It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch A Bunch Of Dogs Experience Sunlight And Grass For The First Time

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk
reply to post by capone1

I'm a Christian and I'm going with the account in Genesis.
So there was no death before the fall. The first sacrifice being the Lord made Adam & Eve clothing from animal skin since they were then aware of their nakedness. As a result of this change, I think we adapted to eat meat. Makes sense to me.

"God" rewards the one creature that makes the mistake. Every other innocent creature at the garden becomes human food, clothing and accessories. Makes perfect sense.
edit on 30-11-2011 by lupodigubbio because: clarity

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

Whenever one living creature decides it is more highly evolved and therefore has the right to restrain and conduct cruel tests on another the balance of life is negatively impacted. I am of the mindset that animals (of which we are one) share a responsibility to respect our fellow creatures. We have become obsessed with the idea of maintaining our youth and living as long as we can. We have taken a position to fight aging and death. I personally am not willing to mistreat another creature so that I can live another day or smell better with less wrinkles. I understand that we all live at the expense of others. But how vain are we? Do we think that we can defeat death? To deny your emotions of empathy for others will not protect you forever. I gave up hunting when I realized I could no longer justify it. Please understand I once had a similar attitude about the priority to human life but as I am now 63 years old I have learned that there are things that make life worth living. I hope you will understand where I am coming from. I am not trying to confront you only encourage you to allow yourself to feel.
Thanks.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

If one were to go to the www.thevegetariansite.com... which is listed in the "companies that still test on animals" tab, you would find this:

Many manufacturers of personal care and household items still test their products on animals, despite the growing number of alternative methods for evaluating product safety. The following list contains all such companies known and their associated brand names. This list originally was compiled from two primary references (cited at the bottom of this page). In addition, it is updated as new information is made available to us. We cannot fully guarantee its accuracy, so please use the list accordingly--and do let us know if you can offer any further updates. You may wish to print out the list and take it along next time you go shopping! Please also note that all over-the-counter medicines and/or their ingredients are extensively tested on animals, as currently required by the FDA.

Alcon Labs
Allergan, Inc.
Answer
Arm & Hammer
ArmorAll
Arrid
Axe
Aziza
Bain de Soleil
Ban Roll-on
Banana Boat
Bausch & Lomb
Benckiser
BenGay
Biotherm
Block Drug Co. Inc.
Bounty
Boyle-Midway
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.
Cacherel
Cargill
Carpet Fresh
Carter-Wallace
Chesebrough-Ponds
Church & Dwight
Clarion
Clairol
Clear Choice
Clorox
Commerce Drug Co.
Consumer Value Stores
Coppertone
Coty
Cover Girl
Crest
Dana Perfumes
Dawn
Del Laboratories
Desitin
Dial Corporation
Diversey
Dove
Dow Brands
Drackett Products Co.
Drano
EcoLab
Eli Lilly & Co.
El Sanofi Inc.
Elizabeth Arden
Erno Laszlo
Faberge
Fantastik
Fendi
Final Net
Finesse
First Response
Flame Glow
Garnier
Giorgio Armani
Givaudan-Roure
Glade
Glass Plus
Helena Rubinstein
Helene Curtis Industries
Herbal Essences
Huggies
ISO
Ivory
Jhirmack
Johnson & Johnson
Johnson Products Co.
Jovan
Kaboom
Keri
Kimberly-Clark Corp
Kiwi Brands
Kleenex
Lady's Choice
Lancaster
Lancome
Lava
Lever Brothers
Lipton
Listerine
L'Oreal USA
Lubriderm
Lux
Lysol
Matrix Essentials
Max Factor
Maybelline
Mead
Mop & Glo
Nair
Naturelle
Neutrogena
Neutron Industries, Inc.
Olean
Orange Glo
Oscar de la Renta
OxiClean
Pantene
Parfums International
Pearl Drops
Pennex
Pfizer, Inc.
Pine-Sol
Plax
Playtex Corporation
Pledge
Polident
Ponds
Post-It
Prestige Brands
Prince Matchabelli
Proctor & Gamble Co.
Quintessence
Raid
Ralph Lauren Fragrances
Reckitt Benckiser
Redken
Resolve
Richardson-Vicks
Sally Beauty Supply
Sally Hansen
Sanofi
SC Johnson & Son
Schering-Plough
Scotch
Scott Paper Co.
Scrub Free
Sensodyne
Signal
SmithKline Beecham
Snobal
SoftSheen
S.O.S.
Stanhome Inc.
Sterling Drug
Suave
Sun Star
Sunsilk
TCB Naturals
Tegrin
3M
Tide
Tilex
Trojan
Truvia
Unilever
Vaseline
Vichy
Vidal Sassoon
Visine
Vivid
Warner-Lambert
Westwood Pharmaceuticals
White Shoulders
Whitehall Laboratories
Windex
Woolite

