The Federal Reserve's 'breathtaking' $7.7 trillion bank bailout

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by randomname

they're not hoarding anything, they made up the 7.7T just like they make up all of the other money they print. It is only backed by bonds that also mean absolutely nothing.

We can thank Ron Paul for his hard work in uncovering some of these disgustingly large sham bailouts, his work also uncovered 16 TRILLION in secret bailouts to foreign banks in the past.

Most of it isn't even bonds. They really do on occasion just put money into Bank RT accounts (by adding digits via the computer). In the case of the TARP crap, it was 30 day loans, which are unheard of.. and then they gave extensions to those loans.

What's worse is that there is no safe way to get out of this. They dumped so much money into the system that the only way to repair it is for large MNCs to fail (a lot of them) or for us to go through rampant inflation.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
That's funny, I read from a reliable source that that it exceeded 14 trillion, and more than half went to foreign banks....
edit on 30-11-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Imagine if we created an "America is Cool" plane that dropped all that money around the world instead of bombs. I feel like the War on Terror would come to a quick end that way.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

This is precisely what the whole occupy movement is about.

This is why Washington doesn't simply need a new elected figurehead, but needs a drastic revolution style overhaul.

I wonder how many years, if any, our republic was truly pure, driven by the very principles that our founders laid down in one of the most groundbreaking and beautiful pieces of literature ever written. And then the bankers moved in.

As they say every man has a price, when it comes to politicians it must be at a discount rate.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Recently I keep thinking of the french revolution, if people ever realize whats happening heads are going to roll...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
This is it, Make or Break point is aproaching, i hope we make it throught it gracefully.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
abolish the federal reserve banking system and in so doing free HUmanity from slavery.

TRUTH

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
According to the article that was posted, the money that was used to bail out the banks would have paid for 1/10 of the US mortgages. So instead of using tax payers money to assist tax payers, they instead used that money to bail out “To big to fail” banks and businesses while leaving the tax payers to not only foot that bill but to the continue to dump more money into those banks and businesses. So they get the goods and we get the shaft. The fact that we let it happen and continue to let it happen is sad.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Blood sucking sons of !#@($()!*$)... seriously..

with one hand you take peoples homes, put them on the streets....
with the other hand, you rob the USA's bank vault of its wealth.. then scream poor while giving your ceo's multi million dollar bonuses..

i'm a big believer in karma, bad people end up with bad fate...

but these b@stards... what ever bad fate they have coming wouldnt be fitting enough..

one day... ONE DAY when they have taken to much and the people turn against them...

we will drag them into the streets by their hair, kicking and screaming.

we will yell at them, we will show them the errors of their morals..

we will string them up to the lamp posts..

and we will lynch them.. we will spit on their bodies and warn any man who takes for granted the good will of the people of the western world that your fate will be nothing more than a tight rope around your crooked neck!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I am tired of our retarded corrupt government. The only way to make the economy work is to put money in the hands of working consumers and create more working consumers by driving up demand and the ability to purchase goods.Giving money to banks and corporations is fail all the way around. Everyone needs to be at or near middle class its pretty simple.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
This is my first post, but here you go

$16 trillion... and its on going... if anyone hasn't prepared for hyperinflation already you should start asap. precious metals are a safe choice

The Fed Audit July 21, 2011, Official Government Website of U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders sanders.senate.gov... The first top-to-bottom audit of the Federal Reserve uncovered eye-popping new details about how the U.S. provided a whopping $16 trillion in secret loans to bail out American and foreign banks and businesses during the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. Among the [Government Accountability Office] investigation's key findings is that the Fed unilaterally provided trillions of dollars in financial assistance to foreign banks and corporations from South Korea to Scotland, according to the GAO report. The [report] also determined that the Fed lacks a comprehensive system to deal with conflicts of interest, despite the serious potential for abuse. In fact, according to the report, the Fed provided conflict of interest waivers to employees and private contractors so they could keep investments in the same financial institutions and corporations that were given emergency loans. For example, the CEO of JP Morgan Chase served on the New York Fed's board of directors at the same time that his bank received more than $390 billion in financial assistance from the Fed. The investigation also revealed that the Fed outsourced most of its emergency lending programs to private contractors, many of which also were recipients of extremely low-interest and then-secret loans. Note: We don't normally use the website of a member of the U.S. Senate as a source, but as amazingly none of the media covered this vitally important story other than one blog on Forbes, we are publishing this here. The GAO report to back up these claims is available for all to see at this link. For how the media is so controlled, don't miss the powerful two-page summary with reports by many award-winning journalists at this link. For another good article on the Fed's manipulations, click here.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to by Ghost375

