It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We live in an Apathetic society - America Dying - Families Living In Cars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It is an awful reflection on humanity that one has to live in a car, van or mobile trailer........with children. Truly, I nearly cried after seeing the video I am about to post.

Where are our wealthy folks out there to create a safe haven for the poor? Why are we tolerating the tear's of children. I am so very upset by the following link:

www.cbsnews.com...

If I were wealthy, I would create a safe haven for these people. We as benevolent people need to come together and create safe havens for these folks. I am outraged!

Jobs and food are scarce. I'm willing to give. We need a leader to help the unfortunate. The only ones that can help are the ones with money. I will support at any cost.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Start it up then! Get donations, start a non-profit, give generously to charities, volunteer at homeless shelters, contact them and see if they need anyone to help them acquire additional properties and then start hitting construction companies to see who wants to have the new homeless shelter sponsored by _______. I realize that you are spreading the message, but, unless you are going to do something about it, don't complain about the human condition, because you are as much at fault as everyone else that isn't doing anything, myself included.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

i dont care.....................

really...

i lived in my car untill the car was stolen.
then i lived on the ground or in a burned out van,, sleeping with my head zipped inside my jacket,
hoping to keep breathing so i could stay warm enough,, to keep breathing..

it is @$#%!# up.. but i survived.. it was not MY fault either ..

life is hard ,, Harder for some.....but what doesnt KILL us.. makes us Stronger//BETTER people.

yes it is hard on children,, i would not wish it on MY kids.

but.. it can get better,, for most,,and yet,,sadly, not ALL..

imagine...THESE ARE the GOOD OLD DAYS..

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
At least they have a car to live in. There is worse poverty. What matters is that there is illusion in Western societies, people always seem to believe that others will always have something to eat, a shelter to sleep under. They think poverty is relegated to places like Africa and South East Asia. When it's right before their eyes. Attitude towards homeless is often one of scorn. If anything, things like this are showing that people should look to their own countries, before going to help others, and poverty can occur on the other side of the world, or on the other side of the street. Westerners are truly living the dream, and a dream is what is really sadly is.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I have helped people on many levels. Here on ATS and other places. I've helped with transportation and food.

Cities need to create safe havens for the ever growing disenfranchised people. I'm all on board with helping people. What have you done?

I'm very concerned with the well being of the unemployed and the young ones that have to endure this awful depression. Yes, it is a depression.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I feel you on this and my thoughts are it is only going to get worse.people / kids living in tents cars and storage units is a bad feeling. people can't find work and the people who have a little extra give it to non-profit's who have to have the 6 figure a year income and little goes out. S&F for you for being a caring person.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Thank you Skipper. My question is...why would it be so hard to convince our cities to create a safe haven for these unfortunate families?

I'm not sure how to go about it. The city I live in is not as crippled. Midwest here.

However, I did live in central Florida and know the pain the folks are going through.

It irks me big time that the city of Orlando continually discourages helping the poor.

Every major city needs to set up a place where people feel safe. It is only going to get worse for Americans. We have no planning in place.

We need to act now....not later. I would like some feed back as to how I can address our cities, government, etc.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I'm going to write my mayor. Truly, I guarantee I will set a precedent across this country. I'm fully intending on being as ardent as I can be in following up on this issue. You will know who I am when I get things going!

For those of you on the edge, you have my prayers. I'm going to work for you!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
Thank you Skipper. My question is...why would it be so hard to convince our cities to create a safe haven for these unfortunate families?

The truth is the shareholders will not approve this loss. Local cities are broke but they manage to get paid on time.

I'm not sure how to go about it. The city I live in is not as crippled. Midwest here.

However, I did live in central Florida and know the pain the folks are going through.

It irks me big time that the city of Orlando continually discourages helping the poor.

I spent Aug 2 - Oct 6 in Florida ( Coco Beach area) this place is sad. stores closed down people are broke. After Nasa shut down 6K jobs in a major time of economic crisis seems government planned to me.

Every major city needs to set up a place where people feel safe. It is only going to get worse for Americans. We have no planning in place.

I agree with you 100%. I myself and my wife live on a 43ft sailboat by choice and I have a family of 3 (homeless) living on my 22 FT sailboat. It is better then the streets.

We need to act now....not later. I would like some feed back as to how I can address our cities, government, etc.

I wish I had a answer for you here after we watched the POS spend tons and tons of money on failed bailouts and zero on the people I have no answer

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I do wish you luck and I am pretty sure you misinterpreted what I wrote and saw what you wanted to see.
Take care.

Edit: I would be on board completely if we could weed out the ones that weren't hard done by, but, have chosen their path...and make no mistake, everything is your choice.
edit on 29-11-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

For the slow, I will be the devil's advocate.

Good idea.
Now for the real problem.
Where will we store all of this trash?
I do not want this rabble tramping past my house in clear view of my innocent children.
Most of these homeless are criminals and lazy people who would rob you just because of your status and their lack of.
Therefore I will speak to my local representative, whether city, county, state, Etc.
I will block permits and licensing for any shelter anywhere in my city, as it will increase crime, and drop my standards of living.

Once again the devil's advocate, but you know these are out there.
How do you combat that?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

I do wish you luck and I am pretty sure you misinterpreted what I wrote and saw what you wanted to see.
Take care.

