It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch A Bunch Of Dogs Experience Sunlight And Grass For The First Time

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Burgo1010

Same happened to me, and it changed my life for the better. May all sentient beings forgive us for the crimes we have committed against them and each other.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Beautiful dogs - this made me feel really good. Much respect to animal rescue organizations, animal foster homes, and the people that bring these dogs into their homes permanently.

My best good buddy is a beagle, and that made this all the more special for me.

And no offense to people who love other breeds, but aren't beagles just the coolest dogs ever!?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Great video. We had a similar experience with one of the two dashchunds we rescued. She had been a breeder dog and spent her life in a cage. They dumped her after a C section prevented her from having any more dogs. They also had her voice box removed so she couldn't bark.

We got her home and my wife nursed her back to health. It was pretty amazing watching her trying to figure out the grass.

Funny thing - we rescued our male about a year later, and he basically taught her to bark by using her diaphragm. Good stuff.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by lupodigubbio
reply to post by Burgo1010

Same happened to me, and it changed my life for the better. May all sentient beings forgive us for the crimes we have committed against them and each other.

Just imagine what an outsider of this world would think after watching human behavior, what we do to each other and the living things we're supposed to watch over.

We still have people walking around with the mentality that animals are food for humans and nothing more. We are in a sad misguided state right now, that's for damn sure. People have no respect for life and freedom, none. Sickening.

Excuse me, I'm going to go punch a wall.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It makes such a nice change to see something positive for once. I almost forgot what it felt like.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
That made me tear up.
Runny nose now.

Dogs are the best people, It has to make you wonder how the handlers manage to sit by and watch this happen.
How can anybody spend any amount of time around a dog and not become attached?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I found myself crying as well.. in sorrow for the animals still living this sort of life.... as well as for the joy in seeing them step out of their cages..and respond so positively to affection.

It's comforting to know their life of confinement and testing is behind them..and I applaud the groups who work so tirelessly in helping these animals that cannot help themselves.

Thank you for sharing this beautiful video..

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
People often say where would we go for research if we didn't do it on animals? I'm sorry but there are serial killers, rapists and all sorts of murdering scum across the planet locked up in prison that will never get out. There are your test subjects right there! Ease the burden of the tax payer and these people can finally serve a purpose!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Bless them! Kept inhumanely, and still come out exuding love and trust. Just magical. They're the perfect antidote to all the rottenness that goes on around us. Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

While I'm gratified that these guys have been freed, I find it reprehensible that Corporations are allowed to do this, especially to Beagles. There's a special place in Hell for these people, (And Michael Vick too, as he used Beagles as "Bait Dogs", may the fleas of a thousand camels infest his balls and eat.....).

And YES: Beagles are the GREATEST of Dogs. I've got 3 of them, my Little Pack of Hounds!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to
the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -
Unknown

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Love these posts
nice reminder of the beautiful and easilly forgotten in our world

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I had a rescue dog. She was a breeder. I had to teach her how to climb stairs and jump up on furniture. Strange and wonderful experience.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Wow, After reading through the list of companies that still do animal testing I realized just how hard it is to avoid contributing to the problem buying products that those companies make.

I also wondered exactly what kind of testing that TROJAN does on animals! Talk about getting f@#$ed....

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I believe we did the human testing.
Nazi's didn't have a problem with using people as test subjects, isn't that how painkillers came about?

Though i am not for the testing on animals either.

But you cant have your cake and eat it, with respect.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
We grew up with beagles. They are the greatest dogs. We had one pup that could out-hunt these 2 barn cats we had! They have such super sensitive and delicate noses. This pup we had caught a chimpunk, and would lay on the doorstep and lick it for hours. This went on for days, even tho I tossed that chippy in the woods a dozen times. Finally I dug a hole and buried it about a foot deep. Sure enough, the pup found it no problem.

Rewatch the video and see how that first beagle was getting the rush of his life thru his nose! Really cool!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Domo1
Damnt I knew I should't have watched that. I teared up and want to go adopt every dog out there. Thanks for posting it.

Aaah you big softie.

me too.

... DAM IT!!!... Even with the complete annihilation
... of life on the surface of earth WW3 'allegedly' about to begin because of???
... I have to admit that this was a ' ' ' TEAR ' ' ' -JERKER

... I can also imagine now what it's going to be like in the D.U.M.B's after 7 years
... & feel sorry for the un-lucky humans that will have to live
... much like the dogs did.. In that way soon too

edit on 30-11-2011 by CosmicWaterGate because: CME flare static...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing! Informative for me!
I would love to see more video of the joy of the animals adjusting rather than gratification of the owners, especially with music, it adds a nice touch if the music is well chosen .

edit on 30-11-2011 by thetiler because: word correction

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Great video but i have to disagree about the testing on animals thing. My position on this is clear: if it is for medicine / human advancement then ok. If it is for anything else then it should be a no no.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeepThoughtCriminal

The article really says not much. I mean, they were taken from science laboratory, where it means they must be kept in strictly controlled environments. I think animals are great and I care for them, but if we did not use them in research, where to go for our medical advances? Videos like this are bleeding hearts, and I hate that they enspire people to protest against all animal science use, including medical research. (I've met a few people like that). It implies of rampant cruelty and that's not the case.

That being said, it was nice seeing those dogs get out of there.

That's an old argument that needs to be re-thought out. What medical "advances" have we made lately?
The drugs that are coming out now are lifestyle drugs and the drug industry is full of drugs to make us "feel" better and I don't support animal testing on stuff like that.

Did you choose to be human? I don't think so, it wasn't until you were a few years old that you knew you were human. This leads into the fact that they didn't choose to be dogs.

They also can't speak up for themselves, nor do they think they have the power to object. They just want to live and not get hurt like the rest of us.

I believe all life is sacred.

What right do we have to do what we do?

So you can take another life as long as it's a good reason?

This is all atrocious!
edit on 30-11-2011 by TheMatrixusesYou because: yet another misspelling

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

So in the name of scientific advancement, let them take you and your family, lock you away in cages and do tests on you. It is animal cruelty. There is no way around it. To lock an animal in a small cage, where they are made to run around and do other things but can't because they are being confined to a small cage and have tests done on them is evil. It is evil and I wish God will change the hearts of these people that are involved. Whether they believe in God or not makes no different because HE doesn't care if we believe in Him. He'll work on people if he wants to and I pray He does.
edit on 30-11-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join