Do you have a link or something to back this up?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by manisobsolete

Thank you, I am passing this link on....Hopefully it will get to enough people to start waking up the masses....These numbers are just . . . . . .uhm. . . . . obscene?!? is that acceptable? I just honestly can not think of a term to adequately describe my disgust at seeing it in writing.
edit on 30-11-2011 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GR1ill3d

click on the sanders link in the post

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to by pointr97

Thank you very much

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GR1ill3d

my pleasure, i overlooked it too, there is a sub link in that one, one going to the actual GAO's office..

edit-LOL...just realized, anyone remember the last time the government admitted to loosing a few trillion?..
edit on 30-11-2011 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to by pointr97

I saw that too, but its late and I don't feel like doing any more reading today then I already have (Research paper for a class) So they printed 7.7 trillion in money and gave it to the banks of the US and then another 9 or so trillion to loan out to other countries... and its going up??? Really?

I have had my mind blown 2x this week (Walking dead mid-series finale) and then this. I live in America and at one point thought it was a good nation. But is is very quickly falling between the cracks. If we keep going on this track, our country will find itself divided and gone within 20 years.

20 years is a generous guess.
edit on 11/30/1111 by GR1ill3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I read the Bloomberg article, they mention bank assets numerous times. These assets , could they be all the foreclosed homes in the United states ? Is this why almost every applicant is denied for these home rescue programs by U.S banks. I.e. banks would need the properties to pledge as collateral for the Federal Reserve Loans. There has to more assets these banks pledged for these loans here in the U.S. the homes are still not enough to cover this. Did they pledge future customer deposits as well. I don't think the Big bank bailout plan is finished yet, 7.7 trillion is allot to pay back. I'm sure we are still being lied to as in the big banks paid it all back. I'm sure there will be more hardships for all Americans to come in the near future because there is no way they paid all the money back. Unless they were getting 50 percent return on the dollars, and they still come up short.

This might explain why the fund managers of a cretin retirement fund can not explain where 3 plus million dollars went in my state, and the other millions that have gone missing. Not to mention a number of other states are in this same position. In my state NM there telling educators they have to work for 35 years to be eligible for retirement now. The ones retiring now will not get any cost of living increases for 6 or 7 years. How many other states is this happening in? Retirement funds are drying up in all the 50 states. yet. these big banks are in 13 billion in profits to boot.

I also noticed every politician including Barney Frank one of the prime suspects in the collapse of this nation stated in the article. " I new northing about the secret loans from the Fed" Now he is announcing his retirement. I don't think this is by coincidence people, I think he's running.

Also Anyone notice Barney Frank announced he is retiring to today,

Barney Frank Retiring

I fear a revaluation is coming soon to America. I'm very sure this is what the Fed had in mind, and why they wanted this kept secret.

edit on 30-11-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
here is a list of the bailouts made...

Bailouts
edit on 30-11-2011 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: WRONG LIST WAS POSTED, APOLOGY.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld
here is a list of the bailouts made...

list

Is this current? if so and this is still from the so called "700 billion" that we gave to the banks? If it is current then that is a really cruddy return on the pay back.

Total Committed:
$647,375,722,738

Total Disbursed:
$594,337,129,154

Total Returned:
$278,848,816,602

I really hope that is 2009 numbers and not 2011 numbers.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join