It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria: Russia Clings to Legacy of Soviet Ties in Arab World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
On Monday, the day after the Arab League voted to impose sanctions on Syria, Lavrov addressed Arab ambassadors in Moscow. He stressed the Kremlin’s policy that internal problems “should be resolved peacefully through national dialogue aimed at promoting civil harmony and without outside interference.”

Source

As Russia’s lone aircraft carrier prepares to steam from the Arctic to a Russian-operated naval base in Syria, Sergei Lavrov, Russia’s Foreign Minister, is on the attack, warning against outside military intervention in Syria’s slow motion civil war.

“It’s not so much the authorities, but armed groups that are provoking the unrest,” Lavrov told reporters on Tuesday. He urged all parties to pressure Syria’s political players to forego violence saying: “This has to do with what the authorities are doing, but even more, this applies to the armed groups that work in Syria and which maintain contacts with a host of Western countries and a host of Arab states. Everyone knows this.”

The authorities are on stand-by waiting to intervene with military might,while the armed rebel groups do the dirty work and incite war with support from the authorities.Same show as Libya,except now a different Cold War player is involved,and that's Russia.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I see what you're trying to imply by the phrase "authorities" but I think you need to reevaluate the context that the article is using the term.

Just a thought.

Thanks for posting

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Daedal

I see what you're trying to imply by the phrase "authorities" but I think you need to reevaluate the context that the article is using the term.

Just a thought.

Thanks for posting

I understand what the articles implying, but thought about who the actual authorities standing-by are and I drew the conclusion...Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Peace

new topics

join