It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch A Bunch Of Dogs Experience Sunlight And Grass For The First Time

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
You all cry for these flea ridden dogs.

Yet in many parts of the world Children a re kept in worse condition and yet
no one cares because it doesn't effect their lives in their country or home.

I dont care one bit about the plight of any animal. I prefer to save my passion for mistreated children!!

No Star or Flag as this is pointless!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
You all cry for these flea ridden dogs.

Yet in many parts of the world Children a re kept in worse condition and yet
no one cares because it doesn't effect their lives in their country or home.

I dont care one bit about the plight of any animal. I prefer to save my passion for mistreated children!!

No Star or Flag as this is pointless!

Good thing I didn't post it for stars and flags.

So are you saying anyone that feels compassion for mistreated animals can't also feel compassion for mistreated children? I'm a subhuman for posting a video that brought happiness to me, and felt that I should share it with the community?

Happiness and joy are pointless to you? What a sad, desperate, dark world you must live in. I feel for you. I hope you get better.

Meanwhile, we'll enjoy any small token of happiness that we can, even if it's just some dogs that have never known that joy until this one, shining moment.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Poor beatles.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

I care deeply for Children and Animals - you can do both - it is possible.
Open that beautiful heart of yours and picture the abused Children patting a dog or cat....

It is often Animals that help abused Children heal. The animal offers unconditional love and attention and because the Child was abused by a human - the animal is less threatening and offers much comfort.

We would cry if we watched a video about Children being rescued - love and care are universal.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepThoughtCriminal
reply to post by The Old American

The article really says not much. I mean, they were taken from science laboratory, where it means they must be kept in strictly controlled environments. I think animals are great and I care for them, but if we did not use them in research, where to go for our medical advances? Videos like this are bleeding hearts, and I hate that they enspire people to protest against all animal science use, including medical research. (I've met a few people like that). It implies of rampant cruelty and that's not the case.

That being said, it was nice seeing those dogs get out of there.

Not much else has to be said once you hear they have never stepped foot onto grass. Like someone said earlier, if they had at least been able to roam and socialize and had some toys and even fake grass then it might not sound so awful. But to show such neglect that is obviously present by the fact that the dogs had trouble walking straight and had never stepped foot onto real ground is unacceptable and heartless. Question is, how many of their buddies didn't make it that far?

What if aliens made themselves known and started abducting people for 'good causes' and the advancement of their science and word got back to you (in your now controlled environment) that some of your abducted family members had unfortunately expired due to some testing (for good causes no doubt)? No complaints or injustice there, agreed?

Don't forget, you're an animal too.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

I care deeply for Children and Animals - you can do both - it is possible.

It's one or the other, you can't love everything!

/end sarcasm

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
I believe animals are food. But mistreating them in any way just for humans to live comfortably, is cruel and inhumane.

That statement is a complete contradiction. How can you mistreat "food"? The reality is they are not "food" but are living conscious beings with 5 senses. We share DNA with all animals.

reply to post by rexusdiablos

I agree.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

I did not advocate loving everything.
You should be aware that kindness heals - as for sarcasm - what's the old adage?
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

This thread is all about love and care being shown to dogs who were abused and tortured.
You get in a cage and endure abuse and torture and see what it is that will help you heal when you are rescued.
Chances are you will respond to love and care.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burgo1010

Originally posted by UndergroundMilitia
"I believe animals are food"??? And I believe we are animals, does that make us food too????

Yes, animals are food. Cattle cannot digest meat, therefore the only food available for them are plants. Humans developed the capacity to eat meat. Our biological processes require protein to function efficiently. While we can get protein from nuts, oats, soy, and beans, they are sub-par for maintaining your body.

Unless we eat each other, we have to depend on animals for protein.

/TOA

my animals are my friends, i don't eat my friends

My animals, two cats, a dog, and 20 fish, are my friends, too. I'm not saying we should eat our companions, but animals are our food. Some we just choose not to eat.

