It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear war is looming, don't kid yourself

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Why does people think that a country needs lots of money to go to war? it's a complete misconception, one reason wars break out is because countries do not have anything, if you think war isn't going to happen because the ass of the economy is falling out you have your head in the clouds, if anything it creates a bigger risk of war.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Is it the Sanskrit word for war which translates to 'search for more cows'?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It is fearmongering because there is less threat now than in the 1960's and if your older you should know that. Any country knows a nuclear war has no winners and bluffs and threats are all they can do.

So yes, in your eyes I'm kidding m,yself and carrying on life as usual. If it does happen, I will have enjoyed myself while maybe you have spent all those years in worry and ulcers.

Not getting at you, just pointing out worry achieves a zero result.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wongy

" NOT MUCH OF AN ARMY ". Quit talkin ur jibba jabba fool. The UK is one of the power nations of the world, for such a small island I personaly think we hold our own. Could you imagine if we had a nation as big as the US or Russia, you my friend Would have an English, Scottish, Welsh or Northern Island accent along with the rest of the world !

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Even if there is a nuclear exchange I'm pretty sure the USA has the means to defend against a missile based attack, at least partially. Suitcase nukes would do more damage I think.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by trentyh
reply to post by lambs to lions

Remember the Cuban missile crisis?
A russian official told us a few years afterward that if we had invaded cuba they would have used short range low yield nuclear weapons...

Imagine what they would do if it was army vs army

che guevara said that if he was in control of the nuclear missiles in cuba, he wouldn't have hesitated for a second to launch all of them.

it's too bad everyones after america. if nuclear war does occur, it's not the end of the world, but america.

all of south america, most of europe, all of africa, and about 95% of the rest of the world will go on.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

That is a silly stretch. Ask yourself, what is a weapon designed to do? What is its function? What does it mechanically do?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Excellent point. War can and does drive segments of the economy. Which has a waterfall affect in most financial areas.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The world's financial system is on the path of ruin. Don't think for a second war will be postponed because of it's cost.

A new system is on the rise. A trade system. That of lives.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

You're right about those games. I do not allow my sons (12 and 13) to bring any of those games, specifically any rated "M", into our house.

They think I'm crazy-nuts-strict, because "all" of their friends have them.

We all know how when we told our parents that "all" of our friends had something, it was rarely true. Unfortunately, in this case, I think they are right. I teach elementary school, and I have kids as young as 2nd and 3rd grade who talk about playing those rated M games. It seems that almost everyone DOES have those games.

What kind of madness would allow you to let your young kids (and I think of 12 and 13 as STILL TOO YOUNG) to play those games?

I think the kids are being desensitized to the violence. It's definitely troubling.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

I do not worry about things that I cannot control. That being said, this is a different type of global conflict. As I mentioned earlier, not so black and white. There are shades of grey. I'm not saying that the threats in the 60's were not substantial. I'm saying the instability of a changing world, most notably the middle-east having access to nuclear weapons makes now more than ever an unpredictable time. Think what you want, go on about your life, but it wouldn't hurt to be prepared.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I once read an article that included quotes and reports of world leaders after WW1.....it explained that the world leaders new as soon as WW1 ended that WW2 was going to happened as it was pre-planned. and the world powers starting amassing their militaries and resources straight away.

I beleive the world has been doing this since the end of the Cold War...the buildup during the Cold War I think is nothing compared to the buildup since (no I do not have references, just my thoughts).

The wars since the end of the Cold War have been about prepositioning troops and resources in preparation for the next Big One. Removing leaders and countries that may be a small thorn in the side when the big one takes off.

You dont have to be Einstein to see that the Missile Shield is going to change the balance of power in the world....MAD will not be tje outcome if the West has its way.

As soon as you have the ability for a first strike and can back that up with a defensive shield that works, you then have the ability for a successful second strike to ensure your enemy stays down.

Economics has nothing to do with it.

Its about advertising the threat as a need to survive.....if you make the threat big enough, people will sign up for the military in defence of "the homeland" not for a wage. You instantly have a much larger military that is motivated by defending their home country.

We will not know when this all starts.........you'll find out on the breaking News Reports on tv or the streaks flying through the sky's depending on where you live.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thejlxc

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by superman2012

That is my fear also. Constitution killing laws would run rampant should even a small nuclear explosion go off. It would also give excuses to our decision makers to justify any action they wanted to take in any part of the world. They could say everything thats being done is in the best interest of national defense. Some people believe TPTB create problems in order for the public to turn to them for a solution...to coerce support for an agenda. I fear that someone, somewhere is going to start it all off with a bit of trickery, or misdirection. That is most worrisome, because then everyone is confused, and people will begin to see enemies everywhere...even where there is none to be found.

