It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear war is looming, don't kid yourself

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It isn't fear mongering to recognize the current state of the world and its many, many conflicts. In fact, current events seem to lend creedence to the idea that conflict is actually ramping up.

Weapons are not made to simply be possessed, or observed. They are made for one purpose...destruction. The current nuclear nations have shown discipline or restraint regarding their nuclear arsenals, because of a healthy dose of fear of retaliation. This is going to change. It will change because a new kind of war is upon us. Major conflicts and wars of the past were of the black and white variety. Enemy vs enemy, in a kind of clear cut scenario. Axis vs allies, good verses evil. This new era of conflict that humanity is facing is chaos. Terrorists don't have a fort to destroy. They don't have a home base to wipe-out. They have no fear of retaliation should they be successful in getting their hands on a nuclear weapon. Worse, they have no fear or guilt associated with innocent casualties. The extremist branches associated with Islam are actually driven to accomplish this as their twisted interpretation of their religion motivates mass murder of so called infidels.

Why is this any different now? Well, certainly over the last decade terrorist have tried to get their hands on a WMD. Iran is the new wild card. The reality that they are most likely nuclear capable has stirred up much intensity in the region. Even if they are not, they can now be blamed for a nuke finding its way into terrorist's hands. Couple that with our itchy trigger-fingered friends in Israel, and there is enough to make anyone worry.

There is also the Pakistani wild card so to speak. They are clearly intent on becoming one of the big boys. Its like the new kid on the playground that wants to impress everyone...so they do something crazy to prove themselves. They clearly have the support of Russia (who seems to support any country that has a vested interest in destroying the west), and its not unthinkable that Russia might 'loose' a nuke or two that could end up in terrorist's hands.

The current state of the middle-east is unstable enough that it seems more probable than ever that a nuclear war is possible. Like I referenced to before, it is only a matter of time before a nuclear weapon is once again used. There has not been a global conflict since WW2, when there were two nuclear weapons deployed. Now we have a new world war scenario brewing, with several players possessing nuclear weapons. Seems like a smart bet to me that those would be used. Especially, when America is the dominant military force that our enemies are concerned with. If you were gonna fight someone twice your size would you slap him, or try to punch him in the mouth and give yourself a chance?

We all saw how horrifying the 9/11 attacks were. Not to mention, how they affected our entire country in so many ways. Our enemies don't have to have a coordinated precision nuclear strike...any kind of strike on either the US or Israel would plunge this world into absolute chaos. Quick decisions will be made, alliances will be made in haste, and practically the whole world is our enemy. Believe me, they would pounce immediately in order to kick us while we are stunned.

It may be a year, or longer, but it could be much sooner than that. We all see the tension rising, it will boil over sooner or later, and someone will do something very stupid. It is human nature to make weapons, and human nature to use them.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The dark brotherhood who rule over the nuclear nations have been patiently awaiting the day they will unleash hell. Its all planned.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
My B.O.B. isn't ready for nuclear war, guess it's time to rethink whats going in the bag.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Great post star for you and you have convinced me lol Iam off to a cave.

I just hope you don't get the religious folk on your post saying "we told you so the end of day's blah blah blah judgement day" etc

Because if it does happen it's their fault and they have orchestrated it all to end.
Hope it doesn't by Friday I got a date

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcord
The dark brotherhood who rule over the nuclear nations have been patiently awaiting the day they will unleash hell.
You've been playing too much Skyrim.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Hopefully it won't happen that soon, nuclear war would definitely put a damper on a good friday night date.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

Remember the Cuban missile crisis?
A russian official told us a few years afterward that if we had invaded cuba they would have used short range low yield nuclear weapons...

Imagine what they would do if it was army vs army

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions

Weapons are not made to simply be possessed, or observed. They are made for one purpose...destruction

True, However Nuclear weapons are created as a deterrent, As assinine as it sounds, They were created to never be used.

Major conflicts and wars of the past were of the black and white variety. Enemy vs enemy, in a kind of clear cut scenario. Axis vs allies, good verses evil. This new era of conflict that humanity is facing is chaos. Terrorists don't have a fort to destroy. They don't have a home base to wipe-out. They have no fear of retaliation should they be successful in getting their hands on a nuclear weapon

And? Yes it's quite possible that terrorists could get their hands on a Nuke. So a nuke goes off in a major city some where in the world. 24 hours later, Who does said country declare war on? How can you declare on a group that as you said, Has no fort. How can a world conflict begin when one side of the war doesn't even have a designated homeland? You mention that another country could be blamed. This is also true. However if another country is to blame, Such as Iran, Then you can bet the entire world will be on board in blaming them. China and Russia included. Did you see them telling the US to back off when they went into Iraq and Afganistan? What would be different this time?

There is also the Pakistani wild card so to speak. They are clearly intent on becoming one of the big boys. Its like the new kid on the playground that wants to impress everyone

That is not how intentional diplomacy works. Pakistan is a backwards and unstable country. But they're not idiots. They aren't "out" to impress anyone. In fact, The only thing they are "out for" is to protect themselves from what they see as a threat from India, and more recently, NATO.

The current state of the middle-east is unstable enough that it seems more probable than ever that a nuclear war is possible. Like I referenced to before, it is only a matter of time before a nuclear weapon is once again used

The middle east now is the same as it was 10 years ago, If not better. The Arab spring brought about and is still bringing about much needed change in the area. Change is never pretty, But it's positive change. The only reason people think the middle east is any worse now is because for nearly 6 years while the US was in Iraq, All media attention was focused there. Now in the past year or so, Media focus has changed again to the economy. But as it pulls back with the Arab Spring, People suddenly view the middle east as a powder keg again.

