It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind blowing question of the night: Am I you in a parallel dimension?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by chr0naut

Originally posted by akushla99
Why, a 'parallel' dimension?
Why not, more than one?

In effect, every thought projects us individually into new dimensions all the time...but what is a dimension?

Akushla

I suppose we place a limit on dimensions because our neural processing is not wired like that.

Also each dimension speaks of enourmous energies.

And we can loose things in alternate dimensions.

I always loose small change and socks.
edit on 29/11/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

Ya..perhaps...but, the effect of choosing a path at the nexus of emerging and potential 'dimensions', at almost every second, essentially projects us into a different dimension than what we were in, before the choice is made...
The filmic nature of experiencing these moments (the cycling 'nows') makes it appear as if we are in the one dimension...which we are not...ever...

Akushla
;

Perhaps instead of bifurcating into a "new" dimension we can become trapped in dimensional (temporospatial) "loops" where all rules and forces "seem" the same, but some increment slightly to create "apparently" different conditions when they are in fact going through a programmed series of steps until their function-space is completed (consumed or broken),

This would save the energy of the creation of new dimensions all the time. Like a multi-use alternate dimension.
edit on 30/11/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname

Think of an infinite spiderweb with an infinite number of droplets on it's vertices. Each drop is reflecting the image of all the drops around it. And thus the same with every droplet. You are actually the Spiderweb "god itself" looking at itself from the perspective of one droplet. You are witnessing your whole creation from that droplet's perception. You are not just that droplet.

Most people believe they are individual, separate from everything else, but in reality, we are witnessing our whole ONE self, from these individual bodies. The saying "we are one" is true.

We are an expression of God, like flowers or trees. Unique in our own way because of our unique perspective and experience in life. The "I" is god incarnate, you are already complete and imortal. Its fair to say that we are all here to experience what it's like to forget who we are. Just to keep from being infinitely bored. So we created the entire universe down to the last pebble, and we make all of it out of our energy. You thought this whole planet into existence, you've manifested yourself in trillions of forms. And now, in your current body, you're taking to yourself, participating in this adventure called "who am I". And I am you, just another droplet talking to myself.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
No you are not me in another dimension.

Or you would be smarter and better looking

But really, if me = the sum of my experiences, how can you be me if our experiences differ?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Conceptually I do get this theory of alternate dimensions, but logically I still haven't got my head around it. I get 'up and down',' side to side' and forwards backwards in terms of spatial dimensions, but if someone wants to fill me in as to what exactly a parallel dimension and why they would exist I'd be most grateful.

As to the OP's thery, what if we are merely just the one consciousness reincarnating backwards, forwards and concurrently through time? Puts a whole new 'dimension' on the old 'we are all one' idea without the need for any additional dimensions....

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf
Conceptually I do get this theory of alternate dimensions, but logically I still haven't got my head around it. I get 'up and down',' side to side' and forwards backwards in terms of spatial dimensions, but if someone wants to fill me in as to what exactly a parallel dimension and why they would exist I'd be most grateful.

As to the OP's thery, what if we are merely just the one consciousness reincarnating backwards, forwards and concurrently through time? Puts a whole new 'dimension' on the old 'we are all one' idea without the need for any additional dimensions....

You will never logically understand reality. Logic does not imply intelligence, it's only the effort to perceive something that you can mentally grasp. Noting to do with reality. Quantum reality is not logic bound. In fact, it's not logical at all.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012

You will never logically understand reality. Logic does not imply intelligence, it's only the effort to perceive something that you can mentally grasp. Noting to do with reality. Quantum reality is not logic bound. In fact, it's not logical at all.

Everything is ultimately logic bound. You just have to be able to get the logic. The very fact most quantum theories have their origins in mathematics tells me that when we truly understand all aspects and inputs, it will be as logical as you can get.

The trouble is the logic is so against ‘traditional logic’ it is perceived as something that makes no sense. I do not believe that anything is truly random, and I believe that no concept is completely beyond the grasp of the human intellect.

What you say I see as a cop-out and merely an excuse to stop trying to understand the true nature of reality further. This is what annoys me about the whole newage movement and the tendency to gloss over glaring holes in their 'we are all one and God is love' rhetoric. It is no different from a religious person filling in the gaps of their religions inconstancies by saying Goddidit or saying 'Man is not meant to know the will of God'.

If ultimately we are God, then why on earth should I stop trying to understand?

edit on 30/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The thing about all this parallel dimension/universe stuff is that there doesn't seem to be any real indication of it. From any individual's point of view, including my own, there only seems to be this single universe, and it seems to be surprisingly stable.

