness thereafter...

edit on 11/30/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: clarity, reply to

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I'm genuinely glad you are paying attention and have been noticing this along with the rest of us. The majority of the populace haven't been (while they are stuck in their own small worlds), but we all know this as we try to wake the rest of them from their stupors.

2011 has been a very odd, busy year. The oddness kicked off on New Years, with the mysterious massive bird die offs that was never really well explained. Thousands of them. To me, that was an omen of things to come.

Now that we are nearing the end of the year, I would say this year has been hugely significant compared to recent years past. Well, that's how I've perceive it anyway.

Just for kicks, I'm going to throw a term out there - Do what you will with it.

Timewave Zero

Anyway, good post. Thank you for sharing it.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Just perhaps, (And I say take no pleasure in saying this) your light may be fading, could it be that your depressing end of days thoughts is just your mind preparing you for the end of your days here on earth. I say this because my life is fine. I used to feel like all things were coming to an end, even wishing for it at times, wanna know what I did? Began coming here less frequently, began paying more attention to my kids and taking my dog for long walks through beautiful forest parks. Only come on now in the mornings & late at night to see whats interesting. Dont let the doom and gloom get you down pal cause at the end of the day, if an end of days or SHTF scenirio occurs, there aint much you or I can do about. Just treat each day as if it were you last and smile
edit on 30-11-2011 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
ok, just for fun cause i have no basis in Hebrew ... and because i asked google for help
how's this?

הבנה אוהדת המשקף תובנה והכרה נצחית

(sympathetic comprehension reflecting insight and eternal recognition)
based on all of the aforementioned events, your own observations coupled with mine and an internal peace that has developed over the years regarding all of it.
best anyone can do is relax, be introspective, be observant but above all, be kind to yourself and those around you.
in time, this too will pass

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I see it/feel it.

I don't know if I know how to answer though- everything seems like propaganda to me, even things I say myself.

It's just the information. People are getting access to it.
It's leaving some people numb, others angry, some - most?- are in denial.

There are control freaks in charge and it's us they want to control.
The information is all out there to show us what's going on, and to point the way.

Not a lot of clear leaders though- we're all so brainwashed we keep looking for a leader- the leader has to be each of us. That's what's coming-

If you look at your nervous system, from your head to your brain, you've got a long chain of nerve cells. Each is important. Ask anyone with neuropathy what happens when the lowest on the chain in your feet get messed up.

Democracy is rising and information is rising.
Both are a lot of responsibility. We stand before it, thinking oh this democracy, this information, what great things...but as it becomes clearer and more in focus, we start to realize it's never easy, we might have to fight for both of them.

That's just how I see it- right now everyone's becoming aware and deciding if they want to fight for it, or not. For a lot, they really were much more comfortable with their heads in the sand. They are like that dude in the Matrix that wanted to go back in.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
We have many sheeple in the office where i work and I have noticed how people are getting really moody. I have seen peoples moods change especially over the last 8 months.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I see a world that got instant gratification overload.....and with that the pleasures of discovery or true gratitude have been eroded - hence the robot like appearance of many.

To elaborate:

Remember a time when you saved hard for that item you wanted to purchase ? the sense of achievement when it was yours and bought and paid for by you ? GONE ! Just do it on credit instead.

Remember a time when parents made children save their pocket money to afford a much wanted item ? GONE !
Many (not all) mums & dads have over-indulged their children and in the race to make them fleetingly happy have purchased said item anyway, The result of this is two-fold; a generation of children do not understand the value of money + they have been unwittingly conditioned to expect & get what they want ...immediately. No wonder many are walking around in shock - things have to be earned don't they?

Remember too when studying for a thesis involved going to a library and using your investigative skills to find material ? GONE ...a couple of clicks on your p.c. et voila , there it is.

Has technology improved so quickly we are unable to process it properly and feel over-burdened by it all? Maybe.