But this isn't the topic of the thread, and I think some of you are really being negative on purpose to derail a happy thread. Stop it. We don't want to be sucked into whatever private, pathetic hell you live in, so much so that you can't even let us enjoy seeing a moment of happiness. Get some professional help or get a puppy.

/TOA

I went outside and did some gardening then returned to see my last post deleted, Thank you admin

I was not actually derailing the thread, your information regarding animal testing is in error, I pointed out that 20 million plus animals are used, tested on and killed each year, the people who run this great organisation ... well the ladies husband is Keith Mann, an original A.L.F founder ..
Those who tell others to get professional help are generally in need of it themselves

As for being being in Hell ... lol
I used to be so I can tell you its a real place, life today is good and drug free ... btw I'm an ARA so I fail to see how I derailed a thread about AR .... S&F for a great thread about Animal rights

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacemanjupiter

Originally posted by DeepThoughtCriminal

What if aliens made themselves known and started abducting people for 'good causes' and the advancement of their science and word got back to you (in your now controlled environment) that some of your abducted family members had unfortunately expired due to some testing (for good causes no doubt)? No complaints or injustice there, agreed?

Don't forget, you're an animal too.

I think this is already going on ,its just that most of us have not been "abducted" (that we can recall atleast) and tests done on us etc, but for those who have been and do have some recall about it , do have some complaints.

Watch the movie "fire in the sky" that will give you an idea on how an abduction could be deemed an injustice.
edit on 30-11-2011 by Reevster because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
reply to post by L00kingGlass

I did not advocate loving everything.
You should be aware that kindness heals - as for sarcasm - what's the old adage?
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

This thread is all about love and care being shown to dogs who were abused and tortured.
You get in a cage and endure abuse and torture and see what it is that will help you heal when you are rescued.
Chances are you will respond to love and care.

Much Peace...

I was agreeing with you. The sarcasm was intended for six6six.

Edit: I personally love "most" things.

edit on 30-11-2011 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

link   
Just shows how rampant ignorance is. All those perfumes, all the people who would do anything to help those dogs, and those same people use the perfumes/colognes. If we were aware on any respectable level, none of us would stand for the injustices in the world. It's that simple.

My point is people are not evil. They are ignorant. The animal testing is done in secretive labs, and kept out of the headlines. Bribes of the media probably come into this. Wouldn't that be a hell of a story, to share primetime that cats and dogs are getting acid sprayed into their eyes for the benefit of some perfume company. But the media doesn't get into any of that sensationalism, something that happens everyday that they'd have no problem getting information and research on. Something that would absolutely mortify the news viewers.

No, for some reason, this doesn't get reported. The absolute easiest thing to generate an emotional and invested response from your viewers. The simplest bang for your buck any news organization could imagine. Not a word.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz

Answer me this. Do you believe abortion is right. Yes or no.

In an ideal world, in which procreation is undertaken responsibly and crime is eliminated, abortion wouldn't be necessary. That being said, it's not an ideal world, a world in which abortion is practiced and contested. From what I understand of abortion, life is life. No parent is legally allowed to kill their offspring. It's pretty black and white until we enter the grey that is the medical definition of what sentient life is.

My original comment addressed a contradiction in the OP. Are you sure your point is on topic?

Originally posted by daggyz

2nd point. You are assuming plants don't have fuller lives than animals becuase you don't see it that way or understand them the way they do. fter all the evos tell us plants were here before the animals which means animals came form plants and therefore if we eat plants we are eating the lifegiver of animals. Now I suggest you go eat vitamins for the rest of your life or try another planet... there's plenty out there
edit on 30-11-2011 by daggyz because:

Your description of my views on eating plants is inaccurate. I don't feed on plants because I deem them an irrelevant life form, I feed on them because the only other option is death through malnutrition. You're reasoning can be extended to squashing insects, killing bacteria or biochemical reactions. Personally, I draw the line where emotional suffering is involved. The vegan diet pretty much covers this.

