It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch A Bunch Of Dogs Experience Sunlight And Grass For The First Time

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
so what was the point of letting them out of their cages, just for a few minutes, just to put them back in for a 6 hour car ride?
they are lab animals, not people, not pets. they dont understand what any of that repeated high pitched squealing with delight was about, they dont know who or what "puppy" is.

to me it seems needlessly cruel to confuse them just for a little contrived sentiment in-front of a camera.

that music sounds just sounds hollow in my ears.

whatever... theyre all ok now i guess.
but the video does not make me feel good, it pretty much just makes me sick of the human race all around... again.
the ones who feel they need to use innocent animals for their own gain, and even worse, the vampires who need to soak up their pain by "freeing" them in the most selfish way possible.

lets lock your baby in a closet for 10 years, then set him loose in the front yard and video tape how confused he is by the sunlight.. then we can drive him to a nice farm where he can poop in the yard and bark at the other animals and feel so great about ourselves that he is free... who cares if he is forever mentally deranged... hes free.. and we'll have such a touching heartwarming video to cry over.

lol
insanity.

Damn!!!

would you prefer the Dogs where still at the lab .....

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

to me, empathy is when you feel the pain or joy etc they feel.

not manipulate people by parading a poor animal in front of a camera to some sappy old hippie music for a few cheap tears.

how do you imagine the animals felt after this sappy moment, when they were put back into their cages and loaded back onto the truck for 6 hours?

where is you empathy there?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Burgo1010

no, i would prefer if they werent used as props for this stupid video, i would prefer if they had been taken to wherever they needed to go, and let outside someplace where they wouldnt have to be shoved back into their cages after only a few minutes of freedom.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

While I read your post with respect, try to understand that by taping events such as those featured in this thread - we are sharing information and we are learning.

I realise you see the pain within the entire event - yes I can see it too. Technology allows us to share information on many levels with many intentions. Just remember that the Dogs could have lived their entire life in a cage and died there and never known human kindness.

Human kindness can heal and help in every situation. Try to see that the Dogs were in pain and now they are free to heal - regardless of whether they are permanently damaged - if the Dogs were not rescued - it is we who have been permanently damaged. If we don't try we have already failed.

Any attempt at a rescue is far better than no rescue. When rescue is not an option we can pray for the Soul and learn from the pain of loss and defeat. Love and care are all we have sometimes.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i have a suspicion that the people who enjoy videos like this are the same sort who watch jerry springer, celeb rehab, and other reality tv designed to milk emotional response.

i apologize if my preference for genuine emotion makes you feel like a phony. but i would suggest you stop faking your life through the safe lens of media, you seem to have lost touch with reality.

go outside and do something real, get a better grip on it.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I see exactly where you are coming from ... Agreed
truthfully I never watched the video, saw this on a Animal Rights website I work with weeks ago.
lol jerry springer, I don't watch tv because of crap like that

edit on 30/11/2011 by Burgo1010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

This video is for ‘bleeding hearts’ my ass. I am the polar opposite of a bleeding heart and smiled wider than I can ever remember when I watched these beautiful innocent animals finally be released from their prison cells. Animals are a not person, that is obvious, but just because they are not human does not mean they are undeserving of respect.

Every slaughter house should have walls of see-through glass for people to actually witness how their food is ‘prepared’, if they cannot handle it then do not eat it. Taking an animal’s life for food should not be some happy game; it should serve a purpose and be in a respectful way to that creature. People would prefer to ignore this like nothing actually happens, but they need to be shown the reality, watch the cow take a bullet to the head or a pig have its throat slit while it is squealing, if you cannot handle that then do not eat it!

Experimenting on innocent animals however is even more barbaric than our ways of slaughter. Locked inside cages within laboratories never having companionship, never smelling clean air or basking in the warmth of the sun, never having an owner stroke their fur or even know what it feels like to have someone love them. No, they are subjecting to experiments which could poison and/or kill them while being handled by cold hands and isolated their entire lives. Yes, there has to be medical experiments but instead of doing this to innocent animals how about testing on people sentenced to death row? They are not people anymore in this world, so just use them before we dispose of them.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

technology allows us to share, but why not share something real?
everything about this video feels staged for the cameras.
what is the point of faking this moment when it could have been done genuinely?

to me it feels like things like this only allow people to sit back and feel satisfied about the good being done in the world without having to participate themselves.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I actually watch very little TV and I certainly do not watch the shows you cited. Please don't assume to know about people when you have not spent time with them.

I imagine the people who were rescuing the Dogs could not handle their own pain at watching their charges spend one more second in the cage. They may have recorded the event so that people without the means to help can know that rescues are happening. More rescues may happen now. More rescued animals may find homes.

