It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch A Bunch Of Dogs Experience Sunlight And Grass For The First Time

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+145 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
OK, I teared up a little bit at this.

Watch A Bunch Of Dogs Experience Sunlight And Grass For The First Time

"We've been told they lived one per cage in rooms of 10 beagles, but they never had any physical interaction with one another," Smith told the station. "They've been in kennels since they were rescued about a week ago, but aside from that, they've spent most of their lives locked up."

I believe animals are food. But mistreating them in any way just for humans to live comfortably, is cruel and inhumane. This organization, the Beagle Freedom Project, is a bunch of heroes in my book.

/TOA
edit on 29-11-2011 by The Old American because: fixed video; added link

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

made my day!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
How can they walk if they wear all ways in cages.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

[size=10] ಥ_ಥ ☺

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

The article really says not much. I mean, they were taken from science laboratory, where it means they must be kept in strictly controlled environments. I think animals are great and I care for them, but if we did not use them in research, where to go for our medical advances? Videos like this are bleeding hearts, and I hate that they enspire people to protest against all animal science use, including medical research. (I've met a few people like that). It implies of rampant cruelty and that's not the case.

That being said, it was nice seeing those dogs get out of there.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Thank you for posting the video it was heart warming im so glad the were rescued..peace,sugarcookie1
S&F

+41 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepThoughtCriminal

The article really says not much. I mean, they were taken from science laboratory, where it means they must be kept in strictly controlled environments. I think animals are great and I care for them, but if we did not use them in research, where to go for our medical advances? Videos like this are bleeding hearts, and I hate that they enspire people to protest against all animal science use, including medical research. (I've met a few people like that). It implies of rampant cruelty and that's not the case.

Why do we find it acceptable to use animals in this way, while killing people on death row?
If you want to know if a chemical harms a human or a medical product cures a disease, there are humans about to be killed by a state who would serve that purpose much more effectively.

Wait, would that be cruel?

How is murdering people by lethal injection perfectly fine but testing things on them for the advancement of science not okay?

The fact is, it all comes down to profit. People make money from supplying these animals, and those in positions of power have a lot invested in those companies.

Then you have those companies who want to create another pathetic chemical product to save you 0.00000006% of your precious time while cleaning your sink, but they need to test those acids on a dogs tongue first...
Some makeup company needs another shade of lipstick to sell to all those kids who look like hookers at the age of 14, but they need to make sure it won't blind a bunny first.

As a consumer of the s**t these companies produce, the public is responsible for this. And in the case of medicine, it's been widely known for decades that the results gained from animal testing are not a good return on investment. Check out who your leaders are invested in and then you'll find the reasons for the continuation of these barbaric practices.

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepThoughtCriminal

If humans need medicine, let's test the medicine on human volunteers that can speak up for themselves. If humans need cosmetics, let's test the cosmetics on human volunteers that can speak up for themselves. Seeing a trend here?

/TOA

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

You twist my words too much. You forget not every country is so liberal with the death penalty as the USA. Also, I happen to think that human testing for beyond rescue criminals is ok. I care for animals, but see that it is often needed for test subjects, and it is a necessary evil.

And I am talking here about scientific research. NOT cosmetic, now that I think is just sickening. Sadly, animals had to die to allow things like blood transfusions. Is that not justified at least in some way for it being a good cause? Would you rather the life of a dog, or the life of your family? Be realistic about this please. And stop getting emotional and twisting my words, please.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

Where would we go???Easy... prisoners..I have no problem using prisoners for medical crap..no problem at all..God humans suck!!!

edit on 29-11-2011 by earthship35 because: mispelled word

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Damnt I knew I should't have watched that. I teared up and want to go adopt every dog out there. Thanks for posting it.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

I believe animals are food. But mistreating them in any way just for humans to live comfortably, is cruel and inhumane. This organization, the Beagle Freedom Project, is a bunch of heroes in my book.

Regarding animals being merely food lol Humans are animals to
munch munch

The Beagle Freedom Project is a blessed one, Researchers & Scientists choose Beagles for testing predominantly because they are so placid & don't bite when having Vivisection etc done on them while fully conscious without Anaestecia.
I am 100% against Animal testing, If humans want to better themselves as a species then by justifying such evil they truly show the weak among our species.
There are many non animal testing means available now in nearly every avenue of medicine, It is only retarded out dated laws that actually require testing ...

Dr Hadwen Trust

SHAC >> Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty
edit on 29/11/2011 by Burgo1010 because: Information to share with like minded folk

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Damnt I knew I should't have watched that. I teared up and want to go adopt every dog out there. Thanks for posting it.