Obviously, many many non-pharmaceutical companies in the above list. Lots of cosmetics though. Mop-n-glo????? Pledge?????? What else could they be testing in these products, since they HAVE BEEN TESTING those ingredients for years. The ingredients haven't changed. If Triethanolamine for instance is dangerous, what difference does it make if it's in one or a thousand products. Why keep testing the same products over and over again? Freakin disgusting!

edit on 30-11-2011 by Gridrebel because:

... I quoted it again just for the 'HaliButturton' of it to ALL^SEE
... If we can get this Xmas 'AmeriChina' wishlist
... 'sit on China color red $anta'$ '
... to grow longer

... Not to mention
... I know how much fellow ATSers wanted to read it again

edit on 30-11-2011 by CosmicWaterGate because: ... Forgot my HFCS...candy ! Cane&Able for the 'Holy Days'... It'$ beginning to look like Xma$$e$ after all

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

Man has the freedom to make choices. They were not robots and we are not machines neither.
Do you not believe in freedom? The curse of original sin affected every part of creation. Just as you decide what to eat, drink, watch, listen to, people have the right for the same.
If you want freedom, you must let others have their freedom.
It doesn't matter if you disagree with them. If they're not harming people or property then they can have their freedom. Treat people how you want to be treated.
edit on 30-11-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I would of cried without the music. Just seeing them react to the feeling of grass on their feet along with being able to stretch!! Priceless!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1
I agree with the majority of what you say, but how do you figure man wasn't made to eat meat?

The lack of claws and talons might explain it...?

edit on 30/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: corrected to a quote

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Thank you for posting.

What cute dogs and brought a tear to my eye.

Sometimes we take for granted the basic products we see in our stores without realising that innocent anmials are subjected to sustained cruelty in the name of research and our thankless benefits.

Its the professionals who inflict this cruelty are the anmials.

I hope karma pays them a vist!!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk

Man has the freedom to make choices. They were not robots and we are not machines neither. Don't you believe in freedom? The curse of original sin affected every part of creation.

In order for me to understand you, I would first have to believe that:

a) God exists and created us.
b) He cares about humankind.
c) He is exactly as described in the bible (which would make him flawed and frankly, quite evil)
d) That he is willing to let his "favorite" sinful creation destroy every other living entity, especially for their pleasure and monetary gain in exchange for worship and control.
e) etc etc

Too many variables that I just can't process.

Humans choose death and torture of other beings for our own pleasure. We do this because we can get away with it, especially because there is no God to interfere and balance things out. If he exists, his corpse is somewhere in the universe floating around, as he too is one of mankind's victims, perhaps the first one.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Very moving. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
That video made me feel things....got a little teary eyed.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
whew, a thread thats not 20 pages in 30 minutes of the bottom dwellers of the internet posting their nonsense that i can read all the pages to see what everyones talking about.

i read the first page, and i'd just like to point out how stupid some of you were. um, do you think the amount of prisoners on death row is in anyway compared to the amount of animals available for medical testing? you can be, but i hope your not that stupid. the amount of cats and dogs born everyday is 7 times that of humans. the amount of people on death row in america right now, 3,251. not to mention the amount of strays out there who unlike how that video made it seem, wont ever, have never, or barely ever had the joys of getting petted, fed on a daily basis, and the comfort of a temperature regulated home. you do the math.