I was gonna ask for clarification of your OP but it's right here. It's not Radical Islam you need to worry about. It's the people funding them, people in business and government, and some of them are in seats of power all over the USA. It's our own government that is the terrorists, and don't you doubt it.

Oh i don't doubt it, it aint just the U.S. funding them either, Russia, China and any other country out there that can get any gain from terrorist attacks on their countries is funding them. This is a plot to kill a bunch of innocent civilians in order for someone to obtain absolute power. Julius Caesar was originally a General, but the Senate needed someone who could rally Rome and drive back the "invaders" so Julius agreed to take absolute power claiming he would lay down that power when the threat was ended, except he didn't (enter Emperor Palpatine of Star Wars).

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
reply to post by quedup

You're right about those games. I do not allow my sons (12 and 13) to bring any of those games, specifically any rated "M", into our house.

They think I'm crazy-nuts-strict, because "all" of their friends have them.

We all know how when we told our parents that "all" of our friends had something, it was rarely true. Unfortunately, in this case, I think they are right. I teach elementary school, and I have kids as young as 2nd and 3rd grade who talk about playing those rated M games. It seems that almost everyone DOES have those games.

What kind of madness would allow you to let your young kids (and I think of 12 and 13 as STILL TOO YOUNG) to play those games?

I think the kids are being desensitized to the violence. It's definitely troubling.

Youre right. Kids are being desensetized to violence. The question is why? Perhaps our future generations are being subliminally trained to be killers without concience? Militaries use those kinds of video games for research and development. It's a sign of the times. Were literally sliding into hell and the entire world is oblivious to it because the illuminati has everyone so snowed into thinking their master satan, and our king do not exist.

Were on the brink of WWIII and it has been said it will be a religious war but theyre lying. This war isn't over faith it is over cash. The world economy is in the dumps and collapsing and it is ineviteable that it will end and then what? Welcome to not the new world order, but the One World Order. One world system of government, one world religion, one world currency. What will that one world system of government be? Think Democracy or as i like to call it Demoncracy. Russia, China, U.S., and the other major powers are jockeying for power. All of this is connected, there is no way that it cannot be. If you can connect the dots you will see and know where this is headed.

"Be you not afraid"

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

I do believe we have the defense system to protect us in an initial attack. That being said, I also believe that those missle defense system would be targeted as well. Another problem would be the fact that even if we were completely successful with our missile defense system, we would still retaliate in kind with nuclear weapons. Again, this would lead to massive global catastrophes, world economical break down, mass chaos, and shortage of supplies worldwide. Third world countries would be in even worse shape of course. Certainly, FEMA would begin the use of internment camps, as well as marshall law being enforced. Life as we know it would be over.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The most likely scenario for a nuclear detonation in our lifetime would be a terrorist group gaining access to said weapon.
Then, much like 9/11, the government would decide who was responsible and launch a full scale attack, claiming justification. Not a bad idea for a false flag operation!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

I believe you have just laid out the truth for all to see. Your post is so true, and I didnt see it until you just laid it out for me. It completely makes sense, from the buildup after the cold war, to all the missile defense systems that the US is setting up.

With that being said,

I once read an article that included quotes and reports of world leaders after WW1

Do you possibly remember or know where I can read that article? I'd love to read about it, not that I dont believe you, because I do. I just think it would be some good reading.

The wars since the end of the Cold War have been about prepositioning troops and resources in preparation for the next Big One.

That is why the US has been spreading our troops all around the World. Thats why instead of ending the wars, more have begun. This World truly is one giant Chess Board and it looks like all the pieces are about in place. (Scary for real)

You dont have to be Einstein to see that the Missile Shield is going to change the balance of power in the world....MAD will not be tje outcome if the West has its way.

As soon as you have the ability for a first strike and can back that up with a defensive shield that works, you then have the ability for a successful second strike to ensure your enemy stays down.

Now I understand why Russia might be worried about the missile defense shields. The US and Nato could control the World after all the Shields are complete. They dont care if that constitutes millions of people dying, as long as they control everything in the end.

We will not know when this all starts.........you'll find out on the breaking News Reports on tv or the streaks flying through the sky's depending on where you live.

Everyday when I check ATS and turn on the news, I wonder if this will be the day that reports of missiles flying are being talked about. It seems that WW111 is inevitable. We can only hope that TPTB will not make the Earth extinct.

Thanks for your insight MM.....

edit on 11/30/11 by kennylee because: change doesnt to will not

<< 1  2   >>

join