It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't the Gov't tell us how to help in the War on Terrorism??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The U.S. Government should be telling people things like conserve fuel, pay the full tax load, boycott diamonds etc.... Why don't they tell us these things ??? If we all had hybrid cars, then we wouldn't be indirectly supporting terrorism anymore. This way we're able to do our part in the war because im sure most people would like to help by not supporting terrorists.

EDIT: Could a MOD possibly move this thread to the War On Terrorism forum??? Thanks =]

[edit on 9/6/2004 by s13guy]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
There's a number of reasons why this could possibly be the case:

1. They're playing to us like children who have to be defended from not only external threats but from ourselves.

2. Telling us what to do could be horrifically unpopular, and politics is more about being popular than it is doing the right thing, it seems.

3. Because they don't want us to do anything.

4. Because if we do, the terrorists win. This won't happen, but if we have to start conserving things.

5. Because this isn't a real war, as far as the administration goes. It's a Korean-esque police action against terrorists, which is why there isn't the whole WWII push for buying war bounds and supporting the troops.

6. Because GWB isn't FDR. Simple as that. He's not very personable to us, and generally treats us like morons who can understand 1 phrase at a clip. I mean, FDR had Fireside Chats, GWB repeated Regime Change some 40+ times in one pre-Iraqi war press conference.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The thing that bothers me the most is when President Bush announced If you're buying illegal drugs in America, it is likely that the money is going to end up in the hands of terrorist organizations." Our defense suffers when we pretend the drug trade is the piggy bank for the terrorists. It's one thing to have abdicated the role of helping citizens make connections in time of war, as we see they have. But it's even worse when the government purposefully misleads the public to the wrong connection. You actually do more support to Al Queda by driving when you go out to pick up your drugs! All of us can help out by driving less, but unfortunately not everyone has a smack habit to give up. The American people really do want a part in the war (if not on the front lines); they just dont know where to begin.

The Real Axis of Evil in America is the genius of our marketing and the gulliblity of our people.

[edit on 9/5/2004 by s13guy]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gehirne
Because if we do, the terrorists win.

Yeah you hear a lot of that: if we stop bowling or screwing or whatever it is we wanted to keep doing anyway, then they win! And we pretend we're dumb enough to believe that this extends not just to our American virtues, but also our flaws. We convince ourselves that even shameless waste, our unchecked consumption and our appaling ignorance of anyplace in the world except our own little corner must continue--or they win! No, when you become smarter and less glutonous,you win. We all win!

Americans today could make things a lot more hellish for Al Queda and all the other als out there if only we'd get it on a practical level that we're in the war too, just not on the front lines. Israelis understand that and we eventually will too, but not until our government and our media start helping us make those connections between what we do and how it can help our troops-- and ourselves-- stay out of harms way.

All of us, if we want to, can have a big hand in winning this war

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
We are helping. Our kids are in the war and they're useing OUR tax money to pay for all of it. What more could they want?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
We are helping. Our kids are in the war and they're useing OUR tax money to pay for all of it. What more could they want?

And thats whats exactly wrong "what MORE could THEY want?!"
we were asked to do very little, and we responded.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Maybe the government thinks if we knew the truth about the terrorist networks here in our own country, we would run amuk. Mobs, looting, terrorizing innocent or not so innocent Muslims.
So they're not going to ask us to help. They're not going to give us license to do anything. It has to be all within the government's own control not ours.
Anyway if we started boycotting things like gas, diamonds, etc. the economy would be in even scrappier shape than it is now.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Maybe the government thinks if we knew the truth about the terrorist networks here in our own country, we would run amuk. Mobs, looting, terrorizing innocent or not so innocent Muslims.

what are you talking about??

They're not going to give us license to do anything.

What are you talking about??

Anyway if we started boycotting things like gas, diamonds, etc. the economy would be in even scrappier shape than it is now.

Again, wtf are you talking about? yeah right the economy was in ruins post wwII. They told us then to conserve/boycott things like oil and diamonds, because those things were essential weapons during ww II, and it certainly is no less today. They don't tell us to conserve fuel anymore because contributions from oil companies to win elections apparently weighs more than the people.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gehirne
-5. Because this isn't a real war, as far as the administration goes.

