It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't the Gov't tell us how to help in the War on Terrorism??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   
One more little tidbit. A story I came across, but never saw it in the mainstream media. This happened back in July:

It didn't take any oil money for this hateful, cruel act to transpire.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
jeezz sry if i hit a nerve Guy

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Guy, I do not write in cut/paste lazy quotation style. I write as if I were educated to some degree, so it should be a bit easier to understand

wow criticizing my posting method. real mature

that I said nothing conspiratorial in my post.

Oh i didn't say you said anything conspiratorial. I just said "take off your conspiracy hat for a minute" because many people on these boards read many conspiracies and sometimes apply it to most things.

I have no idea to what you refer in regard to conspiracies and contractors, unless you are wasting valuable brain space with that Halliburton garbage.

I didn't refer to conspiracies at all. jeez mellow out man

I was not referring to that, as my reference to green dye should have clarified.

You were referring to defense contractors, which was by the way, wrong.

Are you certain that the terrorists are only funded by rich oil countries?
That is to say, are you aware that they are also funded by people, Muslims, right here in the U.S.A? True, not to the same extent, but the point is, it does not have to be an Arab nation, but is usualy Islamic people, right?

Yeah, and who are these people? They are the families of suicide bombers who get large cash awards. from who? the oil-rich countries. You know and I know that's where they get most of their money from. oil-rich countries. Oil is a really huge slice of their income incase you didn't know

Yes, I was perfectly clear as to why they dislike the U.S.; we are not in accordance with their culture, their religion.

I doubt the reason they hate us is for being catholic, satanic or atheist or because we treat everyone equally here, whatever.

It is not limited to members of OPEC, and the victims are not limited to the U.S.

no it was clear it wasn't limited to members of OPEC when they flew planes into some buildings. No the victims are not limited to just the U.S., but theyre getting closer because it's a game of inches. You know that incident about the school hostages in Russia? thats probably what they're planning next here.

And, you may try another analogy but it is unecessary. Your junkie-wallet one explained nothing more, built nothing more to your case, and overlooked my balancing point

It wasn't suppose to explain a point, i thought I already did that. It was suppose to illustrate my point, you know like a metapher
And what balancing point did I overlook??

You want a hybrid car? Get one. Get two, they're small. Me, I can't pick one up right now, and if I did, I'd still need my Ford for 12 hour trips.

yeah as I said before, i traded in my car for a hybrid. And as I said before, you dont all have to turn in your cars, just conserve fuel. Can't you get that through your head?

Some people have to have SUV's to carry the kids to ball practice

Do you really need a tank to take your kid to practice?? a 4 door sedan is enough to carry 4 kids, i dont see the need for a tank. It doesn't make sense to call SUVs SUVs, because it stands for "sport utility," and we know soccer moms and football dads are not using these leviathans for sports or utilities. Few people use them to cross the Rockies (because, you know, wherever Lewis and Clark went, ditto the Navigator). We're driving school bus-sized urban assault vehicles around town

And by the way, Selfish Utility drivers: I personally don't want other motorists sitting high enough to see what's going on in my lap

and some people just don't want new technology right off the shelf.

Yeah, and those people might help out by conserving. One way is to carpool. Conserving oil by carpooling sounds like a good idea, and maybe on some level we get it that we'd have more leverage wih these terrorist-funding nations if we weren't beholden to them. But actually doing it means we'd have to drive out of our way to pick someone up and that'll take time and he'll probably wanna talk and I'm not much of a morning person.

Besides, I don't know if you've noticed it, but we gave up land barges back in the 80's. Remember that little oil trouble we had? You want to make a difference? Here are some suggestions. These are more realistic than yours:

How are my suggestions not realisitic?? if you mean it's not looking out for #1 material you can bet it isn't. Please elaborate on how my suggestions are not realistic.

What, do you think oil is only used for cars?

ummmm.. no it isn't. I can think a several things oil takes a part in i.e. light bulbs.

Get the picture? Look around. You'll figure even more ways to save fuel, and not only will this give you a way to save money, it'll let you think you're on the front lines, stopping the enemy. They'll still figure out ways to kill you though, they do not like you and never will.

Wait.. So I'm right, right?? Oil does fund terrorists. You do agree with what I have said correct? You know, about the diamonds and the oil.

One more little tidbit. A story I came across, but never saw it in the mainstream media. This happened back in July:

It didn't take any oil money for this hateful, cruel act to transpire.

Don't go on telling now that oil and terrorism aren't linked, ill "punch you in the face"
This refers to my previous point, famlies of kamikazes get cash rewards, further encouraging others.

So you agree? Oil is linked to terrorism and we should conserve it.

[edit on 9/6/2004 by s13guy]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Oh and as far as why the gov't doesn't tell us to conserve, its because Bush is oil. And Campaign contributions from oil companies go a long way.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
S13 guy I do support conservation of fuel. Especially as it would help our environment a great deal.
I think that the government should put in place a program for the gradual replacement of our standard gas run vehicles. An incentive program and also government help for those who can't afford to replace their car.
Maybe I misunderstood your first post. I did'nt mean to sound cynical or sarcastic.
As long as millions of dollars are comeing out of the oil wells everyday I can't imagine the government doing as I suggested above though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join