It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosquito rebuild

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This is awesome - I knew one was being rebuilt, but hadn't realised it was so far along

EAA article

New Zealand Warbird restoration article

Not sure if you'll be able to link to this one or not - it is the New Zealand CAA internal communication - one of their inspectors dropped in on the rebuild - a friend sent me the page & it is where I got the 2 links above.....article

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Wanted to give your thread some love

I watched the video on the link of those planes flying in formation, it scared the crap out of me for some reason. But seeing the landing gear come down and the engineering of that era, made me pretty happy

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Apparently it is CGI! Link to YT page

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

for pure versilitliy the mossie is my favoirite a/c of wwii - didnt even need guns to defend itself - it could just run away , when it got guns it could turn on anything , upto and including tanks , it could bomb a basttleship [ tirpitz ] where no other bomber could , it even facilitated a jail break [ amien ]

also merlin engines = FTW , i want a merlin - just for the sound - but as i am more aquatic ape than flying monkey - would wedge it in the smallest speed boat hull that would still float at rest with the engine , me and fuel tanks

new topics

top topics

join