It's not a real war???? Our troops are sent to fight an enemy and are dying. The administration is calling this a war. How much more real can it get for ya?!! Sure it may not be a realistically winnable war, but its certainly a war.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by s13guy

And thats whats exactly wrong "what MORE could THEY want?!"
we were asked to do very little, and we responded.
Elaine is absolutely right. If you feel you should do more then take up arms and hop a flight and fight.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Elaine is absolutely right. If you feel you should do more then take up arms and hop a flight and fight.

No shes absolutely wrong. I feel its wrong to think that "Well they have our boys and were payin our taxes, what else do they want"
I traded in my z3 for a 2003 hybrid civic. Im doing my part by not supporting terrorists. Now I'm not saying everyone should trade in their cars, but to conserve gas. Improving our overall fuel efficiency by just 2.7 miles per gallon would completely eliminate our need for oil from the Persian Gulf--you know, where the trouble makers come from. And the response of " well join the war" is being sarcastic & cynical and makes it seem as if you're afraid to alter your ways for our country. if you're going to post, make sure it contributes.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   

No shes absolutely wrong. I feel its wrong to think that "Well they have our boys and were payin our taxes, what else do they want"
I traded in my z3 for a 2003 hybrid civic. Im doing my part by not supporting terrorists. Now I'm not saying everyone should trade in their cars, but to conserve gas. Improving our overall fuel efficiency by just 2.7 miles per gallon would completely eliminate our need for oil from the Persian Gulf--you know, where the trouble makers come from. And the response of " well join the war" is being sarcastic & cynical and makes it seem that you're afraid to alter your ways. if you're going to post, make sure it contributes.

Sorry if I hit a nerve. However, you are free to act on your impulses, as a person with free will, and if you feel that you should take action, then you should definately volunteer your services. The government has asked us to look over our shoulders, which we are doing a nice job with, report anything unusual, which we are all doing. I feel Im doing my bit. You switched cars, good for you. Not all of us can trade in our gas guzzlers at the drop of a hat. I probably would if I was financially able to do this now. I am not.
What do you suggest we do? I'd like to hear your suggestions.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
"Pay the full tax load"?

What am I missing here? Are you suggesting that paying more tax would somehow help defeat the enemy? Economics classes are some that I actually paid attention to (No offense to any Shrink 101 professors out there) and that does not add up.

The specific enemy that we are fighting are not influenced one way of another by my Ford, they'll attack whether or not a save fuel or do not. It is my Western beliefs, lifestyle and religious difference that they most destroy, not my fuel usage. I do agree that we need to use less fossil fuels for other reasons, though.

As far as the government telling you those specific things that you mentioned, maybe its because those ideas are superficial first glance ideas that wouldn't hurt the enemy as much as you think, and would do harm to our economy - something we don't need at this time.

Your connections with the WWII timeframe rationing is not relevant at this time. We are not suffering a lack of fuel that is hindering our military, nor are defense contractors screaming for diamonds. Green dyes are not being rationed, either (I noticed you missed that one, figured I'd help).

You want to help with the war? Email your politicians and make sure they understand not to do or say stupid things that would give the enemy the impression that we are weakening. That is a sure way of being attacked again.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Sorry if I hit a nerve.

nah you didnt, did i give the impression? sry if i did

However, you are free to act on your impulses, as a person with free will, and if you feel that you should take action, then you should definately volunteer your services.

Hmm maybe because i have compromises at home like going to school. And it would kill my mom if i joined the military, i couldn't do that to her. Again with cynicism.

The government has asked us to look over our shoulders, which we are doing a nice job with, report anything unusual, which we are all doing.

And you dont think you are you might be able to do anything else? like conserve fuel maybe??

I feel Im doing my bit. You switched cars, good for you. Not all of us can trade in our gas guzzlers at the drop of a hat. I probably would if I was financially able to do this now. I am not.

hmm i think you forgot to read this part I mentioned:

Now I'm not saying everyone should trade in their cars, but to conserve gas. Improving our overall fuel efficiency by just 2.7 miles per gallon would completely eliminate our need for oil from the Persian Gulf--you know, where the trouble makers come from.

