It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think the OWSers should practice envisioning and manifesting a higher reality, rather than protest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo Starchild
reply to post by mr-lizard

If they do reap the rewards it will be becuase of developemnts on a metaphysical rahter than a physical plane.

But how? Please explain why these metaphysical prayers, requests and daily meditations for world peace by hundreds of millions of people haven't manifested themselves then?

If anything it's getting worse daily, and I'm generally a positive person.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I call down the minions of ATS on thee.

normally, I like to come to the defense of this type of perspective. because I certainly can appreciate what you are trying to communicate. but I assure you, it is YOU who is being "binary" here.

why is it, when someone determines themselves to have achieved their "higher wavelength", do they then insist that the path that they took to get to their higher state (presumably the "lower frequencies") is no longer useful or meaningful and must be wiped off the planet?

no. you cannot simply skip a level. there is a REASON that spiritual progression takes a certain pathway. it cannot be circumvented. and until the world catches up with you, I really think you would do best to keep these types of advices to yourself.

PLUS: as a professional radio communications technician I would totally love to hear your justification for use of the word "modulation". I am familiar with common metaphysical "speak", but your particular version of abusing the technical terminology is gross. please, do feel free to go into some detail about the modulation coding scheme you propose.

thanks.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
And don't take me the wrong way, I think the intention of this thread is pure and good and by no means do I mean to belittle it. I just want more substantial meaning and evidence on what you say and claim before I will consider accepting the notions you prescribe.

Starred and flagged.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I dont believe there is a divide between the metaphysical/physical. They are the same, just a different level of refinement (think molecules vs atoms). The benefit of a single person meditating daily, will lead to measurable changes in the body and mind, their whole being will change for the better by practicing meditation. Science proves this. There is no such thing as society, there are only individuals, the idea of society...is an idea. Im not getting existential on you, I am just saying society is made up of individuals. See where I am going with this. If i change how I act, how I think, how I purchase, how I treat my neighbour...changes implimented by practicing meditation or visualization.... what do you know we suddenly have a percentage of this thing called society changed for the better! That is what I think the op is trying to get accross.
edit on 29-11-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I suppose the OP thinks that the (African-American) slaves should have just freed themselves!

it is a fascinating proposal, and has a certain amount of merit.

but IMO, in that particular situation the "unenlightened" perspective was represented by the slave OWNERS, not the slaves.

get your head out of the clouds, OP. I ain't buyin' your shtick...you're not very good at it.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah

I dont believe there is a divide between the metaphysical/physical. They are the same, just a different level of refinement (think molecules vs atoms). The benefit of a single person meditating daily, will lead to measurable changes in the body and mind, their whole being will change for the better by practicing meditation. Science proves this. There is no such thing as society, there are only individuals, the idea of society...is an idea. Im not getting existential on you, I am just saying society is made up of individuals. See where I am going with this. If i change how I act, how I think, how I purchase, how I treat my neighbour...changes implimented by practicing meditation or visualization.... what do you know we suddenly have a percentage of this thing called society changed for the better! That is what I think the op is trying to get accross.
edit on 29-11-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

I understand and respect that and I didn't mean to appear rude to the OP. But again if we're going down this route, are not the OWS a massive collection of individuals who want a better life for their families and children?

How can this be non-spiritual and low?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

To specifically answer your question about "lower" energy, I guess I can only speak from my experience, I have been out there, protested with my local occupy (Toronto) and even started with a few others the first meditation area. I am still somewhat active, though things have slowed way down. I felt at most of the protests that many people were straight up upset, just angry, and thats fine, people have a right to be upset, but anger is itself a lower vibration, it is a catalyst for assuming someone else is responsible for the state you find yourself in. In this sense, for those same people to accept the situation and see they and the 1% they fight are equally suffering (though it may not seem so, we are one mind and we are all in the same boat, ultimately) would be elevate their vibration. That can then reflect new action, real concrete phsyical action, based on a higher vibration of love and openness to the current situation. If I could even claim to understand that higher vibration myself, because really... I'm still in that upset stage myself, but I know the season is comming to change and I have to take responsibility for my role in this.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
^^^above post isnt too coherent I'm sorry its late. And mr-lizard I get you, not thinking you were rude. Though others are pretty damn snide. The op did create a little bit of a dichotomy, a little us and them, which I never support and you were calling them out on. The method of visualization has more substance than just meditation, and maybe they were not clear about it, but the intention is good and deserves a little more. I wish some of the awesome new agers were here, ats has been slow on members lately, there are some brilliant metaphsyics people.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Well.... The notion that anger is a 'low vibration' is subjective really. Since anger can actually drive you forward away from depression and despair and even fear. In this instance how can anger be considered anything but a pathway to a better way of life?

'I'm angry that the banks have stolen my home, I'm going to go out and manifest my anger by unifying with all the other people who have had jobs/homes stolen from them by the banks and put on a large and symbolic display'

This is a better alternative than:

'the banks stole my home, but i'm too afraid that if i get angry then people will reject me, instead i'm going to bottle up my emotions and simply not vent myself'

Anger is an energy, an emotion, a raw feeling - better to have emotions and feelings than to have none eh?

When we don't express anger, it becomes trapped and quickly becomes self destructive. Just because anger isn't pleasant, does not necessarily mean it is something that should be avoided.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
^^^above post isnt too coherent I'm sorry its late. And mr-lizard I get you, not thinking you were rude. Though others are pretty damn snide. The op did create a little bit of a dichotomy, a little us and them, which I never support and you were calling them out on. The method of visualization has more substance than just meditation, and maybe they were not clear about it, but the intention is good and deserves a little more. I wish some of the awesome new agers were here, ats has been slow on members lately, there are some brilliant metaphsyics people.

I'm tired myself, I should really sleep. I look forward to continuing this debate tomorrow.

peace

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Yeah man goodnight I look forward to it too. I have to say I agree with you though, anger is in itself just energy, I dont know how to fight you on it that it is a lower vibration right now (obviously I know it is
lol), but I will go back to my books and get back to you so I am less opinionated. Tamas, Rajas, Sattva, thats where I will start.

Good night!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join