Plants, for all we know, could be suffering in a way that isn't perceptible to us (spiritual, extra-dimensional). The most logical conclusion in my mind is transhumanism through nanotechnology whereby we eliminate the necessity to feed and out-mode the digestive organs.
edit on 30/11/2011 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

The animal experimentation your talking about is only used to advance research for the pharmaceutical industry. All they do is develop drugs to treat our symptoms and keep us sick so we keep paying them money for more drugs. Am I wrong? They have been killing animals while trying to cure cancer, aids, Alzheimer, etc. for decades and we are no closer now than when the research first began. Yet we pay billions of dollars every year to treat our symptoms. They test the drugs on animals first to make sure people wont just drop dead. Lots of animals drop dead. People stay sick and continue to shovel money in the big pharma's bank account.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Just saw the posted vid Earthlings - Full length documentary (multi-subtitles)
Extrememly disturbing ,...I dont understand what type pf people can actually do the acts in that video
Skinning the dogs alive & letting them linger like that ? even the cow slaughterhouse , someone slits the thought
& pulls out the trachea & they suffer for several minutes ? What kind of person WANTS to do this for a living?
I understand we have to use animals for some things , but with todays technology it seems there must be a better way ,..All I can say is if you can do those things in that video I dont want to share the planet with you,....

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by UndergroundMilitia
"I believe animals are food"??? And I believe we are animals, does that make us food too????

Yes, animals are food. Cattle cannot digest meat, therefore the only food available for them are plants. Humans developed the capacity to eat meat. Our biological processes require protein to function efficiently. While we can get protein from nuts, oats, soy, and beans, they are sub-par for maintaining your body.

Unless we eat each other, we have to depend on animals for protein.

/TOA

That is propaganda from the meat industry you have bought into. I have tested this myself I have perfect health lots of energy and can bicep pull 100+ kilo sets. Not eating meat does not mean you are going to get weak or unhealthy. In fact I have not had more than 1 sick day this year and that was 1 day.
As far as the propaganda used to treat our fellow earthlings as products for our consumption that is just untrue I denounce it as ignorance. Evolve your consciousness mate or stay in your current state. Some people prefer ignorance. Animal Slavery and the meat industry are huge dollar industries one you have bought into.
Eating a vegetarian diet and treating your fellow earthlings with respect is in my opinion a choice of the more evolved. Flame away.
edit on 30-11-2011 by Shirak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
What gives humanity the right to treat animals in this way. Those poor little babies. It's not humanity it's inhumanity. Thanks for post even though it made me sad and want to run home and cuddle my very spoilt dog. S & F.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Thank you for the post O.P. I didn't have the guts to read others comment because there is alway someone ignorant that believe animals are dumb and don't have the feelings and emotions us human have, as if we are gods. I find it odd so many peole feel or sense we are getting read to move into some higher state, until we regard ALL life as special and valuable, we will never evolve.
S&F

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
so what was the point of letting them out of their cages, just for a few minutes, just to put them back in for a 6 hour car ride?
they are lab animals, not people, not pets. they dont understand what any of that repeated high pitched squealing with delight was about, they dont know who or what "puppy" is.

to me it seems needlessly cruel to confuse them just for a little contrived sentiment in-front of a camera.

that music sounds just sounds hollow in my ears.

whatever... theyre all ok now i guess.
but the video does not make me feel good, it pretty much just makes me sick of the human race all around... again.
the ones who feel they need to use innocent animals for their own gain, and even worse, the vampires who need to soak up their pain by "freeing" them in the most selfish way possible.

lets lock your baby in a closet for 10 years, then set him loose in the front yard and video tape how confused he is by the sunlight.. then we can drive him to a nice farm where he can poop in the yard and bark at the other animals and feel so great about ourselves that he is free... who cares if he is forever mentally deranged... hes free.. and we'll have such a touching heartwarming video to cry over.

lol
insanity.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

Its called empathy
Some people have it some people don't.
Its the ones who don't I usually suspect when neighborhood cats go missing.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join