Long story short. World war 3 isn't happening in my lifetime, Or yours.
Long dragged out Iraq/Vietnam style wars however, I would bet my house we will see them long into our future.

I'll leave you with this.

It isn't fear mongering to recognize the current state of the world and its many, many conflicts. In fact, current events seem to lend creedence to the idea that conflict is actually ramping up.

The world has always been in a state of conflict. Always. With Nuclear weapons and without. As disgusting as it is, It is human nature to be in a constant state of war. However a constant state of war does not equal Nuclear war. Because as disgusting as the human race is, There isn't a person on the planet that wants to start one, Be it for ethical reasons or not. There are plenty of other things to worry about than this nonsensical notion of Nuclear War.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
S&F for a good well thought out thread!

I'm on the same page but after all you have proposed, one sentence stood out to me.

" They have no fear of retaliation should they be successful in getting their hands on a nuclear weapon. Worse, they have no fear or guilt associated with innocent casualties. "

For many years I have watched the young play their video war games and it horrified me. They have been trained to see (via these games) the enemy as having no value - a figure on the screen that you have to shoot out of existence.

I wasn't fooled by it and what TPTB were doing by allowing these games to be developed was instigating into the minds of our young the ability to end the existence of a person without even thinking about it.

Yes this does lead to populations who are naturally bound to defend their own country to shoot and ask questions later (if at all) I just pray that SOMEONE SOMEWHERE is teaching the young that these are real people and that they should ask the questions before they shoot and not after!

Too late to urge people to not allow their kids these Computer War Games - it's all about mind control - TPTB know that in most cases people would normally ask questions before they go out and kill someone but by introducing it in this way these kids are learning to do it automatically.

We have allowed ourselves to be corralled into this position - even to the point where we say well if we don't do it - they will. BUT THEY HAVE BEEN MANIPULATED JUST THE SAME.

Sooo Very Sad!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

The dark brotherhood who rule over the nuclear nations have been patiently awaiting the day they will unleash hell. Its all planned.

Damn them to Hell. May they be cut down in their hiding places by the same plague and radiation that they release on the earth. IF they somehow escape (as they expect) may they be cast into the lake of fire with the very demons that possess and influence them.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Never heard of that crap. But I have played behind fences that say "you" cannot enter.

Originally posted by Hydroman

The dark brotherhood who rule over the nuclear nations have been patiently awaiting the day they will unleash hell.
You've been playing too much Skyrim.

edit on 29-11-2011 by jcord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by trentyh

Exactly. Russia is a huge player in many of the current conflicts, as they sell arms to our enemies. I believe they play both sides, and try to influence our enemies to strike out against us. They won't risk attacking us themselves, however, they hope to instigate conflicts that would draw us into a war. This way they look clean and wouldn't draw the ire of the rest of the world.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
nothings going to happen. i cant see the likes of uk and russia can even afford to go war let alone the US. the UK doesnt even have much an army, and russia's military powers are as crap as the UK's

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mart0

The current state of the middle-east is unstable enough that it seems more probable than ever that a nuclear war is possible. Like I referenced to before, it is only a matter of time before a nuclear weapon is once again used

The middle east now is the same as it was 10 years ago, If not better. The Arab spring brought about and is still bringing about much needed change in the area. Change is never pretty, But it's positive change. The only reason people think the middle east is any worse now is because for nearly 6 years while the US was in Iraq, All media attention was focused there. Now in the past year or so, Media focus has changed again to the economy. But as it pulls back with the Arab Spring, People suddenly view the middle east as a powder keg again.

Reply to this post:

Really positive change? Try telling that to the Black Libyans and how do you explain the rise of Al Qaeda and other Islamist groups in Libya and Egypt

www.youtube.com...

edit on 29-11-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Never heard of that crap. But I have played behind fences that say "you" cannot enter.
If a government I.D. is required, I may be able to enter.

edit on 29-11-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

As I said, Change is never pretty. As the old American saying goes "Freedom isn't free".
With any sort of revolution, People will be killed and injustices will happen. Just because that freedom happens to be some of the population supporting a terrorist organization, They are free to support that organization, Thats the point of freedom. You can't pick and choose what people should believe to fit our countries agendas. Free elections mean that the majority opinion is heard. And if the Majority hate your country? Well, That's freedom for you.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mart0

Originally posted by lambs to lions

True, However Nuclear weapons are created as a deterrent, As assinine as it sounds, They were created to never be used.

Nagasaki and Hiroshima

So a nuke goes off in a major city some where in the world. 24 hours later, Who does said country declare war on?

How did we respond to 9/11? Brute force all over Iraq and Afghanistan, regardless of the lack of a specific terrorist base, the same scenario would apply. Many would pay the price.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

And did a Nuclear War start in 2001 or 2003? What's different this time?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wongy

The UK's lack of a strong military would bode well for our economy as they would purchase arms from the US. Russia's military is more capable than you think, not to mention they wouldn't stand alone.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mart0

The difference is Iran is either nuclear capable or near capable. Which is an obvious reason why things are different. Like I said before, even if they weren't responsible, they would be a scapegoat for another nuclear country such as Russia who has made it a habit to align themselves with just about every anti-American country in the middle east and beyond. Also, Israel is like a dog backed into a corner. This has always been the case. However, now there is much greater perceived threat from Iran. It would not take much for a false flagg operation to draw a vicious response from Israel. Now more than ever. Again, Iran would be a believable scapegoat in many scenarios.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join