It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2am and 4am dreams, can someone explain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'm posting this hoping that someone will know what is going on and be able to explain it to me.

Lately, in the last 2 months, I have been waking at 2am and 4am nearly every night after having a dream. I wake feeling very refreshed and thinking that it is time to get out of bed to start the day - until I look at the time. This happens at 2am and then again at 4am. It always happens straight after a dream, although the dreams are almost always pleasant and never seem to have any common theme - they appear to be just random dreams. I usually go to bed around midnight, maybe 11pm sometimes, but I always wake at the same times.

About a month ago, I woke up after a dream and thought to myself "Ah, it must be 2am", I looked at the time - 1:45am. I thought it was a little weird but went back to sleep and woke a couple of hours later and thought "Ah, it must be 4am", looked at the time - 3:45am. 15mins out of sync, both of them?? This is what has me really interested.

I am in no way worried or bothered by these dreams, I actually feel very serene when I wake from them, and never have any trouble during the day because of them. I just can't understand why it is happening?

Can anyone help? Does anyone have any ideas?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'm no expert, but I can tell you that firstly we always dream just before we wake up. Dreams occur during the light sleep phase not in the middle deeper part where you recharge. So it is your waking that is the problem, the dream part is just a normal by product of this action. As for waking at regular intervals this could be a number of things, do you have a similar pattern during your day where you must remember to do something every two hours or twice in two hours? Are you the sort of person that has a very active mind and feels busy all the time? You should try really relaxing before you go to bed wind down first. Also make a full list of things to do the next day, clear your mind of the worry you might forget something.
But don't worry about the dream part.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I see what you're saying, although I can't think of anything I have to do during the day that may affect my sleep patterns. I have no real typical schedule - I go to work, sometimes at 8:30am, sometimes 9am, sometimes later. I leave work at different times also. I don't have any specific task I have to do every 2 hours.

Although, now that I think about it - if I go to bed about 12, then wake a 2 and 4... this is obviously a 2 hour interval thing. I'll have to start paying more attention to other times I am waking.

So you really think my dreams have nothing to do with this waking? I'm only thinking that they may because I don't really dream all that often, except for these times when I wake. And when I wake, I feel refreshed and ready to get up, even though I've only had a short amount of sleep.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
What do you think the waking refreshed part has to do with your dreams? Do you think that you are re energized during your dreams ? If so by what or whom?
Do you believe in Aliens? Ghosts?
During hypnosis the subjects are often told...when you awake you will feel refreshed and will remember nothing of this.... Have you been hypnotized?
You could also be sleep walking, check this by going to sleep with a cup of water balanced on your head, if when you wake the water is spilled, then you have definitely been sleep walking.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I feel very empowered between 2 & 4 am. The mind manifestation is at its peak during this time.

new topics

top topics

join