What do you suggest we do? I'd like to hear your suggestions.

you'd already know that if you actually read my posts instead of just rapidly hitting the reply button

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
"Pay the full tax load"?

What am I missing here? Are you suggesting that paying more tax would somehow help defeat the enemy? Economics classes are some that I actually paid attention to (No offense to any Shrink 101 professors out there) and that does not add up.

sorry if i wasn't clear on that. That was really aimed at the guys with overseas bank accounts in the Bahamas who avoid US taxes.

The specific enemy that we are fighting are not influenced one way of another by my Ford, they'll attack whether or not a save fuel or do not.

Ok let me put it to you this way, Where do you suppose terrorists get their money??? That's right, from rich, oil producing countries. And where do the oil-producing countries get the money? From us buying oil.

they'll attack whether or not a save fuel or do not.

when we don't bother to conserve fuel and when we treat our gasoline as if it were some limitless entitlement, we fund our enemies, like a wealthy junkie fattening the wallet of his dealer. Its indirect funding. Al Queda funds their most ruthless operations with money they get from people who sell their oil to Exxon before Exxon sells it to you.

It is my Western beliefs, lifestyle and religious difference that they most destroy, not my fuel usage. I do agree that we need to use less fossil fuels for other reasons, though.

what? they hate Americans because we keep invading their space or are the infidels or some crusade.

As far as the government telling you those specific things that you mentioned, maybe its because those ideas are superficial first glance ideas that wouldn't hurt the enemy as much as you think, and would do harm to our economy - something we don't need at this time.

Maybe its not as superficial as you might think. You dont think a total conversion to hybrid cars on America's part would hurt terrorists financially? No wonder Al Gore was ridiculed for suggesting we find a way to phase out the internal combustion engine in 25 years. You'd think he asked everyone to turn in their car keys right then, taking away our freedom to come and go as we please. But Gore was right when he said it was a matter of national security. And no, it would not hurt the make the economy any worse than it is now...jeez excuses

our connections with the WWII timeframe rationing is not relevant at this time.

What i am saying is that in wwII Americans actually participated in the war. People like you and me. They had to fight every American by conserving gas and tin, and our foes knew it.

We are not suffering a lack of fuel that is hindering our military

umm no were not.... don't really know how that comes into play

, nor are defense contractors screaming for diamonds.

No, I did not mention anything about defense contractors. Take off your conspiracy hat for a minute. Colin Powell said, "Money is the oxygen of terrorism." And terrorists don't use banks or securities, which are assets that can be frozen. They're crazy not stupid. And they don't hide it under their mattresses, we've seen the caves. No, the bin Ladens of the world take their dirty oil money and convert it into dirty untraceable things like diamonds. Diamonds are small, easily smuggled, not stopped by a metal detector, and can't be identified by dogs. Not only are diamonds a perfect way for terrorists to launder their money- it's the one thing they do launder- but diamonds actually appreciate in value, so the bad guys see a profit when they convert their diamonds back into cash.

Green dyes are not being rationed, either (I noticed you missed that one, figured I'd help).

yeah I guess????

You want to help with the war? Email your politicians and make sure they understand not to do or say stupid things that would give the enemy the impression that we are weakening. That is a sure way of being attacked again.

Yeah contacting your politician is a good thing. You can do that among other things to help out your country in wartime.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Let me elaborate on the diamond connection. Diamonds start out in the earth, and eventually that earth is part of a country, like Sierra Leone, Angola or the Democratic Republic of Congo. In those countries, desperate battles for control have been going on for decades, and the armies that fight the battles finance their ambitions with diamonds. Villagers are forced to mine the diamonds by ruthless rebels who maintain order by any means necessary. The rebels then smuggle the diamonds into neighboring dictatorships in exchange for guns and cash. there the diamonds are sol to the highest bidder-whether they are terrorists or "legitimate" dealers---and finally they're laundered in Europe, shipped to America, and end up in jewelry stores where they're purchased by whomever.

just fyi =D

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
If they told you you would have to stop buying food at McDonalds, stop using petrol, buy fair trade produce etc. Now where would the fun be in that?
Sorry that would be a war on counterinsurgency (what you call terrorism when the US does it.)