its always heart warming to see animals set free to enjoy the world, but calm down. id have to do further research, but yes, giorgio armani housing cats and dogs just to test their perfumes when their might be better, although im sure more costly alternatives, is something i can live without, but i wont ignorantly sit here and deny without further researching into the topic like some psychotic advocate for peta, that animal testing is not a necessity. yes we could go back to kidnapping people, testing on prisoners, and grave robbing, but why.

sometimes life has its necessary evils until we can progress pass that point. just like the shamans of past who would hunt and kill their meal, then thank them for their sacrifice of life through prayer, which is a highly noble and spiritual gesture considering a lion will rip your throat out and not think twice about it. but we still live in a time and a world of necessary evils like animal testing. one day 98 percent of us wont be the intellectual equivalent of rotting squash, but for now, we take the good with the bad, and unfortunately mostly just ignore the rest.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Week ago I amputated my thumb and shrugged it off as being very lucky.. no remorse or regrets.. just glad to be alive..

5 minutes into watching that, my heart dropped what felt like a pitless hole and I felt so drained and hollow..

Tears welled up and I had to walk away .. even as I write this I struggle to hold back the torrent of tears...

i need a distractioon..

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
I believe we did the human testing.
Nazi's didn't have a problem with using people as test subjects, isn't that how painkillers came about?

Though i am not for the testing on animals either.

But you cant have your cake and eat it, with respect.

arrogance ...

mate there is no need to test on any living creature, invitro testing and stem cells is the way forward, mmmm nice cake

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Beautiful video! We should not be experimenting on animals period. Why do people think they have that right?
We do not.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
That's right lads! Let's feel some wonderful pity for the way these animals are treated AND THEN GET RIGHT THE F*** BACK TO EATING THEM!

You all failed hard. Except the vegetarians.

Vegetarians eat cheese .... one of the cruelest things on earth, calves ripped from their mothers and killed when they reach a certain weight so you can eat cheese oh and is the rennet in your cheese from calves stomachs??? or do you mean VEGAN ... respectfully

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

The Old American

Great Video......... saw it here first..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You have taught me a little about copywriting me thinks......ha ha

Still a moving film..

regards

PDUK

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Can I possibly (state the obvious) and mention that these poor beagles are unrepresentative of the breed. I only say that in case some of you fall in love and decide that beagles are for you.

Beagles are pack dogs, hunting dogs, very active animals for whom scent and food are the number one priority. Think you're fit ? Beagles will still be running well after you've given up chasing them. No back yard or garden will constrain them & they're definitely not for homes where their owners are at work all day, they can become bored and destructive. They also tend to be possessive with items, whether it be their own toys, bedding, your clothes and shoes.

That being said, if you can live with all that ... they're adorable.

Thank you OP, a thought provoking video.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Dusty in this room.

Gets in my eyes.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I just found my Christmas charity for this year and have already subscribed to this cause. Thank you for enlightening me. I never buy products tested on animals and now I know why.

These dogs look very similar to my pooch and would die before my dog is mistreated like that
edit on 30/11/11 by Australiana because: (no reason given)

Would just like to note that I have done research in the past and it turns out that these same type of dogs (and cats) are subjected to testing animal food before it is sold to the public.

Many animals die painfully or become extremely sick when testing pet food. Before you buy your next pet food, do a google to see if the brand you buy is tested on animals or not as there are alternatives that are safe and are against animal testing.
edit on 30/11/11 by Australiana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You need to reevaluate your feeling on freedom. I tell you this, if you don't believe in a Creator which has given man certain inalienable rights just for being here, you really can't say what is right or wrong. There is no ultimate accountability and your whole world revolves around situational ethics. It's not up to me to prove that God exist. Don't take anything I say or anything anyone says and go with it. Go research for yourself. Go do some serious searching.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join