Aaah you big softie.

me too.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
the real animals are the ones testing the beagles and other innocent creatures. shame on them

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
This is a great story, it reminds me of this one not long ago

The expression on their faces is priceless

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

If one were to go to the www.thevegetariansite.com... which is listed in the "companies that still test on animals" tab, you would find this:

Many manufacturers of personal care and household items still test their products on animals, despite the growing number of alternative methods for evaluating product safety. The following list contains all such companies known and their associated brand names. This list originally was compiled from two primary references (cited at the bottom of this page). In addition, it is updated as new information is made available to us. We cannot fully guarantee its accuracy, so please use the list accordingly--and do let us know if you can offer any further updates. You may wish to print out the list and take it along next time you go shopping! Please also note that all over-the-counter medicines and/or their ingredients are extensively tested on animals, as currently required by the FDA.

Alcon Labs
Allergan, Inc.
Answer
Arm & Hammer
ArmorAll
Arrid
Axe
Aziza
Bain de Soleil
Ban Roll-on
Banana Boat
Bausch & Lomb
Benckiser
BenGay
Biotherm
Block Drug Co. Inc.
Bounty
Boyle-Midway
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.
Cacherel
Cargill
Carpet Fresh
Carter-Wallace
Chesebrough-Ponds
Church & Dwight
Clarion
Clairol
Clear Choice
Clorox
Commerce Drug Co.
Consumer Value Stores
Coppertone
Coty
Cover Girl
Crest
Dana Perfumes
Dawn
Del Laboratories
Desitin
Dial Corporation
Diversey
Dove
Dow Brands
Drackett Products Co.
Drano
EcoLab
Eli Lilly & Co.
El Sanofi Inc.
Elizabeth Arden
Erno Laszlo
Faberge
Fantastik
Fendi
Final Net
Finesse
First Response
Flame Glow
Garnier
Giorgio Armani
Givaudan-Roure
Glade
Glass Plus
Helena Rubinstein
Helene Curtis Industries
Herbal Essences
Huggies
ISO
Ivory
Jhirmack
Johnson & Johnson
Johnson Products Co.
Jovan
Kaboom
Keri
Kimberly-Clark Corp
Kiwi Brands
Kleenex
Lady's Choice
Lancaster
Lancome
Lava
Lever Brothers
Lipton
Listerine
L'Oreal USA
Lubriderm
Lux
Lysol
Matrix Essentials
Max Factor
Maybelline
Mead
Mop & Glo
Nair
Naturelle
Neutrogena
Neutron Industries, Inc.
Olean
Orange Glo
Oscar de la Renta
OxiClean
Pantene
Parfums International
Pearl Drops
Pennex
Pfizer, Inc.
Pine-Sol
Plax
Playtex Corporation
Pledge
Polident
Ponds
Post-It
Prestige Brands
Prince Matchabelli
Proctor & Gamble Co.
Quintessence
Raid
Ralph Lauren Fragrances
Reckitt Benckiser
Redken
Resolve
Richardson-Vicks
Sally Beauty Supply
Sally Hansen
Sanofi
SC Johnson & Son
Schering-Plough
Scotch
Scott Paper Co.
Scrub Free
Sensodyne
Signal
SmithKline Beecham
Snobal
SoftSheen
S.O.S.
Stanhome Inc.
Sterling Drug
Suave
Sun Star
Sunsilk
TCB Naturals
Tegrin
3M
Tide
Tilex
Trojan
Truvia
Unilever
Vaseline
Vichy
Vidal Sassoon
Visine
Vivid
Warner-Lambert
Westwood Pharmaceuticals
White Shoulders
Whitehall Laboratories
Windex
Woolite

Obviously, many many non-pharmaceutical companies in the above list. Lots of cosmetics though. Mop-n-glo????? Pledge?????? What else could they be testing in these products, since they HAVE BEEN TESTING those ingredients for years. The ingredients haven't changed. If Triethanolamine for instance is dangerous, what difference does it make if it's in one or a thousand products. Why keep testing the same products over and over again? Freakin disgusting!

edit on 30-11-2011 by Gridrebel because:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Further more, if an animal must be used as a test subject, it should have normal living conditions. As in these dogs for instance should have room to walk around, social contact with each other and humans, and at the very least, fake grass to romp on and toys to play with. These animals aren't shown the least bit of human decency towards living and breathing creatures.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

I wish I could do more than star your post just once. Animal testing is wrong, ESPECIALLY for products that only give humans convenience.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
How can they walk if they wear all ways in cages.

You can clearly see, they struggle to keep their balance once out of the cage.

Beautiful video.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Awesome video

star & flag

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join