thirteen dollars

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This is probably not entirely "new" to many of you but I happened to see the number of 13's listed while looking up something else... take a look!

The info was ascertained on The Lending Club: The US Dollar Bill: 50 Fascinating Facts

32. The dollar has 13 stars above the eagle
33. There are 13 steps on the Pyramid
34. There are 13 letters in ANNUIT COEPTIS
35. E PLURIBUS UNUM contains 13 letters
36. There are 13 vertical bars on the shield
37. The top of the shield has 13 horizontal stripes
38. You can count 13 leaves on the olive branch
39. There are 13 berries on the olive branch
40. The dollar bill also features 13 arrows and 13 hats

I don't exactly know the significance of the number thirteen. Many people claim it is significant in the Freemasonry tradition, but according to this Freemason web link thirteen "cannot be found anywhere in masonic ritual, nor in the many explorations of masonic symbols published over the years by masonic authors".

Interesting nonetheless... I can't imagine all these thirteens would simply be associated with the thirteen original colonies.

What's your theory??

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Nice find, i have noticed these before, and read a similar article and i believe you nailed it on the head about the 13 original colonies.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
sounds like a 13 colonies pride thing, and dood above me, that is one good looking beast in that avatar!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

It's sort of funny...one of my lucky numbers is thirteen
But thirteen is obviously a number often associated with:

misfortune
the occult
general undesirable/mysterious things

But it's also rather often associated with things that aren't all so negatively connotative. Is there anything that is particularly pertinent to the number thirteen that could have anything to do with the NWO or anything like that? Perhaps I'll do some research...nice find

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
^^^ as above....

''the occult''

The Monica Lewinsky scandal broke 13 days into a new 40-week cycle starting in August.
The 9/11 WTC event happened 13 days into a new 40-week cycle starting in August.

So. Yes. Now you can locate the Alpha/Omega with precision.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

It represents the number of colonies that originally constituted the United States of America, and thus thirteen stars have been used in American heraldry since the start of the union, appearing not only on our first national flag, but upon many of our early coins as well.

Here is an interesting writing with regard to the topic: www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
the only reference to 13 that I know of has to do with Jacques Demolay and his untimely demise on Friday the 13th. And I had never heard about that, until I came here.

Here is a thread about this subject that might be a good read.

Ben Franklin wanted to put a Turkey on the dollar instead of an eagle. A turkey.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Here is one of the dollars that was backed by GOLD.
Do you see 13 anywhere?

rayjernukian.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
Interesting nonetheless... I can't imagine all these thirteens would simply be associated with the thirteen original colonies.

What's your theory??

Whent eh Great Seal of the United States of America was designed in the late 18th century there were only thirteen colonies and this accounts for the references to the number. The Seal only appeared on the dollar bill in the 1930's which marks the first time it was used publically.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
So I found some stuff....

The Number 13 Triskaidekaphobia - the fear of number thirteen. The word “Triskaidekaphobia” is made up of the Greek words: tris (meaning “three”), kai (meaning “and”) deka (meaning “ten”) and phobia (meaning “fear”). Paraskavedekatriaphobia - the fear of Friday the thirteenth. Friday the 13th can only occur in months starting with Sunday. Triskaidekaphilia means someone who believes number 13 to be a lucky number. Discover The Meaning of Number 13. Why 13 is an unlucky number.... - and why 13 may be a lucky number... Number 13 and the Last Supper It is considered to be bad luck by many in the Western culture to dine with 13 people at the table. This may be because of the Last Supper - Judas Iscariot, one of the twelve disciples betrayed Jesus.

Read more here: mysticalnumbers.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Why is this relevant if you aren't an American?

Just asking

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
More 13 significance {this seems more Illuminati oriented:

In my research regarding the Freemason's, United States Presidents and The Masonic Power Structure I was constantly running into the number 13 and 33. This research confirmed that most of the founding fathers were Masons. It also confirmed that most of the Presidents were Masons. My first run in with 13 of course was the 13 colonies. Second was the great Seal. For a detailed look at the number 11 see Destruction of the Trade Centers: Occult Symbolism Indicates Enemies Within Our Own Government "The numbers 3, 7, 9,11,13, 33, 39. Any multiple of these numbers have special meaning to the Illuminati. Notice that the Bilderberg Group has core of 39 members who are broken into 3 groups of 13 members in each group. Notice that the core of 39 answers to the 13 who make up the Policy Committee. Take special notice that the 13 members of the Policy Committee answer to the Round Table of Nine. You know that the original number of states in the United States of America was 13. The Constitution has 7 articles and was signed by 39 members of the Constitutional Convention." Secret Societies / New World Order: by Milton William Cooper Occultists the world over believe that, once a symbol is created, it acquires power of its own, and more power is generated when such symbol(s) are created without the profane [uninitiated] knowing about it. And, the greatest power of all is created in the symbol(s) if the uninitiated NEVER discover that the symbol exists. MASONIC SYMBOLS OF POWER IN THEIR SEAT OF POWER -- WASHINGTON, D.C.

