It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind blowing question of the night: Am I you in a parallel dimension?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The only way to know for sure that I am the same as you in emotions and human potential is if I am actually you in another version of this reality as scientists have proven exists. Now I am not saying that I am you reading this and you are me typing this in another dimension but I am you feeling and seeing things. I am your life with your nose, and sight. I'm not your personality per se but I am this feeling of now in your existence. That's the only way in all dimensions we can sympathize with each other because deep inside we know we're living each others lives in each others bodies through each others eyes!
edit on 29-11-2011 by thisisnotaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Perhaps...or, are you, 'you' in a perpendicular universe?

Akushla

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname

....another version of this reality as scientists have proven exists.
Proof? I thought it was just theories, but would love to see this proof that you speak of.

That's the only way in all dimensions we can sympathize with each other because deep inside we know we're living each others lives in each others bodies through each others eyes!
But most people don't actually care, and are incapable of truly feeling empathy for others.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

As I recall from my psychology in college, its called phenomenological thinking. It expands into the arena that if I were to somehow see the color red, for example, through your eyes would I recognize it as red or would I think it was a different color because of my own historical experience. Still, in the end, all the colors should line up, just renamed in some manner because of experience and personal labels. Also, if I experience an injury of some sort, would I be able to recognize it in any way through your experience if we were to exchange consciousnesses? Would I be able to walk, or would your brain be wired so differently would I even be able to speak---or think coherently through your existence?

You are correct. It is very, very weird indeed.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Guys, I remember the days when a decent opening post could actually gather some intelligent responses. Now it just seems full of captain Kirk jokes and Spartacus jokes.

Since when did ATS become 4chan?

If you don't agree with the OP then discuss why or better yet don't ruin his/her thread.

--

As for parallel dimensions (to keep this on topic)

www.paranormality.com...

www.quantumjumping.com...

www.dummies.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I think, because the topology of the universe is like a Klein Bottle, that, in fact, you explicitly are not yourself.

Not even the remotest likeness.

Nada.

Not.

No.

You are far more like everything that has ever existed and will exist, ever, except...

Freedom is Slavery.

War is Peace.

Ignorance is Knowledge.

Truth is a Lie.

Welcome to ATS.
edit on 29/11/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Thank you for that, I am very interested and am posting to find this after I sleep for the night. Good subject. Deep.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by chr0naut

I think, because the topology of the universe is like a Klein Bottle, that, in fact, you explicitly are not yourself.

Not even the remotest likeness.

Nada.

Not.

No

N

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

I like your hair-do!

Akushla

It is in fact a representation of of a knowledge ski-jump.

It all goes "whoosh" over my head.

It gives me a wonderful outlook where I can rate each intellectual jump without any risk of broken bones.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Why, a 'parallel' dimension?
Why not, more than one?

In effect, every thought projects us individually into new dimensions all the time...but what is a dimension?

Akushla

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

....another version of this reality as scientists have proven exists.
Proof? I thought it was just theories, but would love to see this proof that you speak of.

That's the only way in all dimensions we can sympathize with each other because deep inside we know we're living each others lives in each others bodies through each others eyes!
But most people don't actually care, and are incapable of truly feeling empathy for others.

True, I kinda took the theory to the extreme on this one. No proof but I found some videos that inspired me:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Why not, more than one?

In effect, every thought projects us individually into new dimensions all the time...but what is a dimension?

Akushla

I suppose we place a limit on dimensions because our neural processing is not wired like that.

Also each dimension speaks of enourmous energies.

And we can loose things in alternate dimensions.

I always loose small change and socks.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Why not, more than one?

Akushla

I suppose we place a limit on dimensions because our neural processing is not wired like that.

Also each dimension speaks of enourmous energies.

And we can loose things in alternate dimensions.

I always loose small change and socks.

Ya..perhaps...but, the effect of choosing a path at the nexus of emerging and potential 'dimensions', at almost every second, essentially projects us into a different dimension than what we were in, before the choice is made...
The filmic nature of experiencing these moments (the cycling 'nows') makes it appear as if we are in the one dimension...which we are not...ever...

Akushla
;

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Notice:

Glad to see the discussion did get itself back on track. Let this be a fair warning to those that seek to derail threads:

15f.) Relevant Content: You will not Post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic of any forums or disrupt a forum by deliberately posting repeated irrelevant messages or copies of identical messages (also known as "flooding").

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join