Edit: I would be on board completely if we could weed out the ones that weren't hard done by, but, have chosen their path...and make no mistake, everything is your choice.
edit on 29-11-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

I understand what you are saying.. However, every region has its different issues. The fact is...there is a lack of employment and a severe lack of empathy towards our fellow human beings. Thanx for your input.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
proof America is the biggest hypocrite nation in the world.

proof America is imperial, not democratic.

proof America invests in amassing and using nuclear, radioactive, and various weapons of mass destruction

proof America values killing millions abroad, than helping millions at home

proof American government employees are milking citizen tax dollars meant for public services

proof America doesn't support middle class, mediocrity, or moderation anymore

proof America steals resources since founding and still today, borrows dishonestly with no intent of repayment

proof America's elite are hoarding all assets in full anticipation of Cold War on Debtor (china) so as not to pay

proof America is Orwellian laughing stock of whole world

proof American constitution is a satire or parody ie of All Men are Equal

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

For the slow, I will be the devil's advocate.

Good idea.
Now for the real problem.
Where will we store all of this trash?

explain / define the trash

I do not want this rabble tramping past my house in clear view of my innocent children.

So you would rather see the kids eating your trash at the dump? out of sight out of mind?

Most of these homeless are criminals and lazy people who would rob you just because of your status and their lack of.

Please provide links to backup your claim

Therefore I will speak to my local representative, whether city, county, state, Etc.
I will block permits and licensing for any shelter anywhere in my city, as it will increase crime, and drop my standards of living.

The day you need help PLEASE remember your words!

Once again the devil's advocate, but you know these are out there.
How do you combat that?

send them straight back to hell.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Your argument is quite good. As a matter of fact, you gave a good honest answer in which I will include in my letter to the mayor of my city.

Your post is exactly what I am looking for. Honesty.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

**Again for the purpose of devil's advocate.**

explain / define the trash

The homeless trash, did I stutter? Lazy filthy trash.

So you would rather see the kids eating your trash at the dump? out of sight out of mind?

That would be fine, as long as My standard of living does not get lowered as well as the standard of my family and business.

Please provide links to backup your claim

That is the beautiful thing about these crazy's, they are just like undocumented workers. there is no proof, but we know this to be true.

The day you need help PLEASE remember your words!

I am well off, what would I need with your help?

send them straight back to hell.

Unfortunately, we are not going anywhere.
We own the banks and business capitol to start and fail business.
We control the media and your life.
The land you live on, yep rented from me and my buddies.
Yep, we own your world, we are not going straight back to hell, we would rather hold you there.

**Remember folks, devil's advocate.**
But, somewhere deep down, you know there are folks that feel this way.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

It is amazing what a small percentage of folks can do.
Heck look at what the US has become, on account of a few idiots.
Sometimes you have to look to the extreme bad to estimate your chances of survival.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

If you want to do something about apathy, you have to handle your own first.

Here in the US the unlucky survive in a car. Elsewhere they succumb in the mud. How low can society go? Low.

Many humanitarians have come and gone. And they have done some good. But none of them have solved the problem. As long as humanitarians have powerful enemies, that "haven for the disadvantaged" can lose its funds or be blown to bits.

But in recent years there have been a few humanitarians who have made some real strides forward. Of course their work is opposed. But if you care to heed them, I think you will find they all make the same basic points:

1. Poverty, misery and suffering are more than "bad luck." They are created by control freaks who can point to them and say, "This will happen to you if you do not obey!"

2. The ultimate defense is ultimate freedom. If a being can transition rather painlessly to living without a body to protect and care for, this is his absolute best defense against the enemies of life.

3. In the meantime, we have to create a society that agrees on the sacredness of basic human rights, and has some workable means to protect itself from criminal behavior.

One listing of basic rights is the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. This was signed by many nations in 1948. If we could reform government to the point where it would work to ensure these basic rights for all citizens, that would be a positive step on our way to ultimate freedom.

Where criminality has been protected, dishonesty has occurred. Restoring the individual's willingness and ability to be honest is a major part of any humanitarian reform effort. Technology exists to accomplish this.

4. You create your own feelings.

If this reform ever takes place, it will be because people changed their minds. It will be because individuals decided that they didn't have to react to a situation with hopelessness or surrender. It will be because people found ways to do the "impossible;" that they somehow created a better future by deciding that it should be that way.

Human suffering on this planet has always been prolific and hard to face. It was our churches that used to play a huge role in caring for the disadvantaged. But now many of those groups have been found to be infiltrated by criminals. No rich person or government program can really protect us from human suffering. It always comes back to us as individuals. We must refuse to succumb to the apathetic messages spread by the enemies of life. When one group fails our trust, we must be strong enough to create a new group that can honestly help. In the end, it's up to us.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
How about this if you could get the capital and a place to have such a business.
A large area of land with those big metal shipping containers as rooms to house families / bunkmates, say 6 max to a box.
Limited staying priveleges a month or two or so....I dunno.
Daytime you bump folks out and have a worklot similar to what you see the illegals in front of home depot doing.
Or folks could also volunteer to do work about the complex to better the area.
If folks need workers, they can come pick up day workers.
Meals could be provided in the morning and a dinner at night with donations.
Yes this is a commune or a co-op but it is only a stepping stone for those who wish to re-integrate into society.
My idea is not perfect but it is an idea, please any additions would be welcome to smooth out the model.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
My city is cutting services to the poor and elderly- even though when I looked at the figures to run them, it wasn't that much! (and all goes back into the community!)

Then they keep passing stupid laws about how you can't own chickens or cows- even if you have a lot of land.

I hate them all but you know, I can't move. It wouldn't make sense. It's crazy though- it's like on one hand there's no jobs and no money, and on the other hand the govt. is making it worse be setting this hoidy toidy standard.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join