It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Federal Reserve's 'breathtaking' $7.7 trillion bank bailout

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
There is an excellent book which delves into this subject far far deeper than could ever be done on a forum and is essential reading for everyone. bar none.

THE CREATURE FROM JEKYLL ISLAND

The Federal Reserve basically works like this:
The government granted its power to create money to the FED banks.
They create money, then loan it back to the government charging interest.
The government levies income taxes to pay the interest on the debt.

here is an exerpt from it:

www.orwelltoday.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by manisobsolete

Keep in mind that book has the truth mixed with truths and half truths and is basically is a conspiracy theory book. It's what pseudo macro economists/politicians like Ron Paul, Rick Perry, etc base their mythology on that the FED simply prints money out of thin air which is a falsehood.
edit on 1-12-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Thank you - You explained much to me that I had no idea. Here are the names of the board members that I have found on the internet. -- Ben S. Bernanke , chairman -- Janet L. Yellen, vice chairman -- Elizebeth A. Duke --
Daniel K. Tarullo -- Sarah Bloom Raskin --

I wonder just how many people were as dumbed down as I was? I am glad to see that the protesters are now zeroing in on the right targets. There for a while they didn't seem to see that the DC gang or big oil were the shakers in this. You opened my eyes LilDudeissocool, thanks again,

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Seede

> Remember on the Board of Governors they do have some vacancies. That could account for thinking they are not all being published.

> I think you had much of the overall picture down, I just added some details. You seem to have a full comprehension of the dynamic between oil and central banking.

> As far as the protesters in general need to understand is that they can't change diddly until a change is made in how we allocate ownerships of raw resources and central banking. All would fall right into place if the USG would get into the oil business and contract oil companies banks like they do in regards to defense contractors for example. The Pentagon is not a private company, so nor should oil and banking as they are just as much apart of national security as any military branch and or department.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

I am quite old (going on ninety) and have really been dumb in this life span but listening to guys like you and LilDudisocool have really taught me more than what I have ever read in newspapers. In fact the internet news doesn't seem to cover this either. Thanks guys for the input --

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by angeldoll
Boy, I bet it took a big truck to move all that money.

It's only digits passing from one computer to another. Don't know what it matters anymore. It's not even real.

I totally agree on this

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Exactly, money isnt real anymore. An illusion of money is all that remains.

Besides, in a year, the federal reserve's 100 year contract is up and they no longer are responsible for our money.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by texas thinker

Also heard today that while our economy was tanking in '08 that we sent 1.3 trillion or so to European Union to bail them out.

That BS.

Europe's crisis, literally stems from the fact that the US borrowed money for the war ... and then Bush stepped up and said "we won't pay". That is what caused the crisis ... then an Icelandic idiot went on TV, and repeated the stupid phrase ... sending Iceland to hell a well.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The costs of both Iraq and Afghan wars has been (presently) about a little over 1 trillion dollars which this dwarfs by SEVEN freaking times. How many roads, how many schools etc.. could have been built? For those that have trouble with numbers 100,000 = 1000 hundred, 1 million = 1000 thousand, 1 billion = 1000 million, 1 trillion = 1000 billion, where the hell did all that money go? To pay off bad "investments" and why do we have to pay for it while we throw vet benefits, elderly benefits, important safety nets (for women and children etc..) out the window? To put just how grossly disgusting that amount is we could technically own the following countries for a year combined (and still have a good chunk left over):

140 Tajikistan
141 Rwanda
142 Kosovo
143 Niger
144 Malawi
145 Guinea
146 Kyrgyzstan
147 Barbados
148 Montenegro
149 Swaziland
150 Suriname
151 Mauritania
152 Togo
153 Fiji
154 Lesotho
155 Guyana
156 Maldives
157 Eritrea
158 Central African Republic
159 Sierra Leone
160 Cape Verde
161 Burundi
162 Bhutan
163 Belize
164 Antigua and Barbuda
165 Saint Lucia
166 Djibouti
167 Gambia,
168 Liberia
169 Seychelles
170 Guinea-Bissau
171 Grenada
172 Solomon Islands
173 Vanuatu
174 Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
175 Saint Kitts and Nevis
176 Timor-Leste
177 Comoros
178 Samoa
179 Dominica
180 Tonga
181 Sao Tome and Principe São Tomé and Príncipe
182 Kiribati 183 Tuvalu

This was given to faceless entities with no improvement in our economy and nothing to show for it. AND no penalization for those responsible for it.

How the hell did we just give away that much money without very little oversight and almost no tracking, yep that's right LITTLE OVERSIGHT AND NO TRACKING. How come no one has gone to jail how come besides minor cosmetic changes has no real measures put in place for future prevention? Why isn't this spoken about by Obama or any of the GOP nominees or congress (both ailes and both parties)? Partisanship is a joke and is used to divide us while they rob us blind. It doesn matter if you are part of the Tea party movement or the OWS movement both are aware that there are serious problems that no one is addressing. Media is a joke and are run by 7 large corporations with vested interests in keeping you unware, divided and distracted. This is robbery plain and simple.

edit on 1-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: I originally posted this on another forum when speaking about this topic (just FYI)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
By using the number 7.7 in the bailout it looks like they are trying to summon a blessing from the creator in the bible. The number 7 is a holy because its mentioned 700 times in the bible. I guess they hope to stall any further financial meltdown by using this biblical number.

Seven seals
Seven times
Seven creative epochs of earth, the seventh being the rest day
Seven seas
Seven days in a week
Seven colors in the rainbow

Book of Revelations on Seven:
Seven churches
Seven spirits
Seven stars
Seven seals
Seven trumpets
Seven vials
Seven personages
Seven dooms
Seven new things

Seven

If the Feds bum things up it will turn into a six event.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
isnt it time we do something? something needs to be organized. an armed something. fussing on the internet and sitting in the streets like a bunch of hippies we bring forth change

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Have you been watching the news at all? Occupy Wall Street turned into a world wide protest. People are doing just that. And Govt is getting PO'd Carefull though, you keep talking like that you will be considered "crazy" like the rest of us.

Kinda makes the timing of that whole Americans can be locked up with out a trial bit convinient

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
A central bank is more deadly than a standing army. This has proven true just look at the state of our nation now.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Time to ditch the bought and paid for US Congress, UK & EU Governments. It's the only thing that's going to save us.

Unbelievable Rant on MSNBC! Reporter CRACKS & Spews the TRUTH!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join