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
If they told you you would have to stop buying food at McDonalds, stop using petrol, buy fair trade produce etc. Now where would the fun be in that?
Sorry that would be a war on counterinsurgency (what you call terrorism when the US does it.)

what?? please elaborate. i don't see a link between fast food, fair trade produce to terrorism. I see the petrol one, am I missing something here??

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I was suggesting that the US is a terrorist state, sorry a counterinsurgency state.

Counterinsurgency being the word for the type of terrorism the US supports.

Therfore i was usggesting ways of limiting the amount of cash you give to the Military Industrial Complex.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Guy, I do not write in cut/paste lazy quotation style, I write as if I were educated to some degree, so it should be a bit easier to understand that I said nothing conspiratorial in my post. I have no idea to what you refer in regard to conspiracies and contractors, unless you are wasting valuable brain space with that Halliburton garbage. I was not referring to that, as my reference to green dye should have clarified.

Are you certain that the terrorists are only funded by rich oil countries? That is to say, are you aware that they are also funded by people, Muslims, right here in the U.S.A? True, not to the same extent, but the point is, it does not have to be an Arab nation, but is usualy Islamic people, right?

Yes, I was perfectly clear as to why they dislike the U.S.; we are not in accordance with their culture, their religion. It is not limited to members of OPEC, and the victims are not limited to the U.S. CAre for a recap of only the last calender month? Here goes:

Date-Country-City-Killed-Injured-Description
9/4/04 Iraq Kirkuk 25 41 Fedayeen suicide bomber kills at least twenty-five civilians and injures another forty with a car bomb.
9/3/04 Russia Beslan 320 600 Islamic militants shoot fleeing children in the back, then blow them up, along with their mothers and teachers with nail-packed bombs. Others are crushed or burned to death from the effects of the bombs. More than three-hundred innocents slaughtered.
9/3/04 Afghanistan Kandahar 2 4 Two people, including a teenager are killed by a bomb, placed by the Taliban under a truck.
9/2/04 India Barhi Draman 1 3 Mujahideen kill a young boy and injure three members of his family for their refusal to send the boy to a terrorist training camp.
9/2/04 Iraq Baghdad 3 0 The Tawhid wal Jihad (Unity and Holy War ) Islamic group forces three Turkish hostages to kneel before a video camera, then shoots each in the chest.
9/1/04 Russia Beslan 16 14 At least sixteen people are killed as Mujahideen terrorists invade a school, taking more than a hundred children hostage. Children are made to stand in windows with suicide bombers behind them.
8/31/04 Iraq Baghdad 12 0 An Islamist group called Jaish Ansar al-Sunna slowly beheads a Nepali hostage while eleven other hostages are shot through the back of the head in front of a Qur'anic banner.
8/31/04 Israel Be'er Sheva 16 98 Hamas (Islamic Resistance) suicide bombers murder sixteen people, including a 3-year-old child riding two passenger buses. About one-hundred others are injured in the explosions.
8/31/04 India Pulwama 1 26 Muslim militant hurls a grenade into a road, killing a school teacher and injuring twenty-six other people.
8/31/04 Russia Moscow 11 51 A female suicide bomber kills eleven rush-hour commuters at a subway station in Moscow. Fifty-one others are injured.
8/30/04 Pakistan Qalat 3 10 Three are killed and ten injured by a bomb planted near a food stand.
8/29/04 Iraq Baqubah 6 11 Six police officers manning a checkpoint are gunned down by Islamic terrorists in two minibuses.
8/29/04 Afghanistan Kabul 9 24 The Taliban kill at least nine people, including one child with a remote-controlled truck bomb on a busy street in the capitol city.
8/28/04 Afghanistan Zormat 10 15 A bomb planted by the Taliban at a school kills nine children and one adult. Fifteen other youngsters were injured in the attack.
8/27/04 Iraq Najaf 1 0 In a crime so barbaric that even al-Jazeera declined to air the video, an Italian journalist, pacifist, and father of two is taken hostage and murdered by an Islamic group.
8/26/04 Iraq Kufa 75 376 Clashes between supporters of rival Shiite clerics results in at least seventy-five deaths and more than three-hundred injuries.
8/26/04 Sudan Yassin 64 156 Arab militia, supported by the Islamic government, burns down an African village and kills sixty-four civilians. Some one-hundred and fifty-six others survive with injuries.
8/25/04 Thailand Narathiwat 1 30 Muslim separatists bomb a food market, killing one and injuring at least thirty others.
8/24/04 Russia Moscow 89 0 Militant Muslims hijack two Russian passenger airliners, then murder all eighty-nine people, including women and children on board the two planes. The terrorist group Islambouli Brigade claims responsibility.
8/24/04 India Safarwaw Gund 4 0 Four civilians are gunned down by the Mujahideen, two at a picnic spot and two others in Pulwama, after abducting them from their homes.
8/24/04 Iraq Baghdad 5 15 'Holy Warrior' suicide bombers kill themselves and five others in twin blasts. More than a dozen Iraqi civilians are injured.
8/24/04 India Kara 2 0 In a heinous attack, a Muslim "freedom fighter" hurls a grenade at two children in a remote village, killing the 3-year-old girl and her 5-year-old brother.
8/23/04 Algeria Boumerdes 7 13 Seven security force members are killed in an ambush by Islamic fundamentalists, who lured them by setting fire to a children's center. Several children were injured.
8/23/04 Yeman Saada 11 0 Eleven Yemani soldiers are killed in an ambush by followers of a radical Shiite cleric in that country.
8/22/04 Iraq Baqubah 2 4 Fedayeen suicide bomber attempts a political assassination. Two guards are killed.
8/21/04 Bangladesh Dhaka 19 300 Nineteen people are killed and over 300 injured when Islamists throw more than a dozen grenades into an opposition political rally.
8/21/04 Chechnya Grozny 22 10 Twenty-two people, including policemen and other civilians are killed in several terrorist attacks by Muslim separatists in the capital city and across the country.
8/19/04 Afghanistan Farah 0 7 Seven people are hurt when the Taliban detonate several bombs inside an electoral commission building.
8/19/04 Iraq Najaf 8 30 Radical Shiites kill eight and injure thirty in the Holy City of Najaf in a mortar attack on a police station.
8/18/04 India Udhampur 4 0 Islamic separatists invade a family's home and then massacre the father, his daughter and two sons.
8/18/04 India Rajouri 2 0 Mujahideen militants - led by a Pakistani national - abduct and then cut off the heads of a man and his son.
8/17/04 Dagestan Makhachkala 3 2 Two separate terrorist attacks staged by Muslim rebels leave a civilian and two anti-terrorist agents dead.
8/17/04 Iraq Baghdad 6 32 Islamic insurgents fire a mortar round into a crowded street outside a barbershop, killing six, including two children, and injuring at least thirty others.
8/17/04 Algeria Bouira 2 0 Two Algerian village guards are killed by Islamic fundamentalists in separate bombings.
8/16/04 Iraq Baqouba 5 4 Mortar attack kills two civilians and injures four. In the same city, a roadside bomb kills three Iraqi Guardsmen.
8/15/04 Iran Neka 1 0 Iranian Mullah publically hangs a 16-year-old girl for having a 'sharp tongue.'
8/15/04 Iraq Baghdad 1 5 Bus station bombed with mortars - at least one killed and five injured.
8/15/04 Afghanistan Maiwand 6 0 Taliban extremists attack an Afghan army post and kill six soldiers.
8/14/04 India Galothi 2 0 Mujahideen terrorists shoot a young couple to death as they beg for their lives.
8/13/04 Israel Itamar 1 1 Palestinian gunman murders an Israeli driver outside a settlement.
8/12/04 India Watapora Beerwah 2 0 Mujahideen abduct and later shoot dead two civilians from a remote village.
8/11/04 Iraq Khan Ban Sad 6 10 Muslim terrorists bomb a busy marketplace in a small town, killing six people and injuring at least 10 others.
8/11/04 Iraq Mosul 4 0 Islamic insurgents spray a car with machine-gun fire, killing four occupants, including a woman and child.
8/11/04 Israel Jerusalem 2 16 Unsuccessful suicide car bombing at an Israeli checkpoint kills two Palestinians and injures sixteen.
8/9/04 Iraq Khalidiya 4 4 Civilian minibus is the target of another Fedayeen bombing. Four are killed and four injured.
8/9/04 Iraq Balad Ruz 7 14 In another case of "killing for Allah," a fedayeen suicide bomber destroys seven Iraqi policemen and injures another fourteen people.
8/8/04 Iraq Baghdad 1 16 A 10-year-old boy is killed, and sixteen others, including a 13-year-old girl, badly injured when Sunnis mortar-bomb a pickup truck in a residential neighborhood.
8/8/04 Pakistan Karachi 8 42 Two bombs, staggered to cause maximum casualties, rip through a Pakistani restaurant near a Sunni school leaving at least eight dead and dozens injured.
8/8/04 Iraq Kirkuk 1 3 Roadside bomb kills a 7-year-old child and injures three others.
8/8/04 Algeria Boukaid 2 0 Two local security guards are shot to death by Islamic fundamentalists.
8/7/04 Afghanistan Gilan 3 1 Taliban kill two U.S. soldiers and their Afghan interpreter with a roadside bombing on their vehicle.
8/6/04 India Gundana 1 0 Suspected Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists invade a woman's home and kill her in cold blood.
8/6/04 Afghanistan Uruzgan 2 1 The Taliban kill two humanitarian election workers and take another hostage in an attack on their convoy.