There are 13 leaves on the left olive branch with 13 berries. 13 stripes on the middle shield. 13 arrows on the right. 13 stars above the eagles head. 13 letters in the "E Pluribus Unum" on the ribbon. 13 letters in Annuit Coeptis. There are 13 blocks top to bottom on the pyramid. Fritz Springmeir in his The 13 Bloodlines says these 13 blocks represent the 13 Satanic family's.

In the circles at the end of the hexagram points it even spells the word Mason.

The Roman Numerals at the bottom of the Pyramid: MDCCLXXVI

We do not have to add them together to get the MARK OF THE BEAST OR THE NUMBER OF HIS NAME. John does not tell us to ADD THEM TOGETHER. It is not that we cannot add them together, but the point is John does not TELL US TO ADD THEM TOGETHER. We then will take a different tact to solve the riddle. We will use EXACTLY WHAT THE BIBLE TELLS US: 600, 60 and 6. We will start with the REVERSE GREAT SEAL, the SEAL THAT DANIEL GAVE TO US. Embedded at the base of the PYRAMID ARE THE ROMAN NUMERICAL LETTERS: "MDCCLXXVI".

There are images to go along with this explanation, so if this reads a bit confusing check out the source: www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...
edit on 4-12-2011 by TheLiesOfEden because: spelling error, cue my mortification

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Do you see 13 anywhere?

yes, it took me a minute to see, but if you count the actual "ones" that appear as numbers, and as words and you combine the sum of the two it is 13.

3 of the actual number 1's down the left and right side,(=6) two of the verbal written 1's in the middle of either of those columns(=2). Than, again, the number 1 written four times ----------- twice above the "the united states of america: one dollar" and twice below.(=4) and finally one time in "the united states of america: one dollar"(=1)

6+2=8 ------- 8+4=12 -------- 12+1=13 (i know i didnt have to do the math)

not sure if it's significant or not but that's where i noticed 13

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777
^^^ as above....

''the occult''

The Monica Lewinsky scandal broke 13 days into a new 40-week cycle starting in August.
The 9/11 WTC event happened 13 days into a new 40-week cycle starting in August.

Most of what you are sharing is over my head. You ask us straight out:"Is there no-body that gets this??"

Well, dear mr/mr Teddy bear Extra 7, NO, I don't get much of it, but am extremely intrigued.

When does the new 40 week 13 day come up again. Today being 26 April 2012. Do you know please?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky

Originally posted by XXX777
^^^ as above....

''the occult''

Most of what you are sharing is over my head. You ask us straight out:"Is there no-body that gets this??"

Well, dear mr/mr Teddy bear Extra 7, NO, I don't get much of it, but am extremely intrigued.

When does the new 40 week 13 day come up again. Today being 26 April 2012. Do you know please?

Of course I know.
May 23, 2012 + 13 days = June 5, 2012.
And then I said ''Raaaarrrrrrr!!''
June 5 is the Night Of The Watchers.
What.
Are.
They.
Watching?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

What's your theory??

The number is significant to the "Knight Of The Royal Arch" a.k.a. 13th Degree...
It Means: "STAND YOUR GROUND!"

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinocchio

What's your theory??

The number is significant to the "Knight Of The Royal Arch" a.k.a. 13th Degree...
It Means: "STAND YOUR GROUND!"

Can you tell us something more about this ''stand your ground'' idea, because it is in the news regarding the Trayvon Martin shooting?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If you research closely, you will realise that the number 13 comes up in many important geometries, architecture and astrology dating back to the Pharaohs time.

There was one 13 months in a year.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
Here is one of the dollars that was backed by GOLD.
Do you see 13 anywhere?

rayjernukian.com...

The flower/STAR on the left?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

The number 13 is insignificant to us Freemasons.

Is it so far out of logical thought to think that the use of 13 has to do with the number of the original colonies?

I did an article in January as 2012 is the year of 13's:

Getting away from this being the supposed year that the world ends, this is a very unusual year. The superstitious hold Friday the 13th has to be a day of either severe bad luck or good luck, but this year they have to wrangle with 3 of them, separated exactly 13 weeks apart (which has not happened since 1984 - the year of my birth).

Three Friday the 13ths happen every few years. The last was in 2009, and the next is 2015. What's special about 2012 — and what won't occur again until 2040 — is that this is happening during a leap year, says Tom Fernsler, a University of Delaware math professor who sometimes goes by the name Dr. 13.

READ MORE

new topics
top topics

join