I see kids in restaurants texting friends on their phones whilst eating , completely disconnected from their parents, and whilst not blaming technology for all the social robots , what went wrong ? Over supply of credit?
lax parenting ? media brainwashing ? all of the above and maybe some more ?

These are just some of the explanations I can offer for the detached world we are all seeing around us.

Star for you friend for making me think.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
For me, I feel oddly detached from the world right now.
It is something I have been feeling, increasingly, for the past year.
Only recently I have wondered/worried about my emotional/social apathy and detachment.
My outer world has not changed, I am well away from any metro areas, don't have television, am well stocked and situated if TSHTF. BUT...
I have this dispassionate feeling that is increasing each day.
I am not depressed in any way, it just seems that life is a movie I am watching.
Perhaps a paradigm shift is occurring

Staying Tuned...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I don't think the world is any worse shape than any time in the past. Every generation throughout history has thought they were living in the end times. But in the past they weren't constantly assaulted with information, media, internet etc.from around the entire planet. I feel the same anxiety about world events because they are shoved down my throat everyday. I work for a media company and unfortunately have to deal with the "news" every day and my stress comes from trying to figure out which of the 100 different versions of the same story that I can piece together in my mind in an attempt to draw my own conclusion.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Somethings this year has had me on edge,
The questions is are these events happerning with increasing frequency,
it feels to me like momentum is building. I'm usually a rational person,
and it is possible to varrify the frequency of events, and it'll take a long time.
Geopolitically things are happening because the system is stressed, human
events are different to natuarl ones i wonder if those events are accelerating to?
do these lines intersect? sorry just babble now. If the system crashes, are we
thrust into a new dark age, or is the information age perminant. anyway
Have fun everyone, be good it's almost christmas and santa wont come if
we've been bad. Bankers and politisions should be getting coal this year.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

"Unsettling" is the word that comes to mind while ruminating on this thread. Something... unsettling is in progress. It makes one feel somehow... off. I don't have the verbal acumen with which to precisely express the feel of it. Unsettling comes close, I think. I could paraphrase a couple quotes from Stephen King, but that sort of thing goes against the rules of the thread laid out by the OP. But... there is a passage in one of his books in which the characters are passing near to the town of Salem's Lot. It's not in the book Salem's Lot, but in another King story within the same literary universe. An unsettling feeling comes over the characters as they pass near the town. As if some unclean thing were very near... They know the town has somehow "gone bad".

Some unsettling thing has gone bad with the world.

I know exactly the chapter you speak of...and its apt! I myself cant get Bradbury's "Something Wicked This Way Comes" out of my mind....

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The first 21 Fibonacci numbers Fn for n = 0, 1, 2, ..., 20 are:[14]

F0 F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6 F7 F8 F9 F10 F11 F12 F13 F14 F15 F16 F17 F18 F19 F20
0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

The sequence can also be extended to negative index n using the re-arranged recurrence relation

which yields the sequence of "negafibonacci" numbers[15] satisfying
Thus the complete sequence is

F−8 F−7 F−6 F−5 F−4 F−3 F−2 F−1 F0 F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6 F7 F8
−21 13 −8 5 −3 2 −1 1 0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21

If you can get your head around that, i belive this sequence has something to do with these cycles i dont have the phd to deal with the number crunching but i know ther is more to these numbers, Can anyone can try to put this sequence into the mayan calender the repeating cycles of history ect

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth

To answer your question succintly - yes I see it. Yes I feel it. My intuition is practically screaming at me some days. It sometimes seems to me like watching a chessboard - and the players seem to be moving into the end game.

I strongly believe that we are entering a true paradigm shift. And its approach is at times deafening.

So in keeping with the rules of the thread, no preaching, no quotes, nothing of the sort. I must end however by saying that I believe just as strongly that there are opportunities for us to impact this new paradigm in ways that most don't even dare imagine.

In the meantime, keep your trays and tables in the upright position, and your seat belts fastened. Its gonna be a bumpy ride.

excellent post O2T... I can only add...

DONT FORGET YOUR TOWEL!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join