That is merely one month, and that pretty clearly illustrates it has nothing to do with us "invading their space", unless you count the non-Muslim world their space. You may want to broaden your reading beyond their propaganda releases. While you're at it, don't hand me a wad of crap about any "crusades". Their are no crusades occuring - yet. But as the joke goes, we ain't played Cowboys and Muslims yet!
And, you may try another analogy but it is unecessary. Your junkie-wallet one explained nothing more, built nothing more to your case, and overlooked my balancing point. You want a hybrid car? Get one. Get two, they're small. Me, I can't pick one up right now, and if I did, I'd still need my Ford for 12 hour trips. Some people have to have SUV's to carry the kids to ball practice, and some people just don't want new technology right off the shelf. Besides, I don't know if you've noticed it, but we gave up land barges back in the 80's. Remember that little oil trouble we had? You want to make a difference? Here are some suggestions. These are more realistic than yours:

Maintain your vehicle. That means checking the air in the tires, changing the oil every 3,000 to 5,000 miles (depending on your driving), and make sure your emissions control crap is functioning properly (You know that Check Engine light? Notice the gas mileage is down? Chances are you need to replace the HO2 sensors or the egr valve. Take your time with the sensors if you like, then you'll have the opportunity to change out the damaged cata-whatchyoumacallit converter).

Take your foot off the firewall, hotrod. Sure, its fun to fly low, iritating the troopers every chance you get. But is it efficient? No, and you know it. Now stop it! Be have, grow up and act responsibly! (Those of you who know me know that I am talking to myself on this one!)

What, do you think oil is only used for cars? Wake up, look around. If it is a machine, it needs lub or fuel. Do you really need the A/C turned down to 65 degrees? How much fuel and money will you save by tolerating the temp at 78 to 80 degrees, huh?

I suppose you are sitting in the computer room right now. So why is the light in the bathroom on? Get up and turn it off right now, you wasteful cretin! By the way, do you really need that 120 watt bulb? What, are you blind?

When you go to the store, do you buy products that have 20 pounds of container surrounding 2 pounds of product? Think about it. What is the plastic container made of? (If you say, "Duh, plastic container is made of plastic, moron!" I'm gonna punch you. Plastic is made of petroleum, right? Pick the item with the least amount of wasteful container.

Get the picture? Look around. You'll figure even more ways to save fuel, and not only will this give you a way to save money, it'll let you think you're on the front lines, stopping the enemy. They'll still figure out ways to kill you though, they do not like you and never will.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join