If I'm being represented by a thousand other versions of myself out there, why do I only see things though the perspective of this one?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Perhaps when you dream you are looking through a window at alternate realities. It may also be possible to ingest certain substances or undertake certain rituals to achieve a similar effect.

To answer the OP: Yes you are me in a different reality. There are several ways this could be possible, although I'd bet around here theres 2 prevailing theories: You are a part of some God and we are one with him etc etc, or that we are all one energy and we all exist/don't exist blah blah blah.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigatronix
Perhaps when you dream you are looking through a window at alternate realities. It may also be possible to ingest certain substances or undertake certain rituals to achieve a similar effect.

But there's still the consistency issue. Dreams are all over the place, and drugs are only temporary. When I wake up or get sober, I'm right back in the same old seeming reality of this universe again. No matter what the potentials and possibilities are, this reality, this consciousness, is the only one I can hang my hat on.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
The thing about all this parallel dimension/universe stuff is that there doesn't seem to be any real indication of it. From any individual's point of view, including my own, there only seems to be this single universe, and it seems to be surprisingly stable.

If I'm being represented by a thousand other versions of myself out there, why do I only see things though the perspective of this one?

Dreams are all over the place, and drugs are only temporary. When I wake up or get sober, I'm right back in the same old seeming reality of this universe again. No matter what the potentials and possibilities are, this reality, this consciousness, is the only one I can hang my hat on.

This is the same problem I am having. And all the explanations I ever get usually begins with the words 'maybe if.....'

I'm yet to hear a good reason why one must invoke alternate dimensions to explain away the effects of a wild night on the Rainbow Skittles.

edit on 30/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

You are God, you are not limited to understanding or logic which are all concepts and matrix of mind. Nor are you limited to the bigger concept of quantum. The more you know about yourself, (beyond mind and body) and your true nature, the more you will see that you (god) are limitless, and undefinable. I see you are using your mind to UNDERSTAND reality , but all you will conjure is concepts and theories. And that all relies on your faith and belief of the "facts" and "evidence" in however way they are presented. It then needs to strike an agreeable chord in your mind intelligence and current level of understanding. This is not sufficient.

There is only one understanding in thIs universe, which is, any reality that is understood with the linear mind (our brains run on a calculus type model), is just a concept.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
reply to post by 1littlewolf

You are God, you are not limited to understanding or logic which are all concepts and matrix of mind. Nor are you limited to the bigger concept of quantum. The more you know about yourself, (beyond mind and body) and your true nature, the more you will see that you (god) are limitless, and undefinable. I see you are using your mind to UNDERSTAND reality , but all you will conjure is concepts and theories. And that all relies on your faith and belief of the "facts" and "evidence" in however way they are presented. It then needs to strike an agreeable chord in your mind intelligence and current level of understanding. This is not sufficient.

There is only one understanding in thIs universe, which is, any reality that is understood with the linear mind (our brains run on a calculus type model), is just a concept.

I agree with what you are saying to a point. But by what you seem to imply is that we should stop trying to understand anything about anything for it will merely be a concept; and just have faith that once we truly are one with our inner godliness everything will work itself out in the end.

Science and philosophy are becoming closer and closer. I see no problem while I exist as a 'separate' consciousness on this physical plane with trying to use the 'facts' and 'evidence' as they are presented to me and try and gain a greater understanding of the larger questions of life.

You are correct in your summation that this is not and never will be sufficient to have a full understanding of why reality is the way it is. This could be analogous to a DNA cell trying to understand the body it has created.. But that one little cell still contains all the information within itself, and can use its observations of the reality that is around it to gain a greater understanding of that which lies within. As above, so below. Some concepts have a greater share of the ultimate 'Truth' than others. And it is those concepts which I wish to understand.

Just keep in mind all I was originally asking was a little more information of the shared concept of alternate dimensions which was raised in the OP. This question is on the same level as asking why do leaves have green leaves or why is sky is the sky blue, and can easily be answered minus the lecture on the unknowable nature of reality.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname

I don't think so.

But maybe you are the Walrus.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
There is a paradox about infinity: Anything is possible, and due to the infinte odds of anything being alike, it is infinitley impossible for any two people, whether or not they are separated by a parallel dimension, to be exactly the same.

However, from the viewpoint of consciousness, there is only one consciousness, not quantitativley, but intrinsically, consciousness is the same for all entities that exist, and with consciousness as the reference point, it can be extrapolated that we are all one from the same source, or different versions of expression.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

But most people don't actually care, and are incapable of truly feeling empathy for others.

You sure are one to talk

top topics

<< 1   >>

join