The Dogs were actually allowed out during the long trip home. Also consider that the Dogs were not pulled out of the cages but were allowed to make their own way out in their own time. Animals have instincts and they were most likely already sensing that going back in the cage was only temporary - after all they were in a completely different environment and with completely different people.

I know and understand the pain you write about - but to conquer pain and fear you have to push through to the other side. The Dogs are now okay. Now all we have to do is try to correct the gazillion other wrongs in this world.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepThoughtCriminal
The article really says not much. I mean, they were taken from science laboratory, where it means they must be kept in strictly controlled environments. I think animals are great and I care for them, but if we did not use them in research, where to go for our medical advances?

you die....You live your life, and then you die...Just like the rest of the world...Just like my tomato plants, just like the elephant, the trout, and the beagle...

You live, you get sick, you die, just like everyone and everything else...

Torturing these animals gives you a few extra minutes...And what will you do with those minutes?...What difference would it make in the eternity of the universe?

I'd like to know which laboratory, and in turn which corporations such a laboratory would have contracts with...

edit on 30-11-2011 by OneEleven because: Its fun

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This video is fake...

These dogs have left that cage at some point,
maybe not at the new place the lady took them
but they had to be out of the cage before as
the cage is CLEAN, no dog crap, no food staines
CLEAN..

Sensational fake video to fool dumb people
it worked.....

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
How can they walk if they wear all ways in cages.

One of my first questions!!!

The legs would of been to weak to walk....

I'm not saying the dog was never abused
and that is why it is shy but the whole first time
out of the cage and first bit of sunshine is
a lie. Which is fine if you like to be lied too..

I do not believe this video is real..

Propaganda feel good BS for youtube hits
and donations to there org////////

thats all folks
edit on 30-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I am a dog lover but they are not at the top of the food chain. We are. It's unfortunate but part f life.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

I'd imagine they were brought out to do their business. I do find it odd that they wouldn't bring the dogs outside though...
edit on 30-11-2011 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Yes using the we need to test on animals argument is a lame justification for saying it is better to torture another life so that on the off chance I get sick I can prolong my existence.
Reapers gonna get you in the end how many innocents will you stand on to stay out of its reach just a little longer?
(I'm sorry little guy I need to torture you because my comfort and health is more important than you) I am on the top of the food chain and I will use that advantage to negate your right to life. I must have wrinkle cream and shampoo which is tested on an Innocent because I am to cowardly to test it on myself.
Write this on my epitaph I am the uninvolved man and I can find an excuse to justify what is so clearly wrong so I can look at myself in the mirror.
Is it better to test on animals? For a coward it is they don't have to face the victim in court.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I think we should be developing technology to move beyond these primitive methods.

Edit: Maybe someday we'll get the heck off this planet, and ban the crazy people from the new one.
edit on 30-11-2011 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Its makes me so said that they lived there whole lives in agony. Just watching that first dogs eyes as the cage opened up i wanted to shed a tear. Its so sad how much pain and anguish is in our world. There are thousands of animals who will spend there life in a cage and that's all they know.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
This video is fake...

These dogs have left that cage at some point,
maybe not at the new place the lady took them
but they had to be out of the cage before as

The dogs stumbled when they (finally) came out of the cages. A couple had a hard time walking.

the cage is CLEAN, no dog crap, no food staines
CLEAN..

Sensational fake video to fool dumb people
it worked.....

Hmm...clean cages, clean cages. Maybe the clean cages were what they were transferred to? It takes a dumb person to understand that, I guess.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This is what will happen to humanity in the near future!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepThoughtCriminal
reply to post by The Old American

The article really says not much. I mean, they were taken from science laboratory, where it means they must be kept in strictly controlled environments. I think animals are great and I care for them, but if we did not use them in research, where to go for our medical advances? Videos like this are bleeding hearts, and I hate that they enspire people to protest against all animal science use, including medical research. (I've met a few people like that). It implies of rampant cruelty and that's not the case.

That being said, it was nice seeing those dogs get out of there.

Why don't you volunteer to be one of the guinea pigs for the scientists to experiment on?

Animals are livings things, just like humans are, they are conscious, they feel pain, they experience emotions. To say this about animals makes me sick. Call me a bleeding heart, whatever, but to experiment on animals in a manner which is cruel, is plain wrong.

Most of the diseases out there, come from our diet. We are ingesting chemicals of processed, fatty, preserved, and manufactured food. If we were to actually live our lives according to nature, such experiments on animals would not be required. But no..... go eat a mcdonalds, get sick, and thing of the animals they're slicing open to maybe cure you. Then when you're cured, go eat at mcdonalds again. Then wonder why you have cancer.

Live a natural, healthy, organic, lifestyle, and find that life is much better. Then you would see how disgusting human beings really are.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join